Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sites to search for teaching jobs in the Middle East?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭airneal

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Have you considered RCSI? They are out here in Bahrain. In fact, I know a PhD holder, in the biology area, with no teaching experience, who is working there.

Thanks very much for the reply Tom,

I'm actually more to do with the applied biology i.e. soil biodiversity, environmental management etc..

I don't think theres much out there in that field at the moment,

Will continue searching all the same,

Cheers for the reply!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

Hi guys,

My wife & I are looking into a move to the Middle East.

She qualified as a Primary School Teacher last year and is currently completing her DIP year in a school in Dublin. I presume that counts as one year's experience?

We've noticed that most job advertisements seem to ask for experience teaching the British curriculum. She has no British experience. Will this (or her one year experience only) be a problem?

Would love to get some advice. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

well guys, long time time no chat! hows life in ireland and middle east?? have my interview with teachanywhere on tuesday (originally was for sunday but have a wedding sat so she changed it for me). anyways, kinda put all my eggs into this teachanywhere basket, gonna be fare disappointed if it doesnt turn out.. couple of things not ready, like my passport is outta date in april 2014, couldnt renew cos didnt know date of interview until yesterday.. also garda vetting gonna take 6 to 8 weeks, didnt bother signing on with teaching council as i wanted to head off.. anyways, anyone a bit of advice on interview, or will i be ok for a few days without proper passport, and few weeks without garda clearance.. email consultant twice already, reckon she's sick of me annoying her :) really wanna do this now, just hope it doesnt fall flat on my face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭airneal

Hi Messi,

Out of interest, how did the interview go and what sort of questions were you asked? I would also like to do the whole middle east experience next year, but will see in 4 weeks when the PAC offers are made, in relation to getting on a Professional Dip Edu. course. I should be ok, but you wouldn't know anymore the way things are going. Anyway best of luck with the result and hope you fulfill your ambition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bloor

GIBS-LLC in Qatar currently have lots of openings for primary and secondary (fully qualified teachers). Contact Gareth on g.walters@gibs-llc.com for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Palatico

Hi , I`m new to this , I`m really interested in teaching in UAE , firstly i would be very grateful to anyone with any advice. Ive being doing quite a bit of research on the forums and I`m still not very clear in relation to which recruitment agency to go with. My degree subject is geography and i have two years experience of teaching geography at second level. I have my h dip complete and I`m also in the process of completing an online TEFL course. My question is do any schools apart from international schools have geography on their curricle , also what would my realistic chances of landing a dream job. Any information would be greatly appreciated as regards how to get the ball rolling, Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smokeymegraw

Hello everyone! I am brand new and looking to get any advice/info from teachers in Abu Dhabi. I live in the United States and will be flying to Chicago for the next round of interviews shortly after the first of the year. Al Ain and Al Gharbia were also areas mentioned when I was speaking to the representative. Are these places I should consider? I am looking to find an elementary position in the UAE. Any advice would be amazing! Thanks in advance!!!:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Versus

F.A.S.H wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Im a teacher in Dubai right now, came over here straight after finishing my postgrad in teaching. Im presuming you have at least 2 years experience beacuse you are taking a career break? So you should defo go for International Schools, i went with Teachanywhere, they were very good, and got me sorted with everything. SOme info on Dubai and Abu Dhabi, if you want nightlife and a good social scene, go for Dubai. If however, you want to make money and dont mind being stuck in the desert go to Abu Dhabi. If you hav any questions, you can mail me.

I would have liked someone Irish over here to email quesions to when i was coming :)

Hi, would you recommend some websites with agencies recruiting people to work in middle east? but not as a teacher :) thanks in advance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 patriciaf6

Im looking to go to Dubai to teach maths in a secondary school. Anyone know what the curriculum is like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Edvectus

I have submitted a career break request to go an teach abroad for a year. The Middle East is the place that catches my eye most - Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar etc.

But where is the best place to start as regards looking for teaching jobs in the Middle East? Googling this just brings up all sorts of sites and its hard to know which are even trustworthy. Can anyone recommend the best sites for finding teaching jobs abroad?

teachaway.com and teachanywhere.com are two that have caught my eye but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated... and any other suggestions about teaching in the Middle East in general would also be welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Tim the problem is that most UAE and Qatar contracts are 2 years. Kuwait is 1 year.
    As for companies to try, Edvectus is a company that is made up of lots of people from Teachanywhere including the founder. I would give us a try as we have an office in the UAE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement