Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 10/03/12 - RTE 1 @ 9:55pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I really admire this woman's objectivity on the topic.. She's seems like a very genuine person.. She loves her son, but understands her son was no angel either..

CCTV fKKKKKK :eek::eek::eek: seemed fairly innocuous ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This is a bit Macabre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

God love her poor woman:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Merciful Lord! CCTV? That is a first for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

monkey9 wrote: »
    This woman has displayed so much class and bravery from the very beginning!!

and so honest too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

efb wrote: »
    This is a bit Macabre

Heavy stuff for a Saturday night "light entertainment" show.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

What was the charge? Murder?

I hit record quick, I think I got it.. I'll upload to youtube if it worked..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I really admire this woman's objectivity on the topic.. She's seems like a very genuine person.. She loves her son, but understands her son was no angel either..

CCTV fKKKKKK :eek::eek::eek: seemed fairly innocuous ?

She is not looking for someone to blame which is admirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

He was a member of boards.ie and regular poster on the soccer forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

So what is this show supposed to be? Light entertainment? Why even have this woman on? Why would she agree to go on?What is the point of it?
    It's a sad story,tragic even. But it happens all the time.

Found it on youtube already.. 20 seconds in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My God this woman/mother is amazing.

So what is this show supposed to be? Light entertainment? Why even have this woman on? Why would she agree to go on?What is the point of it?

The court case was on during the week, this is why I would imagine.
    I agree it should not be on.

cofy wrote: »
    My God this woman/mother is amazing.

What's amazing about her?

She is a brilliant example of how one as to keep going after something so devistating and absolutely shattering has happened. I wish I had an ounce of her strenght and dignity.

It certainly didn't look like Gearoid was 'gunning' for his attacker...:(

cofy wrote: »
    She is a brilliant example of how one as to keep going after something so devistating and absolutely shattering has happened. I wish I had an ounce of her strenght and dignity.

Keeping her dignity? What's she doing on the telly? To be honest she seems a bit odd to me and a bit cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

why was he going back to the shop if was all over, smells alot , oh and and he was drunk sweet. Different if the attacker went after him but no , he came back to the shop.

503794-gearoid-walsh.jpg

Doesnt look like the hardiest lad in the world either, small and skinny .... Gearóid must have been some existing susceptibility ?

• Advertisement

I admire her strength and honesty about her son but I cant help feeling she is a bit disloyal to him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Unfortunately for Gearoid,the Aussie wasnt going to wait to be hit before deciding what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

What's amazing about her?
    Keeping her dignity? What's she doing on the telly? To be honest she seems a bit odd to me and a bit cold.
    She says she accepts the acquital but she hasn't really. What she is doing on a second rate tv show on is beyond me. It's totally inappropriate and will not help her in the long run and she wil regret it.

I think you're deliberately trying to be a tosser tbh. And you're succeeding with flying colours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I think she is trying her best not to be over emotional about a emotional subject on television. Bear that in mind, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Watched the video, the attacker is a cowardly s.o.b. He went straight for him... If I thought someone was going to be hostile i'd avoid them and brace myself for any danger - not launch my self at them savagely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

hondasam wrote: »
    I admire her strength and honesty about her son but I cant help feeling she is a bit disloyal to him as well.
    shes been a realist.

503794-gearoid-walsh.jpg

Doesnt look like the hardiest lad in the world either, small and skinny .... Gearóid must have been some existing susceptibility ?

Quite possibly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

How can you say she's odd and cold?? :confused: I see an articulate strong woman speaking about a tradgedy in her life in a very open and honest manner!

Yes dignity, she can speak so clearly and as been mentioned already by others, so honestly. You might see her as being a bit cold, I see her as being realistic a hard thing to be in a situation like hers.

• Advertisement

shes been a realist.

I understand this but she did not give a good impression of her son imo.

Advertisement