Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

They said if he falls from a great height like off the top of a sky scraper, will auto web away but yeah, I saw a vid where he jumped off a small building and landed with a thud so not so bad.

SM 2 had 2 triggers for left and right arm swinging and you could only web to buildings, poles, etc so you had to know where you were aiming your web which made the web swinging very rewarding as opposed to keeping tapping a button to swing from a cloud. I read before though that you won't be able to swing over Central Park so the cloud swinging can only be done in the city. I'd say the devs just want you to mostly use web rush as they are making a big push on it.

A dev walkthrough vid, looks really class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Can't believe how soon this is to coming out. The only thing I'm a little worried about (as far as I can see) is possible repetition in the side missions. The locomotion on spidey looks great though, as does the overall aesthetic.

Has anyone preordered?

I checked with Gamesnash about preordering but they said it is around 53.99 to get it on release day (higher price from the distributors) or will be cheaper around a week after. I kind of want it on release day but haven't heard of any pre-order deals. It's weird how there are no posters or advertising (that I can see) for it and it's out in 2 weeks!

• Advertisement

Can't believe how soon this is to coming out. The only thing I'm a little worried about (as far as I can see) is possible repetition in the side missions. The locomotion on spidey looks great though, as does the overall aesthetic.

Has anyone preordered?
    I think the repetition wont be as noticable though as we're looking to have a large number of villains who'll we be facing in different scenarios. As well as having Bruce Campell's role providing us with challenges from his blimp. Looks great so far, return of the free roam :)

I've preordered a few weeks back in gamestop, sadly the rhino and stan lee dlcs seem to only be for north america so far :/
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I checked with Gamesnash about preordering but they said it is around 53.99 to get it on release day (higher price from the distributors) or will be cheaper around a week after. I kind of want it on release day but haven't heard of any pre-order deals. It's weird how there are no posters or advertising (that I can see) for it and it's out in 2 weeks!

There has not been a shred of advertising for the game here, its a real shame...you have to actively heavily search the preorder menu on gamestops website to actually find it.

Same with the movie really, the tv spots only started a few days ago here yet been out in other countries for weeks/months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

It's hard to tell from videos whether it'll be as good as spider-man 2 or as bad as spider-man 3

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweded

Yea, this one has actually has an awesome graphics, soo itching to play this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

al28283 wrote: »
    It's hard to tell from videos whether it'll be as good as spider-man 2 or as bad as spider-man 3
    Was spiderman 3 really that bad tho? I remember giving it a go again a couple of months ago and it was ok. It was better than the movie alright

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

• Advertisement

That is ****ing epic!! ' i'm so gonna tweet about this' haha I need this dlc!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Notorioux wrote: »

Screw that, I wanna play as Stephen Colbert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

The music in the Op is creepy! I love spider man too much to miss this game, once I go see the movie I will be running to the closest gamestop to pick it up I can tell!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hooch is crazy!.....I mean Stan Lee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I think this is gonna be a 'wait and see' purchase from me. Cautiously optomistic though!

So, Stan Lee is pre order DLC on amazon.com but if you go to amazon.co.uk, Rhino is the preorder dlc.

soooooo where can you get stan lee dlc in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So, Stan Lee is pre order DLC on amazon.com but if you go to amazon.co.uk, Rhino is the preorder dlc.

soooooo where can you get stan lee dlc in Ireland?
    As far as I can tell, it's only available in the states from Amazon. Everywhere else you get the Rhino DLC. And you only get DLC on Xbox and PS3.

humanji wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, it's only available in the states from Amazon. Everywhere else you get the Rhino DLC. And you only get DLC on Xbox and PS3.
    But there has been rumours that in august which will be spidey's fiftieth birthday then there will be a pile of dlc to get. so i imagine stan lee will be released to us before then

ah well, it looks like a lot of fun anyway, dlc I actually wouldn't mind paying for as long as the price is right.

NEW UNLOCKABLE COSTUME ANNOUNCED
    550578_10150873406889599_1751572667_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Looks like he spilled a curry all over himself on the way home from a night out.

Someone got the game early and has uploaded the first 25 mins of it. Recording quality isnt amazing but the game itself looks fantastic

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS

Does anyone know if the game is gonna have spoilers from the movie?
    Since its set days after the movie, will it give some of the plot and stuff? I really wanna get this game as soon as its out, but i think i'll wait to watch the movie first, just in case :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Since its set days after the movie, will it give some of the plot and stuff? I really wanna get this game as soon as its out, but i think i'll wait to watch the movie first, just in case :confused:

Yup, it will spoil the movie.

Yup, it will spoil the movie.

Is the game out the same weekend as the movie here?

Is the game out the same weekend as the movie here?

The movie is out on the 3 of July according to IMdb and the game 26 of June, next week!

Dunno why they didnt do it the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I remember when they did the same with the two Lord of the Rings PS2 games. Ruined Return of the King for me....

I'm sure I read before that beenox said the game wouldnt wreck the film, still strange its getting released before the film tho

Other than a slight spoiler at the start i imagine we're pretty safe

• Advertisement

I'm sure I read before that beenox said the game wouldnt wreck the film, still strange its getting released before the film tho
    jpcarlow wrote: »
    Other than a slight spoiler at the start i imagine we're pretty safe

I dunno, I was reading Game Informer and they had a article on the game and were chatting with Beenox, who said the game will include spoilers relating to the movie. They didn't say to what extent mind you. I'll check tomorrow again sure.

Advertisement