Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Yes, but chatter causes arm pump which is an injury. Would also like to see Crutchlow get a race win

Technically the chatter has little to do with Stoner's injury to be honest. It exacerbates the problem but it isnt a root cause

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

frostie500 wrote: »
    Technically the chatter has little to do with Stoner's injury to be honest. It exacerbates the problem but it isnt a root cause

So he isn't fully fit. That's what I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Would also like to see Crutchlow get a race win

I'd LOVE to see him on the top step. Seen a quote in a bike magazine, which was "a happy Cal is a dangerous Cal".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The worst thing that could happen to Crutchlow would be an explosion of Toseland-style hype. Just let the results come and they will. JT was hyped up something shocking by the BBC (to the point where I stopped watching pre-race coverage) and putting a St George's cross on his lid for the British GP and then binning it on lap one showed up the expectation and pressure on him. Cal is more grounded I think.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Agreed, I think Cal has a much better head on his shoulders. Plus I really think that he has a better temperament for Moto GP racing. Toseland was more of a push as hard as he could all the time type of racer whereas Cal can bide his time and wait for his opportunity. I'd love to see him win one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'm looking forward to seeing Shakey Byrne on a CRT bike, he should be faster than Ellison anyway.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing Shakey Byrne on a CRT bike, he should be faster than Ellison anyway.

That wouldn't be hard in fairness but Paul Bird has to look at all the options!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Infoanon

CJhaughey wrote: »

Ellison is riding the bike at Le Mans - was confirmed late last week.

Shakey subbed for the Sito Pons team a few years back and was not too impressive from memory

Infoanon wrote: »
    Ellison is riding the bike at Le Mans - was confirmed late last week.

Shakey subbed for the Sito Pons team a few years back and was not too impressive from memory
    Thats a good few years ago now!
    Big difference from a full factory prototype to a CRT, I'd be confident that he has moved on a bit since then and should be able to give good feedback.
    Maybe PB was using it as a stick on Ellison but I do expect to see Shakey at some point in the MotoGP setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

i think the last time shakey was in the top class was with aprila,the problom with ellison is he doesent stay with a team long enfough so i dont think he is the right man to develop the bike

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yikert

Stoner to retire at the end of the season!!! A seat becomes available on the Honda, will people up their game to get it, will Rossi be considered or is he yesterdays man, this might make things more exiting.

Not a chance - he left Honda on bad terms and anyway Honda don't need him to win...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I cant believe stoner is going to retire, thats the last thing i expected to hear, and rossi announces he will stay for another 2 years:eek:,
    i expected that announcement to be the other way around, im not sure will rossi will be with ducati for another 2 years, he just cant ride that bike,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Lorenzo to Honda and Rossi back to yamaha??
    Not much chance of it but be nice to see vale competitive again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well with Stoner retiring I expect to see Marquez in his seat next year, it's exactly what Honda will want as he's the most exciting up and coming rider at the moment.
    If Honda can also get Lorenzo in the team and get rid of sour face Pedrosa then that'd be the "dream team" of bike racing for sure.

Stoner seems to have succomed to losing his bottle, even though he'll be giving it his all for the season he probably wouldn't want to keep riding at his level as he does really hang it out and anything goes wrong at the speeds he rides and he'll be badly injured and his wife would kill him.

It is a shame though as he is an excellent rider, the championship won't be the same without him.

Honda stated at a press conference yesterday that there would only be one spanish rider in the repsol team,juring the same conference dawna who own moto gp said there would be no relaxing the rules to let marquez ride in a works team,at the same press conference eurosports toby asked hondas boss man about rossi returning to repsol,he said you could rule noting out,any one how thinks rossi is passed it are crazy

I think Pedrosa will be fired. He is the longest serving Honda rider without winning a championship. As good as he is I cant see him win a title, if he does I will gladly eat my own jocks............

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well with Stoner retiring I expect to see Marquez in his seat next year,

Marquez cannot ride for a works team next year. Possibly see will see him on a satellite bike with repsol sponsorship.

Honda pushed strongly for Bradl to go to LCR so its possible Bradl could link up with Pedrosa.

With Spies position also under threat negotiations could be interesting over the summer !

Plus factor in the possibility that Suzuki could be rejoining MotoGP in 2014 with an i4 engine.

• Advertisement

Very dissapointed with Spies so far, you could put it down to bad luck but still. Bradl is going well tho, maybe something might happen for him. Why cant Marquez ride a factory bike?

Yikert wrote: »
    Very dissapointed with Spies so far, you could put it down to bad luck but still. Bradl is going well tho, maybe something might happen for him. Why cant Marquez ride a factory bike?
    ITS THE RULES

Yikert wrote: »

If he's coming from Moto2 to MotoGP, he has to start with a satellite team and THEN progress onto a factory bike. Take Bradl for example, he's on the LCR Honda so in theory he could take Stoner's (Pedrosa's) seat next year.

I did not know that.

Excellent win for Ianone, bad luck for Pol Espargaro got wipedout big time by Marquez, racing incident but stillunfortunate.

Good day for Luthi an excellent seccond postition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

That fecking marquez, doing something silly as usual,
    luthi shows a cool head and consistent riding,

bladebrew wrote: »
    That fecking marquez, doing something silly as usual,
    luthi shows a cool head and consistent riding,

Wasn't really Marquez's fault though was more of a racing inccident, though Marquez should havev been more aware of his and Espargaro's track position

pdbhp wrote: »
    Wasn't really Marquez's fault though was more of a racing inccident, though Marquez should havev been more aware of his and Espargaro's track position

Agree - there was a second angle shown on Europsort where marquez could not avoid hitting Pol - unfortunately Marquez has form and prior to the incident imho his riding was pretty tough yesterday.

Stewards initially gave Marquez (who got booed btw) a 1 minute penalty
    His team appealed and the penalty was revoked - meantime both Rossi and Stoner criticised the decision to penalise Marquez.

However.....the Pons team have now appealed the decision citing a rule that a rider involved in an incident must look up to avoid collisions....

Moto GP - Better ride from Pedrosa, very good ride from Spies until he crashed :( and didn't do badly after he crashed. He's not really a 'win or crash' rider I think, but he did a good impression of one - kind of understandable given the pressure he's been under, but a cooler more calcuated ride would almost certainly have resulted in a podium for him and that would be better for him and his team bosses.

Good ride from Crutchlow, but a very good ride from Dovi, excellent result for him right when he needed one.

A couple of races ago I thought this was going to be another title for Stoner without a doubt, but yet again he gives an unimpressive race performance after a good qualifying. Two wins on the bounce for Lorenzo and I'd have to make him title favourite now. Have to question how much Stoner wants it.

Decent enough result for the Ducatis given Nicky had a numb hand, Rossi was about half a second off on race pace which is better than they've been in the dry, but still clearly not good enough - question is whether they can continue to improve and become truly competitive.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Great MotoGP and Moto2 races, very exciting.

Comment of the weekend from Bradley Smith's race engineer, Tom Jojic in the Eurosport booth for the MotoGP race: "Looks like Stoner's got a hard, hard on....tyres I mean." :eek::pac:

Advertisement