Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes: Ascend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    Ok game, far too many times when its just a huge bunnyhopping spam or should i say ski/rocket jumping spam.

That's the fun part! I'll take tribes bunny hoping which makes sence over any moder shooter bunny hopping.

It's still something awesome when you are chasing someone at 200km/h and not even watching where you going, because you are to busy dogfighting with someone on your left 20 meters away.
    So far only tribes makes me go: " oh ****!!!! That's was a shot and a half!!!! " I need one more hdd for recording :(. I had so many epic kills.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magill wrote: »
    ... say what ? lol.

Just not my cup of tea is all, thats what.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Enjoy this enough to maybe put some money on it, tribes 2 was the first game i played online.

How much money have people put into this so far, i keep being fixated on the VIP xp bar you can see and.

what did you buy if you did get some gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

bought one of the parks, that came with a 30day booster

unlocked all the classes initially, and a couple of weapons here and there. Regret some of the purchases though - theyve since come out with new stuff, that I would have much prefered to have unlocked... c'est la vie

Varik wrote: »
    Enjoy this enough to maybe put some money on it, tribes 2 was the first game i played online.

How much money have people put into this so far, i keep being fixated on the VIP xp bar you can see and.

what did you buy if you did get some gold.

i payed once that 7.99£ when i started. so i just bough few items just to start off as i really enjoyed game and i felt like givinf something to developer. now i bought that 23£ ( i think ) pack. which gives 3k gold and 30 days xp boost. still got 3300 gold and havent spent it as i am making the best out of XP boost.
    Vip gives a nice little bit of xp which is nice and double XP makes a huge difference. i already bought 1 100k weapon and i am on 88k already in less then 6 days by just playing a few matches every day. with xp boost and vip first win of the day in team death match gives me 4.5k xp. then around 700-1000xp per match of team death match.
    i will keep gold for somnethin i really want and i dont really want to spend it now as XP is going up very damn fast with boost.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I installed this last night. Hopefully I'll get to try it out tonight. It looks very interesting!

5uspect wrote: »
    I installed this last night. Hopefully I'll get to try it out tonight. It looks very interesting!

It's a good game, but you need to be patient in beggining, before you learn all ins and outs. You will get to the stage where you will know 2-3 seconds before hand that you majorly ****ed up and will be dead. :)

i payed once that 7.99£ when i started. so i just bough few items just to start off as i really enjoyed game and i felt like givinf something to developer. now i bought that 23£ ( i think ) pack. which gives 3k gold and 30 days xp boost. still got 3300 gold and havent spent it as i am making the best out of XP boost.
    Vip gives a nice little bit of xp which is nice and double XP makes a huge difference. i already bought 1 100k weapon and i am on 88k already in less then 6 days by just playing a few matches every day. with xp boost and vip first win of the day in team death match gives me 4.5k xp. then around 700-1000xp per match of team death match.
    i will keep gold for somnethin i really want and i dont really want to spend it now as XP is going up very damn fast with boost.

Got the 3k one just there, only have 700 left but will likely leave that along as there's nothing i want any more that badly.

All the minor stuff i can now buy after a match and the things i did spend the gold on were the 100k stuff like the heavy bolt launcher for the doombringer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah I'm ****e at it but I'm still hooked. Excellent game.

Got the 3k one just there, only have 700 left but will likely leave that along as there's nothing i want any more that badly.

All the minor stuff i can now buy after a match and the things i did spend the gold on were the 100k stuff like the heavy bolt launcher for the doombringer.

thats what i am saving for now! heavy bolt launcher! i love pathfinder and bolt launcher. i wasted my first 100k on path finders assault rifle :( i did not realised it is burst fire! complete crap :(

95k xp now, so 5k more for my heavy bolt launcher hihi! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Favourite class so far is raider, getting inside the enemy base and fcuking **** up!

joshrogan wrote: »
    Favourite class so far is raider, getting inside the enemy base and fcuking **** up!

are you one of those plasma gun bastards!? :D

are you one of those plasma gun bastards!? :D

I am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

btw plasma rifle is a fecking noob tube by cod standartsx10 :mad: .

If thats the noobtube equivalent, it goes to show that the skill ceiling is way higher in this game.

Grimebox wrote: »
    If thats the noobtube equivalent, it goes to show that the skill ceiling is way higher in this game.

Well it's more of the saying, but still, that weapon is just joke. Try to be a heavy class vs raider with plasma gun. Good luck to ya!

Still, I finnaly unlocked heavy bold launcher and bought mines, now I love ctf too :D. Really satisfying to defend flag or generator now, because I can do some proper defending! Still need to get use to heavy class, because I have clocked in around 23 hours out of 25 hours of my time with path finder :)

Still, I finnaly unlocked heavy bold launcher and bought mines, now I love ctf too :D. Really satisfying to defend flag or generator now, because I can do some proper defending! Still need to get use to heavy class, because I have clocked in around 23 hours out of 25 hours of my time with path finder :)

Still prefer watching someone hit a shield wall head first.

Still prefer watching someone hit a shield wall head first.

i have to admit, it is really funny to see some pathfinder going all like this:

Had to download a patch which has changed the plasma gun a bit.

what's the best way to deal with stealth, is there a pack/perk to counter it.

depends who you are, if you got a machine gun type gun, then just spread a bit. if you wont hit them, there is a big chance they will panic and think that you can see them. even as pathfinder or doombringer i randomly shoot around with bolts just to check out, ussually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

the jammer snipers have, and (I think) raiders can unlock, also breaks enemy stealth in their effective areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

As Wossack said, the Raider belt unlockable, or the Sniper jammer, both break stealth.

As does taking damage, so a quick spray around you helps.

I'll try that out, the energy shield is not that useful as it's usually better to be in the air rather that have a bit of a shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Was introduced to this by a friend, it's a lot of fun!

Username is Adeyrn

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Got this game when it came out was on some of the betas, is realy good fun and alot better then bf3 and cod and its clones. Has a very PC feel and nonconsole style to it which I really like. But like all online shooter games when you have a bad game or lose alot you hate it, but wins and good games = gameoftheyear, just the way it is :P

The plasma gun update was a joke that whole pack is daftly OP but hirez already said they donemessed up and are gona fix it.

Play mostly inf now since i got jackel I tend to kill alot and get some very good scores but I die alot tend to be a bit suicidle so its all good, Im not vexing anyone to much cause they tend to always get an aftermath or assist on me after they die :D
    Jackel is due for a nerf which I prob cant argue with, not so much that it isnt OP more the inf is the weakest class in the game and even the best ones die alot more then any class bar maybe stubborn pathys in most games if they are doing teamwork and stickies selfkill as much as they kill enemies so might not be as OP as people think, imo

If i had my way everyone who uses the jackal and stealth would be killed.

moving thought the larger bases to try and defend or repair the generator and suddenly pew pew pew and i'm dead, not even enough time to turn.

Maybe (almost certainly!) it's just me, but a radius increase upgrade on stickies for Infiltrator is just an invitation to suicide.

Seems to be some serious server issues today - lagging and dropping repeatedly

oh i love CTF now, when i got my doombringer pimped out! just had a gave 5-4 we won. i had 18 kills 2 deaths and **** truck loads of assists :d

2 screens up, supply depo near by. mines around :D

i love when you go put a few mines and just get a kill, like wtf? what did i do? then you realise that path finder just went at full speed in to your screen and jumped on the mine just behind your back :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gave this time over the weekend and really starting to appreciate it.
    I disliked it initially but i blame the fact i didnt put time into it.
    It really does feel like a shiney new tribes which is perfect for this type of game, now to find me a decent class for my mediocre skill level :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Playing Raider with the new weapons, Plasma gun and the rifle. Both are great. Jammer pack is a must for me, getting into generator rooms covered in sentry's that TCN's think have it covered is priceless. Need to get points for destroying enemy sentry's even if its only 25 or 50 since I like to clean them up once then gen's down..

Advertisement