Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 arrests in Waterford drugs haul

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

jo06555 wrote: »
    I went down for a stroll seeing a few faces their was a TV camera and photographer taking pics of each as they came from the prison van only 6 at a time I think so it could go on late into the night .

It is hard to know if they have picked 24 people up on small amounts or they have an actual big bust. If these 24 people had nothing on them I cant see much of a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Now to expand my kingdom :P

Any idea when they'll publish names or pictures? wan't see if I know any :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

deisedave wrote: »
    I went down for a stroll seeing a few faces their was a TV camera and photographer taking pics of each as they came from the prison van only 6 at a time I think so it could go on late into the night .

It is hard to know if they have picked 24 people up on small amounts or they have an actual big bust. If these 24 people had nothing on them I cant see much of a sentence.
    Ye I know I wonder are any of the big dealers in this 24 arrested , just on rte news said all but 1 released on bail to return in 2 weeks and the 1 has being kept on other charges .

Ye I know I wonder are any of the big dealers in this 24 arrested , just on rte news said all but 1 released on bail to return in 2 weeks and the 1 has being kept on other charges .

By the sounds of it, it means they have nothing on them and found nothing much if they had anything I dont think they would be freed so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Hahahahah i think nearly everyone expected that outcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Stokolan wrote: »
    Now to expand my kingdom :P

Any idea when they'll publish names or pictures? wan't see if I know any :D

Id guess maybe fridays Munster or is that not run anymore?? Don't get the hopes up on billy Mac carthy talkng about it in morning he too afraid to talk bout the heavy things effecting Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Maybe they were trying to get as many of them into interrogation rooms as possible and hope they can get them to inform on the bigger guys?

Wouldnt have thought it would be a positive sign that none are being held for the charges they were arrested for, would seem like a bit of a huge **** up though to arrest so many people and break the cover of this undercover investigation if they had nothing to pin to a few of them at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

kryogen wrote: »
    Maybe they were trying to get as many of them into interrogation rooms as possible and hope they can get them to inform on the bigger guys?

Wouldnt have thought it would be a positive sign that none are being held for the charges they were arrested for, would seem like a bit of a huge **** up though to arrest so many people and break the cover of this undercover investigation if they had nothing to pin to a few of them at least!

Why were they brought to court if the gardaí had nothing on them?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Why were they brought to court if the gardaí had nothing on them?

That was kind of my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Still no names? Cmon people.

Gardai obviously had something on them. They bought heroin off most of them over the past 6 months undercover id say for a start.

• Advertisement

Media999 wrote: »
    Still no names? Cmon people.

Gardai obviously had something on them. They bought heroin off most of them over the past 6 months undercover id say for a start.

Wouldnt think its most of them, and wouldnt say its just heroin.

The bigger guys tend to not get their hands very dirty and have plenty of runners. They would be arrested in connection with it but the Gardai would be relying on some of the guys they do have hard evidence on testifying against them in that case.

So letting them all go on bail, if that is the case, would be silly and avoided if possible since it leaves anybody open to intimidation and leaves them all free to corroborate each others stories.

It will all come out in the wash sure

Edit: just to point out also, if you knew much about it you would probably be able to work out a good few of the names yourself, if you wouldnt be able to do that then the names will probably mean nothing to you anyway

Also, of the 18 that were in court, not all of them are interconnected in terms of the charges, and different people facing different charges.
    The court heard that the 18 cases were similar but not all were interconnected, and some of the accused face a number of charges.

Also, of the 18 that were in court, not all of them are interconnected in terms of the charges, and different people facing different charges.

So are you saying out of the people arrested not all were connected?

So are you saying out of the people arrested not all were connected?

no saying that of the 24 picked arrested, 18 went to court but not all of them are connected to each other in relation to being charged.

Not one big group like, more like a couple of different factions of dealers i guess.

Edit: its quite odd that someone thanked that post isn't it........................................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Few names flying around the place. You'd be barking up the wrong tree to find out.

no saying that of the 24 picked arrested, 18 went to court but not all of them are connected to each other in relation to being charged.

Not one big group like, more like a couple of different factions of dealers i guess.

Yeah I was thinking 24 would be to big of a group to all be related.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Few names flying around the place. You'd be barking up the wrong tree to find out.

What you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

I wonder do these raids or seizures do any good

the people arrested cost money on police time ,courts and prison

the price of stuff goes up and addicts rob more

even worse scumbags move in to take their place

According to Rte only a small amount of cocaine and a small amount of heroin was seized

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

M cebee wrote: »
    I wonder do these raids or seizures do any good

the people arrested cost money on police time ,courts and prison

the price of stuff goes up and addicts rob more

even worse scumbags move in to take their place

I have to agree with you here.

When dealers are taking out, they're usually replaced all most instantly and usually by people that want to establish themselves and are not hesitant in using violence to achieve this.

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I have to agree with you here.

When dealers are taking out, they're usually replaced all most instantly and usually by people that want to establish themselves and are not hesitant in using violence to achieve this.

I actually agree I hate drugs but the current crop dont tend to be overly violent at the moment.

Thats generally due to the big guys here actually being pretty small fry in comparison to the bigger guys nationwide. They get their stuff from the bigger drug gangs in the country.

If they get locked up, the bigger drug gangs will just supply someone else.

Thats generally due to the big guys here actually being pretty small fry in comparison to the bigger guys nationwide. They get their stuff from the bigger drug gangs in the country.

If they get locked up, the bigger drug gangs will just supply someone else.
    It will happen sooner or later, the big gangs will come its just a matter of time tbh.

It will happen sooner or later, the big gangs will come its just a matter of time tbh.

Will come here?

Will come here?

Might not happen anytime soon but the way the country is going it is bound to happen sooner or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ciarandoherty77

Bit of a contradiction you wrote there, dont you think!!!!

Might not happen anytime soon but the way the country is going it is bound to happen sooner or later.

A couple of Dundons were up a while ago alright, apparently looking at buying houses up here, dunno how much truth is really in it, but I would have thought the system will just stay the same, the big guys bring it in, supply it down the line until it reaches the local dealers and the users.

No need to have a physical presence in every town/city while the local gangs are controlling things and buying from them. I would imagine in the line of work you would want as many buffers between you and the product as possible.

Bit of a contradiction you wrote there, dont you think!!!!

I love that in 5 years you have 2 posts.

Sorry for going off topic, just think thats amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ciarandoherty77

And your point is!!!!!

• Advertisement

And your point is!!!!!

That its incredibly disciplined to have not posted at all for 3 and a bit years! Your first post was only a while ago. I found it amusing, no offence intended!

Advertisement