Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caroline Kearney (CK) Triathlon 2012

Options
  • 11-03-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

The 2012 CK Tri being held on the 11th August 2012 will open for registration on the 25th March 2012 at www.midlandtri.com

Past race thread 2011 here.

National Series race that has always sold out quickly in the past so you've been warned :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Nice one EC. Hoping to get registration sorted before heading to Naas for the Duathlon that monring.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

Will this sell out fast? Any idea what time registration is opening?

DaveR1 wrote: »
    Will this sell out fast? Any idea what time registration is opening?

It will sell out, and fairly fast. I can't see there being many places left by lunchtime Monday. Opens at 9am on Sunday per their bookface page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Entered. Love the course :)

Really liking this opt out of tee shirt option-although still a high asking price at 50EUR without tee-shirt. Anyway look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Entered again, love this course. Think that's me done for the season, race card is well packed now! Just need the training.

• Advertisement

I'm in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 haggis_mccloud

Entered for this one too (miss haggis too), will be my first time doing this race, hear great things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Literally just about to sign up but the date sounded familiar, stupid friend is getting stupid married the day before. Had this race in mind as one to do :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Am in too. Love the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Elvis is in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

I'm in, still entries available it would seem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Lots of targets in this one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

2 National Series races this year JB. Could this be considered your rookie year in the National Series..... newbie :D

2 National Series races this year JB. Could this be considered your rookie year in the National Series..... newbie :D

Yes i am a virgin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Good luck to all who enter. We remember Caroline well at Swords CC and she is sadly and sorely missed. She should be peaking for London now but her memory is kept alive by great events such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Here is an article about her if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Registration is now full for this event. You can still take your chances via the waiting list.

I was sent this picture which I thought was appropriate timing. The athlete that finished second that day was Helen Tucker. She's better known these days as Helen Jenkins and is favourite for this year's Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Managed to get an entry for this - I won't be breaking any records, but looking forward to a well recommended race all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

Macanri wrote: »
    Managed to get an entry for this - I won't be breaking any records, but looking forward to a well recommended race all the same.

Good stuff Mick, looking forward to myself. I have heard nothing but good things about the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 new2triathlon

Just wondering if anyone has a Caroline Kearney Race Entry for sale?

Swaps are allowed by race organizers up until 29 July 2012

http://www.midlandtri.com/CKTriWeb/cktri.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Good to see you back Mick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

ray o wrote: »
    Good stuff Mick, looking forward to myself. I have heard nothing but good things about the race.
    Good to see you back Mick ;)

Thanks lads.

I am going to look at your race report from last year for this one ElD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Thanks lads.

I am going to look at your race report from last year for this one ElD.

I'll see you down there too, seems to be a few from the club doing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

I've just got tickets for the women's olympics boxing final and i'm not going to be back to take part in this. So if anyone is still looking for an entry let me know - they are allowed to swap names up until this sunday 29th

Looks like a good few from the club will be heading down, i hope i can fit back into the club tri suit:)

Anyone do this last year? What is the course like for bike and run? My aim is too finish a bloody race without incident this weekend.

Looks like a good few from the club will be heading down, i hope i can fit back into the club tri suit:)

Anyone do this last year? What is the course like for bike and run? My aim is too finish a bloody race without incident this weekend.

Bike course if 44km or thereabouts. Rolling with two (cant think of a third) tough-ish drags, but nothing long or anything to worry about. Two sharp corners as well, but always well marshalled. Make sure to stay inside the white lines at these as DQ's have happened (BMC in 2010) Two laps, road surface better than most, good course.

Run is flat and a little short (9.7km ish) two out and back sections, the second one being quite long, gives plenty of opportunities to spot that guy you're chasing down!

Good race, well organised, decent feed after.

Bike course if 44km or thereabouts. Rolling with two (cant think of a third) tough-ish drags, but nothing long or anything to worry about. Two sharp corners as well, but always well marshalled. Make sure to stay inside the white lines at these as DQ's have happened (BMC in 2010) Two laps, road surface better than most, good course.

Run is flat and a little short (9.7km ish) two out and back sections, the second one being quite long, gives plenty of opportunities to spot that guy you're chasing down!

Good race, well organised, decent feed after.

Cheers BTH see you down there, pretty sure i will recognise you:)

Cheers BTH see you down there, pretty sure i will recognise you:)

I'll be the whitest guy there!

Note to self, try not to act surprised at the talking gnome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll be the whitest guy there!

Note to self, try not to act surprised at the talking gnome

He's smaller than me so don't hurt your neck looking down.

• Advertisement

He's smaller than me so don't hurt your neck looking down.

Get out of it my 6 and 9yr old are taller than you ye short a$$:) Any truth to the rumour you are coming down to CK with some of your fantastic home baked cake?

Advertisement