Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF3 Content to be Announced Tomorrow

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I wouldnt mind some more like Seine

Seine is probably the best map in BF3 on conquest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

nummnutts wrote: »
    The Armoured kill expansion pack will feature the "biggest map in Battlefield histiory".

I'm looking forward to that.

This big?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

5uspect wrote: »

I swear to fcuk if you drive off without me... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

ATV's!!!!

About fecking time!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Close Quarters trailer:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

Looks to be an office building with a penthouse on top. I like the look of the vertical gameplay. Hopefully there are a good few floors to get to the top, could make a pretty cool conquest map then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

If anything, I'm looking forward to seeing what Battlefield-style gameplay will be like on a CoD-style map.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The key point of that is vid 27 secs in.
    Between that and the USAS it'll make Metro look like Caspian....still looking forward to new content though :D

Decryptor wrote: »
    If anything, I'm looking forward to seeing what Battlefield-style gameplay will be like on a CoD-style map.

just think of 40 whorebags with rpg's..
    Can't wait to see Astro looking for a tank/apc to drive up the stairs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Blazer wrote: »
    just think of 40 whorebags with rpg's..
    Can't wait to see Astro looking for a tank/apc to drive up the stairs :D
    Easy C4 kills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Some guy went through the video for new weapons and looks like:

AUG - Assault
    LSAT - Support
    ACW-R - Engineer
    SCAR-L - Engineer
    L86A1 - Support
    SPAS-12 - All-kit
    MTAR-21 - All-kit

Supposed to be 10 so 3 TBC.

• Advertisement

Decryptor wrote: »
    Easy C4 kills :)

ah fúck....now I've visions of me on the bottom flight looking up at you and Awesome/Horse in the top storey laughing manically as ye drop C4 down on us...

I can even hear ye now on TS...
    "it's raining C4, hallelulah..it's raining C4...

lol...someone's beaten me to it on youtube

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Looking at the video, first think that made me smile was the sight of the guy using the rpg in a lobby. :)

Blazer wrote: »
    ah fúck....now I've visions of me on the bottom flight looking up at you and Awesome/Horse in the top storey laughing manically as ye drop C4 down on us...

I can even hear ye now on TS...
    "it's raining C4, hallelulah..it's raining C4...

lol...someone's beaten me to it on youtube

haha! Thats exactly what I was looking forward to doing! I love making it rain C4 on the Oman tower down to the construction site! Get some funny kills

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »

Dont like the look of that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Honestly if the experiance from some of the more infantry focused maps of BC2 then this map pack will be much more appealling to play Rush mode on and when the next map pack hits it'll swing back to more conquest again.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

If this is multi-storey then it will make for some great rush games,might end up being a little too frantic but good fun too I'm sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Video from PAX East has appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I was hoping for a larger version of Seine but at least the office building looks like it has more opportunity for flanking than Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Roorah wrote: »
    but at least the office building looks like it has more opportunity for flanking than Metro.
    Yes, a lot more flanking. This will be epic madness on a 64 player server ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Not a fan, may aswell be Call of Duty I'm watching.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Not a fan, may aswell be Call of Duty I'm watching.

Admittedly they're meant to be small, close-in maps, I guess that's unavoidable (though we've only seen one map so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

The official page says 2-16 players:
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

I dont think you can have more than that on these maps as they've added extra destruction as a trade-off. Should be fun but may just end up being a novelty, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Ah, 2-16 player sounds much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

It does looks like a fun small player count map but 2-16 players means its designed for consoles since 24 players is their maximum players. It won't be suitable for rotation on most pc servers unless you want utter mayhem or to kick half or more of your players. Thats if there's 64 people stil playing the game in June.

Guess we'll have to see in June (subject to DICE time). :D

I can see these new maps being dropped by servers after the first couple weeks. Admins will want their server populated but these maps are gonna split the community. Especially with the console player count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

The ultimate map manager plugin for procon allows you to automatically change the server size and map list depending on the number of players on the server. This map pack and that plugin might be a nice combo to keep a server busy

Advertisement