Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Lads, did any of ye play Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time, Web of Shadows? I skipped all of these as none really looked like SM 2. Are they any good?

I played Shattered Dimensions. It was alright, but was way too linear. Didn't take long to finish it either. I wouldn't go out of my way to play it again. Edge of Time is supposedly pretty similar, though a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, was worried about them being a bit linear. Web of Shadows is spose
    to be the closest to open world but got bad reviews.

How about Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2? After seeing The Avengers film at the weekend, I'm mad for a marvel game to lash into :)

Marvel UA2 is good, but I thought Marvel UA1 was actually better. Better playable characters, better story, more varied. Can't really go wrong with either of them though I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Lads, did any of ye play Shattered Dimensions, Edge of Time, Web of Shadows? I skipped all of these as none really looked like SM 2. Are they any good?
    IMO Shattered Dimensions is better than Edge Of Time

The highlight for me was the inclusion of the noir dimension.

However i think we have the chance of seeing something truly great with the new game

Suprising how there was no Avengers game

Thanks Penn, Ya I was reading MUA 1 was better than 2. 2 sounds class that it has the Civil War story tho. Must keep a look out tho as i'm sure MUA 1 could be picked up cheap.

Ya JP, strange there was no avengers game when they had cap, iron man, etc games. Prob would have been crap anyway tho :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Penn, Ya I was reading MUA 1 was better than 2. 2 sounds class that it has the Civil War story tho. Must keep a look out tho as i'm sure MUA 1 could be picked up cheap.

Ya JP, strange there was no avengers game when they had cap, iron man, etc games. Prob would have been crap anyway tho :)
    There was a trailer i think for one being made by a company but then they pulled out, looked good

The Civil War story was great in the comics (in my opinion, though I do recognise its flaws), but gameplay-wise it meant about a quarter of the storyline characters were locked depending on which side you chose.
    jpcarlow wrote: »
    Suprising how there was no Avengers game

I'd say it was just the way each character would play so differently that caused problems. Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye could be similar enough (aim/shoot/fight), but then throwing in Iron Man, Thor and especially Hulk, the mechanics of working it out to make it playable (given how poor the individual games were) just meant that it probably wasn't really worth it.

Just read it was being made by THQ (no wonder it got cancelled with their money problems) and it was a 1st person shooter/brawler, sounded refreshing for a Marvel game.

Just found a vid, def looked interesting

Just read it was being made by THQ (no wonder it got cancelled with their money problems) and it was a 1st person shooter/brawler, sounded refreshing for a Marvel game.

Just found a vid, def looked interesting

that would've kicked ass on the kinnect

Good news/ bad news time..

Good News - You can play as Stan Lee!!!!

Bad News - You have to preorder at amazon. I'm sick to death of these pre order bonuses!

xlarge.jpg

• Advertisement

Good news/ bad news time..

Good News - You can play as Stan Lee!!!!

Bad News - You have to preorder at amazon. I'm sick to death of these pre order bonuses!

xlarge.jpg
    It's a timed mission too :/

You can also play as rhino if you preorder from Gamestop apparently, though it has only been confirmed for N. America thus far

Also no collectors edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'd love to play through the entire game as Stan Lee. :D

4fb181ee6312a.jpg
    4fb1816783534.jpg
    4fb2a6e9b1e28.jpg
    4fb18145f1d89.jpg
    4fb181888e500.jpg
    4fb181c4c745e.jpg

What a brilliant idea have actual digital comics as unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I loved collecting the comics in the PSone Spidey games. I'm getting really excited about Amazing now!

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/making-of/0004/00042597/the-amazing-spider-man-playstation-3-ps3-le-pouvoir-de-la-toile-00000867.htm

a behind the scenes vid on web rush

we're getting a trailer within the next 24 hours. i'll update when i get my hands on it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That looks like a lot of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Looks good. I hope you can pull the camera out a bit though. It's too close to spidey for my liking in that video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

so its open world ? , boo yeah :D.. looks great hopefully i be like spiderman 2 fun , could spend hours just swinging and **** :D

so its open world ? , boo yeah :D.. looks great hopefully i be like spiderman 2 fun , could spend hours just swinging and **** :D
    hellz yes
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Looks good. I hope you can pull the camera out a bit though. It's too close to spidey for my liking in that video.
    as far as i know yuou can by using one of the directional controls (which one depends on your console)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

whats so good about web rush? It doesnt seem too differenet than the combat in spiderman2

al28283 wrote: »
    whats so good about web rush? It doesnt seem too differenet than the combat in spiderman2
    it's not just for combat, it's designed to make a more realistically moving spider-man, there's almost a countless amount of variatons of it within the game and makes for some fantastic gameplay if the reviews are anything to go by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

jpcarlow wrote: »
    it's not just for combat, it's designed to make a more realistically moving spider-man, there's almost a countless amount of variatons of it within the game and makes for some fantastic gameplay if the reviews are anything to go by

I've read alot about it but it seems to be just hype, it doesnt look any different than what you could do in other games

al28283 wrote: »
    I've read alot about it but it seems to be just hype, it doesnt look any different than what you could do in other games
    tbf it looks fairly different, you were limited to something like 3 aerial actions in SM2

this allows you to interact with the environment to move (bouncing off buses, swinging off flagpoles, sliding thru paths). And that's not even bringing its combat uses into play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is this hitting PC the same day as consoles? I see it listed everywhere but no cover art for the PC version, no pre-orders on Steam, no mention of platforms in trailer etc.

chrislad wrote: »
    Is this hitting PC the same day as consoles? I see it listed everywhere but no cover art for the PC version, no pre-orders on Steam, no mention of platforms in trailer etc.
    I believe it's hitting it a few days after but seeing as we're gonna be 3 days behind the US release date then there's a good chance it could be released on the same day here as the other consoles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

judging by beenox cv i dunno how this is going to turn out , reviewers bashed edge of time but shattered dimensions got decent reviews , suppose its all down to time they had got to work on the game , but this looks amazing (lol) so far .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

judging by beenox cv i dunno how this is going to turn out , reviewers bashed edge of time but shattered dimensions got decent reviews , suppose its all down to time they had got to work on the game , but this looks amazing (lol) so far .

Edge of Time got battered because it was lazy. It was basically half of Shattered Dimensions. Shattered played really well and was only let down by the limitations that the environment put on Spidey, the whole lack of freedom to webswing etc

Advertisement