Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazyl Pc in Ireland

Options
  • 02-03-2012 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

I just got a call from the local ragg asking me to reword my advert for an old moped I am selling on behalf of my mother.
    The advert went basically" black Honda 80 for sale,runs well 1998 model original black paint work with low milage,all offers considered phone #########".
    She informed me they are not able to print it with the word black so prevalent as it may offend and could I choose a different word or omit black.
    I pulled the add and will stick it up on adverts but I would never have thought about an add for a moped being racist,this is getting ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Isn't Honda Japanese?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

change it to African American moped for sale for the laugh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Change it to 'very very very very very dark blue'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I thought black was the PC term as opposed to using the word "coloured" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I just got a call from the local ragg asking me to reword my advert for an old moped I am selling on behalf of my mother.
    The advert went basically" black Honda 80 for sale,runs well 1998 model original black paint work with low milage,all offers considered phone #########".
    She informed me they are not able to print it with the word black so prevalent as it may offend and could I choose a different word or omit black.
    I pulled the add and will stick it up on adverts but I would never have thought about an add for a moped being racist,this is getting ridiculous.

Bollocks!!! That's not PC, that's just her being a f***ing fool!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

krudler wrote: »
    change it to African American moped for sale for the laugh

He can't as they're left hand drive moped's!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Take out the 80 as well. It is ageist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Must not say it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Ring her back and ask if its ok if you change it to Bro'-ped for Sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

I have to say I was flabbergasted after the call,what a joke if this is the way were heading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Put down "Non white, blue, red, orange, green, brown, purple, pink, beige, yellow etc Honda for sale"

Might cost you a fortune in words mind given the amount of colours there are!

Or else say, "Honda that would be worth 7 points in snooker for sale" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

What an absolute CROCK OF SH1TE!!!!

Are ya serious???

Ya just couldn't make that up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Perhaps it's one of your mates winding you up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I BELIEVE THIS ANECDOTE WHOLEHEARTEDLY. IT HAS THE RING OF TRUTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Angeles

Ahh here, you're taking the piss?
    either that or she needs to be blasted with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Perhaps it's one of your mates winding you up?
    This.

I really can't believe that's for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Jesus wept..

I think the only solution is that in order to avoid offending the more sensitive (idiotic) little souls amongst us, we need to just stop using words. All of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Over in motorbike forum one night we were discussing our bikes and someone complained over us saying saying Jap

What's wrong with Jap? :confused:

A Honda is a Jap bike

Unlike the OP's story, this one is actually true

Just re-word as "the bike thats a certain colour that the magazine in which this ad is placed will not allow me to name for fear of offending an ethnic minority"

I have to say I was flabbergasted after the call,what a joke if this is the way were heading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Did she suggest what you might replace "black" with?

She was being profoundly stupid, though I think such cases are the exception rather than the rule.

*blue text used to avoid offence, except to Fine Gael blueshirts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

A black Honda PC killed your Mother?

We've already arrived there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Over in motorbike forum one night we were discussing our bikes and someone complained over us saying saying Jap

What's wrong with Jap? :confused:

A Honda is a Jap bike

Unlike the OP's story, this one is actually true

Maybe that was one I was involved in too.

I once referred to a 'Jap bike' on boards.ie and someone near took the head off me!.

What was the "local rag"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Just change it to slave for sale. Its less words saves money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

I call shenanigans.

It Wasn't a mate winding me up as I never told them I was selling it,they would have been devastated if they knew I was selling it as the ole bike gave us many a laugh sneaking it out for a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Just re-word as "the bike thats a certain colour that the magazine in which this ad is placed will not allow me to name for fear of offending an ethnic minority"

Oooh, you can't call them a minority, that's implying inferiority.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

It Wasn't a mate winding me up as I never told them I was selling it,they would have been devastated if they knew I was selling it as the ole bike gave us many a laugh sneaking it out for a bit of fun.

What is the name of the "local rag"?

Advertisement