Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Fantasy Sports Arena Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Here Kev, save you from having to look at my fixture.

I'm out!

Macker1 - ID 2362 53 v 50 S.M.B. - ID 87679

Unlucky............ My Sub Moses came on to part the Red Sea....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

manual_man wrote: »
    I want my wooden spoon prize!!

:(

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTis4zCrmBE4vs7RH7hOj5ZTfsEo4Qu65VBi5QMUQEFMxIt2xsY5w

Sold Silva on my cup team,reckoned it was a risk worth taking,got Walcott in for him....

VORM
    SIMPSON-EVANS-SKRTEL

VALENCIA--BALE--SIGGY--WALCOTT

CISSE--ROONEY--RVP

Unsure who to captain just yet.......also have Taylor on bench so may gamble on Swansea clean sheet and play him as well as Vorm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    I want my wooden spoon prize!!

:(

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTis4zCrmBE4vs7RH7hOj5ZTfsEo4Qu65VBi5QMUQEFMxIt2xsY5w

Winner of the inaugural fpl cup wooden spoon prize. I'm lost for words :)

I'd like to thank Pavel Progrebnyak, my captain, for a useless 2 points, Stephen Kelly, for some horrendous defending, and Jonathan Evans, for failing to come off the bench when I asked him too. I apologize if I've left anyone out. I'm feeling a bit emotional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Round 2 draw

grohlisagod - ID 20430 v froog - ID 227
    Jimmy Iovine - ID 6758 v Fowler87 - ID 1348
    rosskind - ID 1430 v Carlcon - ID 53870
    Axwell - ID 164052 v dahat - ID 2478130
    Liam O - ID 26461 v Weetabix - ID 786792
    massdebater - ID 3876 v Sasquatch76 - ID 60
    Maverick91 - ID 3363 v Munster Magic - ID 53948
    Macker1 - ID 2362 v Lemlin - ID 186379

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Round 2 draw

grohlisagod - ID 20430 v froog - ID 227
    Jimmy Iovine - ID 6758 v Fowler87 - ID 1348
    rosskind - ID 1430 v Carlcon - ID 53870
    Axwell - ID 164052 v dahat - ID 2478130
    Liam O - ID 26461 v Weetabix - ID 786792
    massdebater - ID 3876 v Sasquatch76 - ID 60
    Maverick91 - ID 3363 v Munster Magic - ID 53948
    Macker1 - ID 2362 v Lemlin - ID 186379

I was looking for a home tie but pretty confident of coming through,captain choice will be crucial here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I was looking for a home tie but pretty confident of coming through,captain choice will be crucial here

That it will..cmon Rooney! ;)

Axwell wrote: »
    That it will..cmon Rooney! ;)

Failure looms...........

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Failure looms...........
    Thanks to Cisse, maybe not!

Axwell wrote: »
    Thanks to Cisse, maybe not!

Slight air of confidence returns,Valencia might just swing it for me tomorrow night.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Haha, just looked at my opponent. Has McClean and Holt, and captained Young. I'm conceding defeat and cheering them on, because if Young shines tomorrow and Rooney doesn't do much, then I'm gonna storm ahead in the Boards league and my money league.

May the odds be in your favour, rosskind!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

In my game I have a 3 point lead. Both of us have Evans and Rooney left. It's just a shoot out between Young for me and Valencia for him. It could all be wrapped up around 7.30 when the team is announced. I hope to god that Young starts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

In my game I have a 3 point lead. Both of us have Evans and Rooney left. It's just a shoot out between Young for me and Valencia for him. It could all be wrapped up around 7.30 when the team is announced. I hope to god that Young starts this week.
    Hmm mite throw a few quid on young to score then. Win win then!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Balls. Think I'm finally out of the main FF Cup. He's got 36 vs my 29

Me: Rooney, Valencia + Evans
    Him: Dempsey, Evra

Is another Evans goal too much to ask for!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

roryc wrote: »
    Balls. Think I'm finally out of the main FF Cup. He's got 36 vs my 29

Me: Rooney, Valencia + Evans
    Him: Dempsey, Evra

Is another Evans goal too much to ask for!

I still think you'll go through, a goal from Rooney or Valencia and you'll be laughing!! I can't see Dempsey getting more than 2 & Evans and Evra cancel each other out (pretty much), so that leaves you with Rooney and Valencia to destroy an off form Fulham tonight :)

Well seeing as a lot of rivals (including 4th place in boards league) have Rooney as captain, I'd prefer to see the points coming from Valencia! A single goal from him and everyone else having a quiet game should be enough to see me through...

Will accept a Rooney goal though if it gets me a win :)

Well seeing as a lot of rivals (including 4th place in boards league) have Rooney as captain, I'd prefer to see the points coming from Valencia! A single goal from him and everyone else having a quiet game should be enough to see me through...

Will accept a Rooney goal though if it gets me a win :)

Much the same as my FSA cup team!!!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Going out due to Rooney (C) bonus points. Its a tie if he gets none. Highly unlikely! Fair play froog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Neck and neck between myself and Sasquatch. Both on 52 points atm. I have 1 point to come off the bench and potential bonus to come for Rooney, Jevans or Valencia. He has potential bonus to come from (c) Rooney but no other players. If it's a draw, I'll go through cause my captain got less than his. 2 BPs between Jevans and Val and I'm through!

BOOM. Barring some massive disaster with the BP's I scrape through in the cup again! Down to last 256 now I think.

Thank you J. Evans...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

BOOM. Barring some massive disaster with the BP's I scrape through in the cup again! Down to last 256 now I think.

Thank you J. Evans...

Oh yee of little faith!! :)

Tough break Froog. No Bonus for Rooney so I go through on transfers made.

Will stick up the scores later this evening folks, have to go to a residents meeting now.

Round 2 results

grohlisagod - ID 20430 v froog - ID 227 39 -39
    Jimmy Iovine - ID 6758 v Fowler87 - ID 1348 51 - 49
    rosskind - ID 1430 v Carlcon - ID 53870 56 - 52
    Axwell - ID 164052 v dahat - ID 2478130 60 - 57
    Liam O - ID 26461 v Weetabix - ID 786792 73 - 43
    massdebater - ID 3876 v Sasquatch76 - ID 60 56 - 52
    Maverick91 - ID 3363 v Munster Magic - ID 53948 47 - 39
    Macker1 - ID 2362 v Lemlin - ID 186379 36 - 44

Will leave these here till Thursday in case anyone wants to dispute any errors I may have made, draw for the Quarter Finals will happen Thursday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wow, forgot I signed up to this :D Have been staying consistent these last couple of weeks and was up to 12th in Ireland there before the United game (I dropped 5 places after despite having Rooney and Evans which sucked but leaves me in a good position for next week.

I'm coming for ye :) (not really, most of my players are away next week and I'll probably be KOed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Round 2 results

grohlisagod - ID 20430 v froog - ID 227 39 -39
    Jimmy Iovine - ID 6758 v Fowler87 - ID 1348 51 - 49
    rosskind - ID 1430 v Carlcon - ID 53870 56 - 52
    Axwell - ID 164052 v dahat - ID 2478130 60 - 57
    Liam O - ID 26461 v Weetabix - ID 786792 73 - 43
    massdebater - ID 3876 v Sasquatch76 - ID 60 56 - 52
    Maverick91 - ID 3363 v Munster Magic - ID 53948 47 - 39
    Macker1 - ID 2362 v Lemlin - ID 186379 36 - 44

Will leave these here till Thursday in case anyone wants to dispute any errors I may have made, draw for the Quarter Finals will happen Thursday evening

Didn't expect to get through again considering I had a poor enough weekend but delighted to be through to the next round.

Didn't someone mention at the start that this was twenty a head? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Would only have beaten 4 of the other 15 players so can't really complain about coming up against the person with the top score for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Ouch, dahat gets knocked out with the third highest score (57) while grohl gets through with the second lowest score (39).

Ouch, dahat gets knocked out with the third highest score (57) while grohl gets through with the second lowest score (39).

That's the nature of H2H competition. I got very lucky though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That's the nature of H2H competition. I got very lucky though.

I've grown to hate H2H leagues with a passion. I'm doing the boards one and I'm coming 25th out of 50 entries.

If it was points based then I'd be second to Carlcon. There's one guy ahead of me that is 300 points behind me usually. Somehow he has one more win than me.

I can't see myself moving from this position. I lost my last game by one point. If I'd gotten him the week before I'd have beaten him handily.

Too much luck involved imo. I definitely wouldn't be paying to enter one anyway.

Having said all that I'm looking forward to the draw tomorrow morning for the FSA Cup. Hopefully I get a good match-up with a few of the big names already knocked out.

Advertisement