Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons vs Munster, Sat 3 Mar 6:30pm, Live on S4C/TG4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Looked very forward to me. Poor scramble though and scrappy to give possession. LOD would have been better chasing his man than looking for the call. Munster still well placed and just need to get some calmness and territory. A dominant scrum is worth about 9 points in these sort of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

DDC1990 wrote: »
    8-3

Referee gives a Holding on Penalty, literally 3 seconds after contact.
    Tomás thinks its a Munster penalty and takes a quick tap.
    Ref brings it forward into Kicking Range.

2 terrible refereeing decision give Dragons 8 points.

Are you for real? :rolleyes:

He should have got the forward pass though tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

TOL knew what he was doing. Ref was dead right. It's annoying scrum halves get away with that so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

9-8 Munster, all Munster's kicks have been in relatively easy positions.

bleg wrote: »
    TOL knew what he was doing. Ref was dead right. It's annoying scrum halves get away with that so often.

Absolutely. Surprised it was called to be honest but scrum halves do it all the time knowing full well the penalty is against them. Just a disguised way of not giving the opposition the ball. No scrum half doesn't see which way the penalty is awarded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

danthefan wrote: »
    Are you for real? :rolleyes:

He should have got the forward pass though tbf.
    Yes.

First Penalty shouldn't have been a penalty in the first place. So whatever about bringing it forward for TOL's actions, there was no way Dragons should have got the 3 points.

Then there was at least 1 if not 2 forward passes in the Dragons tries.
    Theres 8 points given to the Dragons by poor refereeing. Is that a detailed enough explaination for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Poor pass from O'Leary there to Jones. Not sure he would have made it anyway but you at least need to give your team mate the best chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Try butchered there. Poor pass from TOL too in the build up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Yes.

First Penalty shouldn't have been a penalty in the first place. So whatever about bringing it forward for TOL's actions, there was no way Dragons should have got the 3 points.

Then there was at least 1 if not 2 forward passes in the Dragons tries.
    Theres 8 points given to the Dragons by poor refereeing. Is that a detailed enough explaination for you.

I agreed on the forward pass, the ref should have got it, see above.

You're wrong on the other bit though.

Some line from Tol to begin with but pass wasn't the best.

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    I agreed on the forward pass, the ref should have got it, see above.

You're wrong on the other bit though.
    Coughlin had literally hit the ground, the referee gave the penalty far too quickly.
    Technically correct, but in comparison with how he's refereed every other ruck, a joke.

EDIT: I suppose that pretty much proves you are correct to disagree. I still think it was a penalty he shouldn't have given.

Coughlan let Keatley know what he thought of that pass!

Haven't looked at the dragons team sheet, am I right in thinking it's close enough to their first team?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Very unlucky for Murphy there. Would have been a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Some very poor handling by Munster.

Otacon wrote: »
    Very unlucky for Murphy there. Would have been a try.
    Not a hope, Chavhanga was beside him... one of the fastest players in World Rugby.

Its sad really to see how ordinary a guy who was as good as Chavahanga, looks in the Muck in Rodney Parade :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Some awful handling, but its great for Archer to get the scrummaging experience. Terribly scrappy match though.

Haven't looked at the dragons team sheet, am I right in thinking it's close enough to their first team?

Missing Lydiate, Tovey and Faletau. Those are the key players missing for them but they'd certainly be a lot closer to their first choice side than Munster.

Coughlin had literally hit the ground, the referee gave the penalty far too quickly.
    Technically correct, but in comparison with how he's refereed every other ruck, a joke.

EDIT: I suppose that pretty much proves you are correct to disagree. I still think it was a penalty he shouldn't have given.

I actually agree with you and was shouting at the time but TOL knew what he was doing.

I actually agree with you and was shouting at the time but TOL knew what he was doing.
    He did.

SH's as someone said earlier, always get away with it.
    Still doens't change the fact that I don't think it was a pen :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Absolutely dire 1st half - TOL really is the pits and some of the general handling has been very poor. As for Dragons try - Jeez what can you say! It's a wonder Munster are still in the game. :(

Lighten up folk. Munster have had the better of the set piece and their kicker has slotted all his shots at goal. Throw in Hurley, WdP and Botha at 55 minutes and Munster are perfectly poised to take the win. Dragons are a poor enough side and will struggle with the intensity and conditioning of the Munster pack in the closing stages. Half of their forwards look like they had a few pints and a curry for their lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

GerM wrote: »
    Lighten up folk. Munster have had the better of the set piece and their kicker has slotted all his shots at goal. Throw in Hurley, WdP and Botha at 55 minutes and Munster are perfectly poised to take the win. Dragons are a poor enough side and will struggle with the intensity and conditioning of the Munster pack in the closing stages. Half of their forwards look like they had a few pints and a curry for their lunch.

You'd like to think so. If Munster were a bit more clinical, they'd have at least one try in the first half.

I'm enjoying the match it has to be said.

Christ nightmare for Toluka :/

3 knock ons from 3 maybe 4 possessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Tokula seems to have difficulty holding onto the ball. You can understand nerves but you'd hope to see something decent from him.

Ref looks like he's dying hungover. Eyes hanging out of his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

the joys of Rodney parade. You can distinctly hear the one or two apes in the crowd

TOL has been bad in attack but has been everywhere in defence.

• Advertisement

Tokula with another turnover.

Hospital pass from Keatly, and Brew killed him!

Super hit.

Advertisement