Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

penev10 wrote: »
    #3 was my personal favourite. Thought it had the best level design by a mile. But could still see myself picking this up. Was one of the few games I was ever half-good at. I remember pulling off a few million point combos in #3 to the amazement of my friends.

Lord how much time did I spend grinding 'round in circles on that swimming pool on that ship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads the multiplayer is gonna be so good, playing that level where you mark a ramp/rail/etc with a colour when you perform a trick on it and the other guy has to get a higher score to make it his colour. I just hope they don't up the price becuase it's not just a hd remake. I'll pay 15 for this but 20 might be pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Lord how much time did I spend grinding 'round in circles on that swimming pool on that ship :D
    Or the baggage conveyor belt in the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Three seconds left? Hrm, lets see how long I can grind for :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I would love if they added a few levels from THPS 3, especially the Canada level, that was great.

• Advertisement

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    I would love if they added a few levels from THPS 3, especially the Canada level, that was great.
    Excellent level alright, up there with San Francisco. Reckon they'll hold off and try and bunch 3&4 together if this one sells well. 4 was quite good too but it was at that stage they started to go down the Jackass route with stupid challenges in shopping trolleys and the like. (Although at least it was better than the GTA-bandwagon jumping efforts of THUG!:mad:)

I actually enjoyed THUG but it was definitely the start of the downfall. Too much jackass stuff going on, even though I'm a big fan of them, took away from the basics. I really liked starting as a nobody, getting a sponsor and entering competitions to have your friend steal your skate tape. I liked the story in it but too much of it was off track.

Any of ye fans of the series Skate? I really liked 1 & 2 (never played 3) but some of the moves were impossible to do with some of the goals being impossible to do without glitching it. Was 3 any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I've just seen this thread now, and I can safely say this has made my day. Absolutely fantastic games. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

:)

3 was my personal favourite aswell, purely because I got a PS2 with THPS 3, GTA III and WWE Smackdown: Just Bring It one Christmas and I played those 3 an unhealthy amount.

I did however love the **** out of the first game, I had it on Dreamcast. lol

Ha weird, sounds like we had the exact same Christmas. Great times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'll be buying this if it's at a reasonable price. I love the old Tony Hawk games, but since this is just a "best bits" fiasco, I won't be coughing up 12/15quid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Originals stil work on PC with Hamachi, the game servers long since turned off.

Still deadly online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed THUG but it was definitely the start of the downfall. Too much jackass stuff going on, even though I'm a big fan of them, took away from the basics. I really liked starting as a nobody, getting a sponsor and entering competitions to have your friend steal your skate tape. I liked the story in it but too much of it was off track.

Any of ye fans of the series Skate? I really liked 1 & 2 (never played 3) but some of the moves were impossible to do with some of the goals being impossible to do without glitching it. Was 3 any good?

I've played all 3 Skate games. Skate 3 is good yeah, 2 is my favourite of the them though.

As for Tony Hawks HD, I'm definitely buying it. I rarely buy Arcade games aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I was literally just watching tony Hawk 3 videos last night and listening to the sound track. the memories. I must be psychic or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Ha seemingly getting a PS2 and THPS 3 for christmas was a rite of passage :D. Was delighted when I got mine but "santa" forgot to bring a memory card as well! Could make it to the airport or the second competition before I was told to turn it off and get some fresh air. Great memories, especially the cruise ship level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Ha seemingly getting a PS2 and THPS 3 for christmas was a rite of passage :D. Was delighted when I got mine but "santa" forgot to bring a memory card as well! Could make it to the airport or the second competition before I was told to turn it off and get some fresh air. Great memories, especially the cruise ship level.

The definition of first world problems right there!!! :pac:

Should be good, never played 3 but loved the first 2. Although won't be paying more than €10 - €12 for it!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lads the multiplayer is gonna be so good, playing that level where you mark a ramp/rail/etc with a colour when you perform a trick on it and the other guy has to get a higher score to make it his colour. I just hope they don't up the price becuase it's not just a hd remake. I'll pay 15 for this but 20 might be pushing it.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd happily pay the 30, 40.. dare I say up to 50 euros for this. After all, the amount of enjoyment this series has given me (and will give me during the summer) throughout the years, at least up to THUG. While THUGS was a decent game, I just didn't like the route the series was taking. Someone else said it above but THSP4 was really the start of the decline I felt as well.

2 and 3 were certainly my favourite games of the series, gameplay aside, the soundtracks in both were simply brilliant as were the tracks/courses all round.
    Just talking to a few friends on Skype, had a bit of a reminiscent about the series. Amazing how much of the tracks I remember really :o. Fairly sure I can remember most of my combo lines too :pac:

There's times where I wished I got into the Skate series but pulling off multi-combo moves for over a million or three points was what I grew up with and preferred over a skate simulation game. Looks a very good game in it's own right from what I've seen.

Ya, all this skating talk has me looking for Skate 3 on the cheap to tide me over until this is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ya, all this skating talk has me looking for Skate 3 on the cheap to tide me over until this is out!

I like your thinking sir! To amzamon!!!

I like your thinking sir! To amzamon!!!

Let me know if you find a cheap copy, I'm fully sure I saw this for 2nd hand in shop before for 10 - 15 euro. Online seems to be about 20 euro incl delivery, hopeing to just pay a tenner (optimistically)

Tony Hawks son is gonna be in THPSHD, don't know anything about him though. Is he a pro skater or did his daddy pull some strings?

Let me know if you find a cheap copy, I'm fully sure I saw this for 2nd hand in shop before for 10 - 15 euro. Online seems to be about 20 euro incl delivery, hopeing to just pay a tenner (optimistically)

Tony Hawks son is gonna be in THPSHD, don't know anything about him though. Is he a pro skater or did his daddy pull some strings?

Riley? Hes not that bad a skater (sponsored by Lakai and obviously Birdhouse). There is better but its no surprise hes there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some smack of nostalgia listening to them now. The music alone in that game would keep you playing it for longer than you expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

J. Marston wrote: »

Loved the music in 3

This was my favorite

Edit: Ah the days of modern consoles should mean this new game will allow custom sound tracks, so we can just put these classic on the xbox and skate to them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

This topic has made me nostalgic about playing as spiderman. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Jesus that music really does take me back. I just had a weird flashback to a full blown party with me and a friend sitting all night playing TH3 in the middle of it.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    This topic has made me nostalgic about playing as spiderman. :D

I had totally forgotten about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Riley? Hes not that bad a skater (sponsored by Lakai and obviously Birdhouse). There is better but its no surprise hes there

Apparently, Activision (or whoever designs the TH games today) really wanted to get Riley Hawk involved in the last 3 TH games, but Riley refused, as he didnt want to ride on his father's coat-tails, insisting he would only be in a game when he was involved in the Pro circuit. Tony Hawk said he was surprised when Riley agreed. So its not a case of 'Yay, I get to be in Dad's game!'.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Apparently, Activision (or whoever designs the TH games today) really wanted to get Riley Hawk involved in the last 3 TH games, but Riley refused, as he didnt want to ride on his father's coat-tails, insisting he would only be in a game when he was involved in the Pro circuit. Tony Hawk said he was surprised when Riley agreed. So its not a case of 'Yay, I get to be in Dad's game!'.

Ah very interesting, might actually play as him now. Wonder if he can do the 900

And in 4 (i think) you could play as gene simmons at a kiss concert :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wasn't TH3 the 1st or one of the 1st online console games?????? I seem to remember a special 3rd party modem for it and other connection methods that predated slim ps2 and it's network port.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Wasn't TH3 the 1st or one of the 1st online console games?????? I seem to remember a special 3rd party modem for it and other connection methods that predated slim ps2 and it's network port.
    I gather you mean first online PS2 game? The Dreamcast was online about 2 years before that (and if you want to be an uber geek you could say the adapter yokey for the Super Famicom in Japan, wasn't that online? the satellite vision or whatever it was called?)

The was definitelty an official external modem for the fat PS2 but not sure what the first games for it where. Agian I'd say it took off more in JApan than in the west. Resident Evil Outbreak didn't have online features in the west but it did in JApan.

Advertisement