Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF3 Content to be Announced Tomorrow

Options
  • 07-03-2012 12:09pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

screenshot_1-jpg.702

So... what does everyone hope for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Dont know what to think with the 'close quarters' name. If its more maps like metro I wont be mad about them but I do like Bazaar & Seine. More of a huge map fan with armor & air etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If metro was a bit wider with more places to flank it'd be a great map. Personally i love the more infantry based maps, seine\bazaar\sharqui. not surprised with the close quarters theme as metro seems to be the most popular map there.

If there was access to the town above the metro that would make it a class map! Also on damavand it would be class if you could go over the mountain on foot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I certainly don't want more corridors like Metro. Something with larger buildings, or more vertical aspects like the palace on Warlord or Ghost Town would add more variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

/Loads USAS....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Panama Canal would be pretty nice...that was an awesome map in BC2..

3 New Expansion packs planned. Close Quarters, Armored Kill & Endgame

http://ea.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=1741

Some more info: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

Not liking the sound of the close quarters one tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Some more info: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

Not liking the sound of the close quarters one tbh.

It's a bit vague alright, but the screenshot do seem to suggest indoors combat more than metro style corridors at least.

Armoured Kill sounds like a rehash of the Armoured Fury pack concept from BF2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I wouldnt mind some more like Seine

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'd be hoping for more vehicle based maps, maybe some air-only scenarios on consoles. If I wanted infantry only gaming I'd play MW3 tbh, there's too much temptation to run-and-gun on infantry only / urban levels (at least that's how I've seen it). Unfortunately ktulu123's link seems to imply they're going the infantry route. Guess I won't be availing of these expansion packs.

Edit: saw 5uspect's link, the dedicated servers on consoles will be interesting! Armoured kill sounds like a pretty cool scenario too.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

"High Defninition Destruction"
    "HD Destruction"
    "HD Destruction"

Why all the emphasis on this? Is there something changing with BF3's existing "HD Destruction"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

"HD Destruction"
    "HD Destruction"

Why all the emphasis on this? Is there something changing with BF3's existing "HD Destruction"?

They are making it MORE HD!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

"HD Destruction"
    "HD Destruction"

Maybe "actual" destruction, as opposed to the current "limited destruction". Personally, I wanted to be able to flatten Karkie like I could with some of the maps in BF:BC2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

the_syco wrote: »
    Maybe "actual" destruction, as opposed to the current "limited destruction". Personally, I wanted to be able to flatten Karkie like I could with some of the maps in BF:BC2 :pac:

Yeah loved doing that in africa harbour.

Skip to .40 in this video to see some close quarters gameplay. Looks like a Call of Duty map :(

Skip to .40 in this video to see some close quarters gameplay. Looks like a Call of Duty map :(
    I actually quite like the look of that map...looks like a map where teamwork is essential, more than other maps. On the other hand, it looks like camper-galore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The site says 2-16 players, so perhaps its only limited to certain modes?

• Advertisement

Looks like the villa from the near the end of single player.

It does actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Bang on with the COD comment there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Any dates announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Would like to see more "made for infantry but sure throw a couple of tanks/APC's in there too" type maps, like Seine & Karkand, they're great fun :D

Close Quaters sounds like being pure USAS and claymore pain but I'll probably still get it for the new weapons, any links to what they will be?
    DICE don't seem to be doing anything original with these add-ons so I can see the three XM8's from BC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Looks gay.

But the other expansions mention they will be more vehicle based, so I'm happy enough.

Jim wrote: »
    Looks gay.
    You mean "ghey"...that right Sean? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Looks Good.

Looks like they changed the mini map/map from shades of blue to white outlines on black, could be just beta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

The Armoured kill expansion pack will feature the "biggest map in Battlefield histiory".

I'm looking forward to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Give CTF tbh, thats all I want!!!!!

Advertisement