Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicolas Sarkozy says France has too many foreigners

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

It would have been the Likes of Sarkozy himself (Little EU man) that would have been promoting the free movement of people across the EU, now he has the cheek to give out about it.

It wasn't long ago when posters were placed on trains across France warning people of Romanians.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8534030.stm

So he's complaining about something that you think he might have been promoting in the first place.

But you have no idea either way?

Good man. You're dying a death in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Archeron

Oddjob wrote: »
    France seems to have got all the ****e immigrants, we're lucky, we seem to have got all the great immigrants who just narrowly missed being Ms Poland and have 6 degrees each, yet fit 18 hours works into a 8 hour day and are the nicest people you'd ever meet.

On the rare 4 hour break they take on a Sunday morning, they also heal the sick and raise the dead.

Unlike those lazy bastard Irish, I've never met one who has raised anyone from the grave, even when we had full employment.

speak for yourself, I have an army of the undead. Ok, at the moment they are just ironing my underpants, but when the moment is right you better make sure your brains are in a time lock safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...take our croissants, they take our wimmin, they pee in le pool when they go swimmin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Wasn't Hitler trying to annex regions and bring in more citizens to a greater Germany

And for your first point, unemployment is high and citizens are concerned. So politicians follow the trend

This post explains it:

And it's true, immigrants provide competition for the unemployed.
    Hotels, shops, areas like that have wages driven down by immigration. You might get minimum wage, hard to get a good salary out of it

Some areas like highly skilled jobs have a lot more protection and less danger of you getting worse conditions

So anyway, where is the racist part? This is an economic issue

eh no..... hitler succeeded in vilifying and criminalizing the Jews and the Slavs as sub human in the german peoples eyes via the media and propaganda long before he annexed other nations , and was never going to make people of fallen nations citizens of the Reich , they were to be slaves

sarkozy is playing the hand most politicians on the content are at the moment in pandering to the right and far right , Denmark , Holland and Finland have right wing party's sitting in government as we speak , France is not far off it either

blame the lack of resources in any country because of rising immigration and you wind the right up , no better time for the right to rise than during a crippling recession

sarkozy is not alone in this behaviour - it becoming trendy to be on the right in Europe

trouble is brewing in europe again , all it needs is a trigger

the euro anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

There's one fairly empty island in the Atlantic that could accommodate them.:D

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »
    speak for yourself, I have an army of the undead. Ok, at the moment they are just ironing my underpants, but when the moment is right you better make sure your brains are in a time lock safe.

I'm assuming that sounded a lot funnier in your head, it was the ironing your underpants that was the first clue. And then the zombie reference, I'm guessing you're not fending the ladies off with a stick?

Never mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

dj jarvis wrote: »
    eh no..... hitler succeeded in vilifying and criminalizing the Jews and the Slavs as sub human in the german peoples eyes via the media and propaganda long before he annexed other nations , and was never going to make people of fallen nations citizens of the Reich , they were to be slaves

sarkozy is playing the hand most politicians on the content are at the moment in pandering to the right and far right , Denmark , Holland and Finland have right wing party's sitting in government as we speak , France is not far off it either

blame the lack of resources in any country because of rising immigration and you wind the right up , no better time for the right to rise than during a crippling recession

sarkozy is not alone in this behaviour - it becoming trendy to be on the right in Europe

the euro anyone ?

I would assume the poster was referring to ethnic Germans in other countries such as Czechoslovakia and Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Not true, he saw the citizens of many countries that Germany occupied as Aryan.

He bore no ethnic grudge against most Danes, Norwegians, French, Dutch and Belgians. Many gladly fought for Germany and were taken into the "racially pure" SS.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Really? You reckon they made all those economic decisions that has caused so many problems in France? :rolleyes:
    As economic migrants, they made the decision to go to France, the problem is that France has failed to provide them with an equal status within the country. Some of the recent riots there have been by migrants complaining about their "second class" status.

As the French economy declines, things will get more nationalistic and migrants will get the shitty end of the stick.

By reducing the numbers coming in, he's probably hoping that the numbers who riot stay smaller.

This is very interesting to me. I was in Paris and the weekend. First thing that struck me was the amount of Muslims. I thought I was in Algeria or Saudi Arabia or somewhere. Not that thats a bad thing.

it is ... if i went to Saudi Arabia for a holiday and it was full of French people i would not be happy , if i wanted to see the French i would have gone to paris ........ oh wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

As economic migrants...............

Wait up.... you're a Mod now?!

A Mod of the "Home Appliances" forum?!!!!

LOL!

it is ... if i went to Saudi Arabia for a holiday and it was full of French people i would not be happy , if i wanted to see the French i would have gone to paris ........ oh wait

So you're saying a muslim or somebody whose parents/grandparents etc weren't born in France can't be French.....?

LOL!

Shush, before he irons out your nonsense.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Not true, he saw the citizens of many countries that Germany occupied as Aryan.

He bore no ethnic grudge against most Danes, Norwegians, French, Dutch and Belgians. Many gladly fought for Germany and were taken into the "racially pure" SS.

yea but the slaves were going to be coming from the east , Poland , Belarus , Ukraine, Russia, Hungary Latvia Estonia - these places he had a grudge

anyway this is a bit off topic - hitler bad

back on topic - sarkozy is a little prick , and so is henry :-)

the euro anyone ?
    No, resource limitations (peak oil), China holding all the cards (oil, minerals and jobs) and near future shortages will light the blue touchpaper!

LOL!
    and???

Nodin wrote: »
    So you're saying a muslim or somebody whose parents/grandparents etc weren't born in France can't be French.....?

That depends, do they want to be French?

That depends, do they want to be French?

As theres been a north african community there since before the 1st world war, I'd imagine so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

He's about 3 decades too late,France has over 5 million Muslims and there is feckall integration.
    Nobodys fault but their own,those colonies came back to bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

France seems to have got all the ****e immigrants, we're lucky, we seem to have got all the great immigrants who just narrowly missed being Ms Poland and have 6 degrees each, yet fit 18 hours works into a 8 hour day and are the nicest people you'd ever meet.

On the rare 4 hour break they take on a Sunday morning, they also heal the sick and raise the dead.

Unlike those lazy bastard Irish, I've never met one who has raised anyone from the grave, even when we had full employment.

Posted this in a previous AH thread a while back..........

When my beloved grandmother passed away.....early one December, as her eldest granddaughter (and very close to her indeed :-) I was expected to do the whole rose into the grave....no bother, it was my honour....however I was recovering from a broken foot and I was in one of those old graveyards that are all uneven and you must climb over graves (as best you can) to get to your own plot. I thought of this but dismissed it as our family plot is very nearly on the pathway....so I struggled there with a big cast on me left foot and as I leaned forward to sadly say my final farewell...my brother, behind me, slipped bumped into me and away I went head first, crutch and all on top of Granny [

Handicapped as I was, I was of no help to myself in getting out and in the end it took 4 lads and about 10 minutes to haul me out So there I am face down in the hole, sniggering to be clearly heard above me......People had to go home and change their underwear after that funeral!! [/I] [/I]

So yeah I know a few lads who could be described as "Uptakers"!! ;)

As for Sarkozy.......nothing surprising in this, he's simply telling the electorate what they want to hear!!

• Advertisement

no . i was saying that if i arrived on holiday in Saudi Arabia and a good proportion of the people were French ,and i wanted to experience a Muslim culture i would be disappointed , visually only , not on their nationality

like going to Greece and being surrounded by bastardy drunk Danish people for 2 weeks - does not make for a Greek holiday really does it ,

same applies to my statement

As theres been a north african community there since before the 1st world war, I'd imagine so.

You imagine so? Well, that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

no . i was saying that if i arrived on holiday in Saudi Arabia and a good proportion of the people were French ,and i wanted to experience a Muslim culture i would be disappointed , visually only , not on their nationality

...so because they "look" like muslims (however that might occur) its not like France to you and they can't be culturally French....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

This is very interesting to me. I was in Paris and the weekend. First thing that struck me was the amount of Muslims. I thought I was in Algeria or Saudi Arabia or somewhere. Not that thats a bad thing.

Try Birmingham, Thought I was in the Punjab.

...so because they "look" like muslims (however that might occur) its not like France to you and they can't be culturally French....

Maybe he's like you, and he imagines what he'd like to see.

Also enlighten us, what parts of French and Muslim culture are synonymous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

and???

Can you recommend a good steam cleaner for bathroom tiles?

oh FFS

listen if i showed you a picture of a woman in a full Muslim dress and asked you to name what country she came from you would answer France ??
    thats the first country that would come into your head ?? really ......

the guy said he went to Paris on holiday and saw loads of muslins and felt like he was in north Africa or Saudi Arabia , then he said not that there is a problem with that , granted .... but i replied it is if you wanted to go to Paris

he wanted to go to Paris and felt like he was in north Africa ,

i said that was a pisser seeing he wanted to go to France

ta da .... it was a attempt at humour - sorry ya missed it

Maybe he's like you, and he imagines what he'd like to see.

Also enlighten us, what parts of French and Muslim culture are synonymous?

I wasn't aware that certain religions excluded one from being a part of a country. Not this side of the 20th century at least.

Which specific "muslim culture" are you referring to, as theres a few?

Or, if you're going to have a big whinge about "de muslims takin over"/incompatible with Western culture nonsense, you might drop the foreplay and get down to the main event. Either is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

Obviously you have never lived in France and I will have to enlighten you a bit.
    Go to a public pool,must wear speedos to discourage Muslims wearing their garments in the pool.
    Public schools are completely getthoised, as the French don't want to send their kids to a school dominated by Muslim kids.
    Suburbs are destroyed in the large cities as complete no go areas as they do not want to embrace the French culture and prefer to form micro communities in high rise apartments at the expense of the taxpayer.
    Muslims in France are either North African or from the firmer colonies and they despise the French culture,during any football qualifiers the amount if Algerian flags along the Champs Élysées with youths swinging from cars and shouting abuse at passers by is just the right cultural experience you would delight to see as a tourist strolling hand in hand with your good lady.

Advertisement