Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marilyn Manson new single and upcoming album

Options
  • 10-03-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

No Reflection is the latest track, It's really not too bad and has received good reviews so far.

The album [Born Villain] will unlikely recapture their old hard rock industrial sound judging by this single but all the same it's probably worth checking out.

I still like some of their later stuff even though the quality has dropped since 2000 but I still dig some tracks from their recent endeavors.
    Heart Shaped Glasses was nice change of pace from the generic nu metal styles of the GAOG and some songs off The High End of Low are worth a listen.

Don't know if this can be posted here but the song is from the bands official channel so you can check it out for yourself

Marilyn_Manson_eight_studio_album_logo.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Brian ceased to be relevant to me a looong time ago.

Most dangerous man in the world me Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

scudzilla wrote: »

Who give a **** about the tabloid crap.Its the music that matters. Not a bad song at all, by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kinda sounds like Manson was locked in a room that had the Sisters Of Mercy's Vision Thing album on loop.

Not a bad song though. Nothing new or original, but quite listenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

human 19 wrote: »
    scudzilla wrote: »

Who give a **** about the tabloid crap.Its the music that matters. Not a bad song at all, by the way

is it?! as a shock rocker outside the 1970's, I think not. He craved such crap. always struck me as illuminati in metal I felt this guy stole Rozz Williams' ethic for his dark pimp of pop schtick. Guys like this annoy me, like rammstein just paves the way for gimmick-giddy pop kids to infiltrate 'metal'.

looks like brian is struggling for a new logo.. the one with the emphasis on 'man' is hilarious

This has been taxing my brain. Either marleen monsoon is lady gaga.. ?! else just very like lady gaga. to the point you'd be convinced anyhow. I know I am..

Lady gaga is not a man, lady gaga is marylin manson. And vice versa. Think about it.. Not for too long, mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

'Hurr you little bastards, back in my day this was all just fields, keep that ball out of my garden, back in my day we didn't need iPads and Xbox, we had our imaginations, pull up your trousers.....' and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

...wow...just wow...

I know that Manson's stage performance declined in 2009/2011 but I thought he got back into it? This is just terrible...its almost playing into the myth of a debauched rockstar competely out of it before the gig.

Is that marylin monronson in that car ad on the telly, 'go/go/go' bollix.. Sounds like. most cringey thing I ever heard get back in the closet you jakey buffoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Manson needs Reznor as producer.

I think Reznor is too busy being boring to help Manson suck less, but sure he'd prolli need to build him a ****ing time machine to do any good at this stage, then he'd end up repeating himself again anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I haven't given a toss about him since I was a teenager but that was alright. "Listenable" as someone else put it.

He should give it a rest all the same though. He's not 28 anymore and it's slightly embarrassing now to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That's not half bad! What is bad though is how much that single/album cover resembles the Metallica logo!! :mad:

In my mind, MM is Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holywood and Golden Age of Grotesque. Anything before and after that SUCKED! This however, I'm liking.

I'm also of the "he's not 28" opinion. We recently heard him doing The Beautiful People with Rammstein. They were superb as usual but Manson was mumbling the whole way through. It seemed as though he couldn't give a fiddler's fecken feck!

Then we had him do the same song with Johnny Depp on guitar and Manson mumbled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Hmm, NIN did become boring a bit but Reznor still produces some interesting songs. Like Ghosts was an experiment which didn't work mostly because it felt like Reznor just messed around on the piano or with a synthesizer and said "look what I did, its amazing" and thought that was sufficient. The Slip just felt throwaway and I think that it was due to the sparseness of the recordings. Year Zero had one or two good songs but the rest were forgettable and With Teeth was the same but with more good songs. Its like Bart when he was bored with the I didn't do it routine but when he got back into it nobody was interested, or he wasn't as good anymore despite his enthusiasm. Early Reznor with the sporadic releases was just awesome. Reznor post The Fragile is more prolific in a way but not as good.

The whole Manson needs to grow up argument, bah! He's getting a bit like that Rod Stewart parody in South Park, but that's because he's wasted all the time I should think. I don't think he cares anymore about what he's doing, most artists seem to get bored or just go through the motions after a certain point. I don't really care though about whether he should change his music to reflect his 40 something years, I think he's legendary for being a totally wasted rock star not caring and releasing the same material again about Satan or whatever, he's like Bart out of the Simpsons when he imagines himself as a rockstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I remember starting a thread about his last album when it was released, and it didn't garner this much attention.
    As an artist you could definitely say he has 'settled down', but all the big acts of lore have settled down too. In the same way, most of the fan base from back then has aged too so in alot of marketing aspects, this still works.

His music certainly a reflects that. His last two albums, and this upcoming jaunt.
    But as someone already said, it is listenable and that is all that really.

New track sounds good but not groundbreaking.

Having tasted massive success and dwindled from the public eye, time comes for an artist to become an artist.

Time comes for 'Saucy Jack'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

New track sounds decent saw that live performance of it though which can only be described as utter dung, about to sit down and watch the fa cup and heard doll-digga-buzz-buzz on some advert didn't catch what it was though as I was making some tea.

Yes, of all the things that song could have been used for, I was abit surprised by that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tebowfan

Second single is a surprisingly good cover

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

tebowfan wrote: »

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttt

tebowfan wrote: »

Is Johnny Depp the new add on for rock/metal?

Marilyn Manson feat Johnny Depp.

Aerosmith's new album also has at least one track that comes with "feat Johnny Depp"

• Advertisement

Depp must have gotten lost on his way to Tim Burtons house.

Listened to the album in full last night.

Meh. And a hell of a lot of meh at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,303 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

£3.99 to download on Amazon! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

viadah wrote: »
    Having tasted massive success and dwindled from the public eye, time comes for an artist to become a p*** artist.

Time comes for 'Saucy Jack'.

Fixed that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I'm enjoying it. A step up from the last two releases anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

I was very impressed with the last album, and liked it alot, so Ive been looking forward to this one for quite some time. I think Mansons spark has dwindled a bit in recent years, hasnt quite been the same since Golden Age of Grotesque. For me personally, Holywood was a masterpiece, my fav album of the lot. He claims this is his comeback and I wouldnt disagree...unless his live shows are still as bad as when I seen him 2 years ago, hope theyve improved too!

This new one though, is right up there with the best of what hes done, in my opinion anyways. The highest compliment I can pay it is that the best comparison, best way to quantify it, is that what Antichrist Superstar was in '96, Born Villain is in '12. Not in terms of the impact on metal or on Manson persona in media, but musically and lyrically. Its got that same dark feel to it. Most of the tracks have a dark slow haunting feel to them before upping the tempo throughout. Jewels in the crown being No Reflection, Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day, Breaking The Same Old Ground. And theres just something about You're So Vain I like but dont know what it is! Manson always did have a knack of picking covers that afterwards reading the lyrics if you didnt know it was a cover you'd think he owned it! Im sure on further listens I'll think ya thats a gem as well, at the moment, I just cant get enough of listening to it, there isnt a bad track in it. As is typical in Manson albums, this follows suit in dishing out the trademarks that always manifest in his quality albums - a good cover song, at least one good slow-ish track, a good kick ass track, and dam fine lyrics.

There can be no doubting that Manson has indeed returned to form in this album. On that note it cannot be underestimated the impact that Twiggy has on this album, just look back at the albums hes been involved in and the ones he hasnt. An enjoyable listen, and as an avid Manson fan, this really is superb :)

Decent enough review, will give it a listen soon, thanks GKiraly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I really, really want Manson to make an awesome album again. And I want him to play live and not be rubbish.

But ahh Jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I really, really want Manson to make an awesome album again. And I want him to play live and not be rubbish.

But ahh Jeez.

IMHO he's done the album part of your request!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Awful, juts awful. Yes, I used to think he was good.
    But please don't drag Rammstein into this. They might put on a class show, but it's a bit lame to assume they don't have great tunes and some of the best lyrics on earth to back that up.

Advertisement