Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 2nd. March 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

telekon wrote: »
    Aren't you bored reading this thread every week? You seem to know what is said, so you obviously spend plenty of your spare time trawling through it, fuming away at people having bit of a laugh. Good luck with that. :rolleyes:
    The thread is misleading it should be changed to "criticism of the late late show". Then i woudnt revisit it..If you find the same thing funny week in week out fine. maybe im just being grumpy

And your contribution to this thread is?????? Apart from criticizing
    Isnt that what the whole thread is about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

risteard7 wrote: »
    telekon wrote: »
    Aren't you bored reading this thread every week? You seem to know what is said, so you obviously spend plenty of your spare time trawling through it, fuming away at people having bit of a laugh. Good luck with that. :rolleyes:
    The thread is misleading it should be changed to "criticism of the late late show". Then i woudnt revisit it..If you find the same thing funny week in week out fine. maybe im just being grumpy

Yes maybe...
    I find it hylarious.

Ps. Pop quiz for you! What's a DLB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Isnt that what the whole thread is about?

Not really Ryan

amdublin wrote: »
    Yes maybe...
    I find it hylarious.

Ps. Pop quiz for you! What's a DLB?
    Its a nickname for tubs? Rhys Ifans said it i think "Dainty little bugger"
    Am i one too:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Lets just analyse your post ...

You want the title changed to 'criticism of the late late show' . Snappy. Presumably there would be also be a 'Friday Night Love for Tubs' thread for people like yourself

'Then i woudnt revisit it' - what, do you come along every week thinking just once it's going to be a happy happy sunshine shake of positivity?

ryan-tubridy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Had a quick look at the lineup and went to the off license to improve the quality of the show significantly..

polish-beer-bottle-karpackie.jpgX 20

Karpackie have their work cut out for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Its not all criticism actually. If something genuinely good or entertaining happens on the show, people on here are very quick to point it out in all fairness.

The fact that this happens so rarely nowadays is a reflection on the quality of the LLS and its host, not on the people who post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ain't heard much from jimmynokia around these parts recently. What's the dillio?

Ain't heard much from jimmynokia around these parts recently. What's the dillio?

He's usually spends his Friday nights in the grassly knoll outside RTE studios, ostensibly waiting for an autograph from Ryan Tubridy..

• Advertisement

Sounds like Anne Gildea will be on. She is a Comedian who has a show next week about her struggle with Cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

While I'd disagree with risteard7 regarding the collective running commentary on the Late Late, I think certain posters engaged in a grubby pursuit of the host - where valid criticism had been kicked to touch in favour of some obsessive vendetta.

Read here from post #2564 onwards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056005823&page=65

• Registered Users Posts: 71,683 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

In response to risteard7's post, criticism (good or bad) is to be expected in such a high-profile job. I always find this thread highly amusing for what people have posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Skid wrote: »
    Sounds like Anne Gildea will be on. She is a Comedian who has a show next week about her struggle with Cancer.

Sounds hilarious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Skid wrote: »

Was jimmynokia ghiread??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Is this thread not getting a bit boring now? Criticizing the audience week
    in week out..same old jokes as raiding the canteen,this is boring,falling asleep. When will the audience be good enough?

It's a different thread every week, this thread might be boring but we cannot say until after the show has ended.

The audience are irrelevant but have the potential to improve, DLB will not get any better.

Stay tuned.

amdublin wrote: »
    Was jimmynokia ghiread??? :eek:

I don't follow you, am, to be honest.

All I know is he hasn't posted here in ages, and he wants everyone to know it.

And the last time he was here doesn't count, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Graham Norton is joined by John Cusack, Goldie Hawn, Marcus Brigstocke and Kasabian on tonight's show

I reckon the celebs give RTE a lame excuse for not appearing on the LLS
    "Not tonight im washing my hair DLB" :D

People just dont get it.. The purpose of the thread is not to be positive OR negative.. The purpose of the thread is to be ENTERTAINING in lieu of Ryan Tubridy's show..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Lets see who they raided from the canteen this week:D

People just dont get it.. The purpose of the thread is not to be positive OR negative.. The purpose of the thread is to be ENTERTAINING in lieu of Ryan Tubridy's show..

The purpose of the thread is to entertain each other and have a laugh while criticising dlb and his guests.:pac:

Evening everyone.

:eek:Strobe lighting effects * ducks under couch*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Niall Quinn is no longer at Sunderland

"With strobe lighting effects, it's The Late Late Show"..

Well I spose at least if I had a seizure, it would probably be the most entertaining Friday night Tubridy gave me in a while.

Niall Quinn is going to talk about how he suffered depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

She's not a "star", she's not relevant. Why is the LLS giving nobodies constant airtime, its embarrassing. :mad:

The state of her:rolleyes:

To much hair ffs, cut it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

A for Gods sake can he not even get the name of the programme right.

Advertisement