Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards group buy - CO2 Canisters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

studiorat wrote: »
    I'm standing by as it were.
    Waiting on a PM from someone...

PM sent. We can work out collect and drop off details later when the items have been delivered. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Orders been placed. Should arrive early next week. Will send a mail with collection information once they land. I will have a couple of extra boxes so anyone who expressed an interest but didn't pay for a box will have a chance to nab a box on a first come first served basis.

If you are stuck for ideas of what to do with yours:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Inquitus wrote: »
    Orders been placed. Should arrive early next week. Will send a mail with collection information once they land. I will have a couple of extra boxes so anyone who expressed an interest but didn't pay for a box will have a chance to nab a box on a first come first served basis.

I'll take one.

Will I use the form in the opening post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Hungrycol wrote: »
    If anyone who has their name down and doesn't was the 30 I'll go halves with you when you get them. Just an idea.

This still stands, €10 for 15 assuming a box of 30 is €20. I'm not planning on 30 p****ures in the next few years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

This still stands, €10 for 15 assuming a box of 30 is €20. I'm not planning on 30 p****ures in the next few years!!

I had 3 in the last two days.

Bought a pack of 3 in my LBS for €7.99 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I've had 2 in the last 6 months :D
    (Can't believe I've just jinxed myself)

My understanding is that CO2 should be for roadside inflation only as you're supposed to deflate and reinflate your tyres with air when home. CO2 doesn't retain pressure in the tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

If there's any of the extras still going I will take a box for €20.

I've had 2 in the last 6 months :D
    (Can't believe I've just jinxed myself)

My understanding is that CO2 should be for roadside inflation only as you're supposed to deflate and reinflate your tyres with air when home. CO2 doesn't retain pressure in the tyres.

Aye CO2 leaks out over 3-4 days, whereas good old air leaks out at a much much much slower rate.

Username Paid
    seamus 20
    Idleater 20
    RPL1 20
    delynet 20
    Diarmuid 20
    lennymc 40
    geancster 20
    sled driver 20
    madrichie 20
    LCRC_BAX 20
    Highway_to_hell 20
    cython 80
    Lemag 20
    dexsan 20
    shamalam 20
    RT66 40
    triggermortis 20
    el.duderino 20
    Dubba 40
    redzone 20
    Keep_Her_Lit 20
    deandean 20
    cdaly_ 9

Ok details of who paid what above. Any discrepancies let me know.

Ok the gas has arrived. I will send out collection details via email to all those who ordered this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sweet.

If anyone thinks they'll have difficult with swords, I've no problem picking up a few boxes for distribution in the Dublin 4/6/14/16/24 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

Good work Inquitus.

As per Seamus, I've no problems picking up a few boxes for distribution aswell. I'm city centre based during office hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dexsan

Thanks Again...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

great! im up in drogheda so can pick up for anyone up this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Any spare boxes left I could take off your hands for €20??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Seamus, if you could pick up mine, that would be great. I'm in D14. Unless Inquitus is going to race in Dunboyne on Saturday?

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Seamus, if you could pick up mine, that would be great. I'm in D14. Unless Inquitus is going to race in Dunboyne on Saturday?

No I am racing in Glendalough on Sunday though if thats any use to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

No I am racing in Glendalough on Sunday though if thats any use to anyone.

If you mean mountain bike racing I'd be really grateful if you could bring my 20 along with you? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Diarmuid wrote: »

I'm in dundrum tomorrow morning so could collect mine and yours from inquitus at his work before and meet you in D14 after? That ok inquitus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    I'm in dundrum tomorrow morning so could collect mine and yours from inquitus at his work before and meet you in D14 after? That ok inquitus?
    Thanks for the offer but stuck in work tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Got mine this morning. Thanks very much Inquitus for organising...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Got mine this morning. Thanks very much Inquitus for organising...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Long shot! Any boxes over pm me or if anyone is planning on a re-order I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Picked mine up from Inquitus at the MTB race in Annamoe yesterday - many thanks!
    Think that was the 1st time I ever saw a Boards jersey at a mountain bike event!
    Now have to figure out whether the the "threaded" canisters work with my old SKS Airchamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

seamus wrote: »
    Sweet.

If anyone thinks they'll have difficult with swords, I've no problem picking up a few boxes for distribution in the Dublin 4/6/14/16/24 area.

Looks like I will be without a car for the next week, if anyone is collecting their canisters and will around the south side of the city can they collect my box? I can collect anywhere from citywest to D4 or out towrds dalkey/Killiney.

Thanks, HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I'm only a couple of minutes away from Inquitus, so can collect and bring to Dublin 2 for anyone that might suit. I'll collect on Wednesday evening if required. Just let Inquitus know you want me to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Totally forgot about this. I'll aim to be over tomorrow night too (I'll text in advance of course)

inquitus - ill get rt66 to pick up the two boxes for me if thats ok with both of you?

lennymc wrote: »
    inquitus - ill get rt66 to pick up the two boxes for me if thats ok with both of you?

Thats fine, PM RT66 and ask him to liase with me re collection. Needs to be done before I go on hols on Fri else theres a weeks wait.

• Advertisement

Thats fine, PM RT66 and ask him to liase with me re collection. Needs to be done before I go on hols on Fri else theres a weeks wait.

Thanks Inquitus. Ill throw him a PM now.

Advertisement