Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Tree

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Robin 2012

Hi Shane,
    Thomas father occupation on the wedding cert is Labourer (patrick Smyth)

I seen that census I id would say it is them by looking at the infromation on it.

Robin

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rubob

Shrubs house was located where Atlantic homecare is today on the Clonshaugh RD. behind Northside shopping centre.
    This area was known as shrubs hill and the bridge over the river here, was known as shrubs bridge.
    the area was also known as the four roads.
    where their was a crossroads before Northside shopping centre was built
    its about a mile west of coolock village.
    id say your grandparents lived in one of the lodges associated with this house

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Robin 2012

does anyone know of a historian in the coolock area or of a book about the area?

Thank you for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 13 desmondo8477

Hi
    Just saw this post today

There is a book "Green Fields gone Forever" The story of the Coolock and Artaine Area by Douglas S. Appleyard.

My name is Desmond Kelly and my relations were the Coolock blacksmiths. The forge was at the side of the BOI.

Advertisement