Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim Workshop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Oryx wrote: »
    Interested in this too, I await the details!

as promised...

JEmily wrote: »
    Rang that mobile number and no answer. If you could post up details and another contact number maybe. Thanks again.

He could be working and cant answer....maybe send a text.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks for the heads up on this mad m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Interested in it myself. Might look at booking it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carmelkayak

I signed up this morning and he told me that he has just one more space left. He only takes ten per workshop

• Advertisement

I signed up this morning and he told me that he has just one more space left. He only takes ten per workshop

I'll be going with the GF, so I'll pass this time.

okane1 wrote: »
    I'll be going with the GF, so I'll pass this time.

Okane there might be a couple of places left if you ring him, he gets cancellations..

Just to let everyone know there is more dates for swim Workshop on Saturday November 30th and again on Saturday January 4th.

Enjoy.

mad m wrote: »
    Okane there might be a couple of places left if you ring him, he gets cancellations..

Just to let everyone know there is more dates for swim Workshop on Saturday November 30th and again on Saturday January 4th.

Enjoy.

November suits a lot better. Must ring up and book

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Cottonballs

Hi guys - is there an email address for either of the lads that run the course? I'd be interested in going to the one in early January.

Hi guys - is there an email address for either of the lads that run the course? I'd be interested in going to the one in early January.

pm om its way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Signed up for November 30th. Only one place left now (as of yesterday).

pm om its way...

Can you also send me on that email address? Please & thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

okane1 wrote: »
    Can you also send me on that email address? Please & thanks!

Can you send it to me as well madm? Thanks

valerie wrote: »
    Can you send it to me as well madm? Thanks

On its way...

How did everyone get on? Was it help to any of you?

I've signed up for the course in March. Will let you know how I get on.

A picture paints a thousand words. :) Being able to see your own swim stroke is one of the best ways of discovering how to improve it. I'm putting the advice and drills into practice at the moment and I will let you know how my times go.

I would go back for an improver class if I could.

Did you just complete the Athlone workshop on the 30th Oryx?

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Did you just complete the Athlone workshop on the 30th Oryx?
    I did the one on 20th October.

Some of those drills are tough to do in a lane environment - I was almost thinking it would be nice to have a private pool at one's disposal for the really pedantic ones - doggypaddle, torpedo rolls etc :)

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Some of those drills are tough to do in a lane environment - I was almost thinking it would be nice to have a private pool at one's disposal for the really pedantic ones - doggypaddle, torpedo rolls etc :)

Try and get a few others in with you to do them. Other swimmers get the message and leave you at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wannabee swimmer

I heard that there is another Swim Technique Workshop in Athlone this Saturday the 29th. Have heard great reports about it. Does anyone have contact details as I'd love to give it a go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Sergio wrote: »
    Any plans to have a workshop in Corkcity?

Rob Lamb and Garry Mason will be doing a video analysis session early in the new year in Brookfield.

Send them a message on Facebook or send me a PM and I'll forward it to them if you are interested.

The Athlone workshops normally sell out months beforehand as there's a small number of places.

Dave Warby runs the workshop with Charlie Naughton. PM for an email address and you can try your luck, they may have a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

HobbyMan wrote: »
    Rob Lamb and Garry Mason will be doing a video analysis session early in the new year in Brookfield.

Send them a message on Facebook or send me a PM and I'll forward it to them if you are interested.

Can you pm some info please?

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    Can you pm some info please?

I will post the exact details once I have them.

I am planning on attending as well so you can be sure that I won't forget to post. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

HobbyMan wrote: »
    I will post the exact details once I have them.

I am planning on attending as well so you can be sure that I won't forget to post. ;)

thanks, i'll keep an eye for it. I contacted Garry I think during the summer to see if the September workshop was running, but apparently it wasn't due to lack of numbers. In fairness, he offered me one to one sessions where he says he does the same as the video analysis but without the video. I am already swimming in a group with a coach, and I think I need to see what I am doing wrong to be able to correct it!! Hopefully it'll go ahead!!
    thanks hobbyman!

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    thanks, i'll keep an eye for it. I contacted Garry I think during the summer to see if the September workshop was running, but apparently it wasn't due to lack of numbers. In fairness, he offered me one to one sessions where he says he does the same as the video analysis but without the video. I am already swimming in a group with a coach, and I think I need to see what I am doing wrong to be able to correct it!! Hopefully it'll go ahead!!
    thanks hobbyman!

One of the things that Garry will look for is that you are a front quartal swimmer as most people with a super efficient stroke are. This is because your body stays longer if you swim this way so make sure you develop that.

Personally for me the big eye opener was that I was crossing over slightly with my left arm.

I've worked a lot on my stroke since, and have become faster, so it will be interesting to see what I look like in the next vid session.

Now I am working on bilateral breathing (my stroke seems a bit unbalanced if I do this), tumble turns and butterfly - does it ever stop? :rolleyes:

Feel free to join our Brookfield Masters group at some stage (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday am). There's a Facebook page here so feel free to post any questions there.

• Advertisement

Can't believe this thread is over 3 years now since I posted it.

Anyway checkout link below.

Same lads, same workshop if anyone is interested. It's on this Saturday 11th July but they have added an open water session.

https://www.facebook.com/ConnecttoPerform?fref=nf

Advertisement