Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hit and Run

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

djimi wrote: »
    I dont think is true to be honest, or at least I dont think its a common occurance. I have reported two seperate incidents I have had to my insurance companies in recent years (two different insurers) and neither went on to be a claim as I settled with the people involved myself, and neither incident in any way affected my premium or NCB. If you do with to proceed claiming from your own insurer or the other parties then your insurance company must be notified fairly shortly after the incident so that they have a record of the incident.

If anyone has experience to prove otherwise then Im happy to be proven wrong (or not happy, in this case!)

This happened to my mum two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mr.hider wrote: »
    @Anan1: yep.
    Good man. Have you heard from the Gardaí yet? A similar thing happened to a friend of mine a few years back and the Gardaí told the other party to either pay up or be prosecuted - it wouldn't surprise me if that's what they do with your woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mr.hider

@Anan1: it is only 24 hours since the accident, so I guess give'm another day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Limbo123 wrote: »
    This happened to my mum two years ago.

And what grounds did they give her for trying to penalize her for a claim that she never made? Did she fight it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Sorry for bumping an old thread but my car was hit whilst parked at a filling station, a witness told me when i came out from paying for my petrol and i notified both the gardai and my insurance company but have had no luck despite giving in the reg number of the car and a contact name and number of the witness.
    I was told by my insurance company that notifying them would have no effect on premium as i am just third party fire and theft and i was not at fault.
    Low and behold i get my renewal form in and the premium has jumped 50% :mad:

Has anyone been in a similar situation before ?
    This happened over 3 months ago and i find it strange that they could not find the culprit despite the garage having CCTV aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

BohsCeltic wrote: »

Probably nothing to do with you notifying them of anything. It's just the standard 'we'll chance our arm in the hope he's too lazy to start ringing around' quote. Especially likely if you never actually claimed on your insurance. Ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but my car was hit whilst parked at a filling station, a witness told me when i came out from paying for my petrol and i notified both the gardai and my insurance company but have had no luck despite giving in the reg number of the car and a contact name and number of the witness.
    I was told by my insurance company that notifying them would have no effect on premium as i am just third party fire and theft and i was not at fault.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before ?
    This happened over 3 months ago and i find it strange that they could not find the culprit despite the garage having CCTV aswell

Is there an open claim there on the forms they sent you with the renewal? If not then its likely its just a 50% rise in cost.

draffodx wrote: »
    Is there an open claim there on the forms they sent you with the renewal? If not then its likely its just a 50% rise in cost.

I've just downloaded it there and there is an open claim showing so its showing 0 years no claims bonus.

Will have to get onto to them in the morning

Just an update, they have sort of resolved this issue but the quote is still €200 more expensive than last year so i have changed to another insurer.

However, The claim is still listed on the no claims bonus letter from my original insurer. It shows settled and amount paid €0.00 . I queried them about this and they said it won't affect any thing with my new insurer but i do not trust this statement.
    I have already paid for my new policy and i'm worried it might get revoked when they see my no claims bonus as i stated that i had not made a claim or had an accident.

Surely this should not be shown on it as i never actually made a claim ?

Anyone in this business able to clarify my situation please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You've got a non fault claim with your insurer. It's not unusual that it's noted and if it's non fault then you declare a non fault claim to your next insurer.

Sorry I see you never actually made the claim as your TPFT and just reported it. Same goes though, it will have no impact on your renewal / new inception.

• Advertisement
Advertisement