Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caroline Kearney (CK) Triathlon 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Get out of it my 6 and 9yr old are taller than you ye short a$$:) Any truth to the rumour you are coming down to CK with some of your fantastic home baked cake?

Nope and there'd certainly be none for you after that if I was! I was going to go but kingQuez swiped the entry I was going to take while I was still mulling it over. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Nope and there'd certainly be none for you after that if I was! I was going to go but kingQuez swiped the entry I was going to take while I was still mulling it over. :)

I know of one entry which may be up for resale if you really wanted to do it, thats assuming transfers are still allowed.

They're not. I'll just have to go for a 20 mile run instead. :) I might go down and bring cake if I have the car. I'll give your silce to BTH to hold up over your head so we can watch you try to take if from him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Start list and wave allocations now on our website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

I was going to go but kingQuez swiped the entry I was going to take while I was still mulling it over. :)

Wobbley foot and a bike that has yet to be put back together since last month may have me missing it too. Should have let you have it!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Looks like the suncream will be needed. :)

kingQuez wrote: »
    Wobbley foot and a bike that has yet to be put back together since last month may have me missing it too. Should have let you have it!! :(

We can do a relay. You swim, I bike and three legged race for the run?

Though apparantly I'm still cycling to Dundalk and back over the weekend. They seem to think I've paid my registration...

Looks like the suncream will be needed. :)

There should be a healthy glow coming off BTH so after the race, we will be able to cook marshmallows on him:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

There should be a healthy glow coming off BTH so after the race, we will be able to cook marshmallows on him:)

If he goes at the rate he passed me in Beast of the East the sun wont get a chance to crisp tan him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Race no. 2 of the season - since Portlaoise back in April - Excited.com :)

Hope to see some of ye there - give me a text when you get there Fran.

• Advertisement

Thought this was on Sunday. Definitely won't have cake now. Sorry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Thought this was on Sunday. Definitely won't have cake now. Sorry. :)

Pick up something in Tesco on you're way down. I won't be that picky.

Macanri wrote: »
    Race no. 2 of the season - since Portlaoise back in April - Excited.com :)

Hope to see some of ye there - give me a text when you get there Fran.

Will do Mick probably there about 8am or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Good luck all.

Great race and real nice course.
    Only thing to watch as stated is not to cross the white line on the turns, other than that it's a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Once again Midland Tri Club put on a fantastic race. Top class organisation, well supported, well marshalled, friendly, great grub, and a brilliant course. This race really is a must do, and I'll be back every year that I can be (that's 3 in a row for me). I doff my cap to EC1000 for pulling all together. Top man too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

+1 on that; ventured down with the lure of a race in nice weather and wasn't disappointed (seems waterproof factor 50 suncream wasn't enough to save my irish shoulders!). first time doing the race, will be signing up from here on in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Results are now up:

http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/view/id/219

Spot prize for anyone that can spot the Boards user that must have done an extra lap of swim or else went without wetsuit as part practice for next year's IM :D

Should be an interesting report there!

@ BTH - second fastest Bike split... Nice work out of you! ;)

Fazz wrote: »
    Spot prize for anyone that can spot the Boards user that must have done an extra lap of swim or else went without wetsuit as part practice for next year's IM :D

Should be an interesting report there!

LOL
    Foot/elbow/face resulting in goggle implosion, ****ing about to try and fix but no dice. Ended up doing the lot breaststroke with head above water. I tried swimming normally with eyes closed but could not see anything (surprisingly) and was going around in circles and across the other side of the lake:).
    I laughed my a$$ off for most of the way around though at how things have went this year, contemplated jumping in a canoe and said fck it just finish a race.
    How the hell people breaststroke in a wetsuit is beyond me my back is broken now:pac: Think it was 5th slowest time, dissapointing i was really hoping for the slowest overall for additional comical value!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

LOL
    Foot/elbow/face resulting in goggle implosion, ****ing about to try and fix but no dice. Ended up doing the lot breaststroke with head above water. I tried swimming normally with eyes closed but could not see anything (surprisingly) and was going around in circles and across the other side of the lake:).
    I laughed my a$$ off for most of the way around though at how things have went this year, contemplated jumping in a canoe and said fck it just finish a race.
    How the hell people breaststroke in a wetsuit is beyond me my back is broken now:pac: Think it was 5th slowest time, dissapointing i was really hoping for the slowest overall for additional comical value!!

JB!

I think I saw you at this yesterday, happened very close to the start in wave 1, dark black goggles. You were over on the left hand side? I was looking over breathing to the left and every so often you were bobbing and fiddling with the goggles! I then noticed no goggles and a bit of breaststroke! Fair play for going on!

Great day for getting some rays in the face! ;-p

mrbungle wrote: »
    JB!

I think I saw you at this yesterday, happened very close to the start in wave 1, dark black goggles. You were over on the left hand side? I was looking over breathing to the left and every so often you were bobbing and fiddling with the goggles! I then noticed no goggles and a bit of breaststroke! Fair play for going on!

Great day for getting some rays in the face! ;-p

Yep that was me alright by the time I took off you were all long gone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Diesel

Images from CK here; http://www.flickr.com/photos/33265232@N08/sets/72157631029665986/

Hope you had fun !!!

Advertisement