Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Xtra vision is extending back and reopens 10th Dec. They have being doing work there all week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm surprised that a chain with known financial issues, that is closing shops, and has a mostly dead market (due to downloads) is expanding. Clearly Maynooth works for them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

MYOB wrote: »
    I'm surprised that a chain with known financial issues, that is closing shops, and has a mostly dead market (due to downloads) is expanding. Clearly Maynooth works for them anyway.
    Was thinking exactly that myself.

Was just speaking to the painters if the fishmonger. It's opening tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I use the Xtra vision the odd time as I live just across the road, but I've stopped cos I've pretty much seen anything they have at this stage. Looking forward to it expanding :D

I walked past the new SVdP shop on the main street today, it's open and they seem to have it reasonably well stocked! Must have a gander in there one of the days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We are neighbors so:)
    I have no idea why xtra vision is expanding either,it never seems very busy and is so expensive but maybe they are branching in to other areas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Larger branches are branded as "Xtragame" and sell console games, but its not like we don't already have both Tesco and Golden Discs trying for that market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

SQ2 wrote: »
    I'm told H&B will be up and running in the next 2 weeks "apparently" :rolleyes:

Still not open, but the shopfitters are in and it looks like it'll be ready soon.

Did anyone notice there's a homebrew shop of some description in the Town Centre Mall? Managed to slip by me entirely

Now, this is again proving I remember pointless crap, but I'm nearly certain there used to be one in much the same place in the late 1980s...

MYOB wrote: »
    Did anyone notice there's a homebrew shop of some description in the Town Centre Mall? Managed to slip by me entirely

Now, this is again proving I remember pointless crap, but I'm nearly certain there used to be one in much the same place in the late 1980s...
    Is that the one where cafe bon bon is ?
    Also what do you mean by home brew ?

Do you mean over Donnatello's? That's there a few years.

• Advertisement

Do you mean over Donnatello's? That's there a few years.

Yeah. Few years? Jesus, show's how rarely I look up...

One of the taxi companies has moved in to the former health food place on the Square, not a new shop as such but it does reduce the stock of available retail units even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Still not open, but the shopfitters are in and it looks like it'll be ready soon.

Open for the sales by the look of it

H&B opening on Tuesday according to a sign on the window.
    But the clothes shop next to it is gone. Shanique I think it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Anyone know if Next are opening up another store next to the children's one? Caught a glimpse of a sign saying they're opening in the spring lastnight but was driving so couldn't look closer. Is it just a women's store or men too?

The dry cleaners in the car park there has closed again, and I would imagine that Carrig Donn are out of their second unit soon as it was Christmas stuff so we'll be back to having empty units in Manor Mills... still, was nice when it lasted to have probably the only full shopping centre in the country!

One of the original shops in the centre has closed up too, Shanique shut on Friday. Crosshatch menswear is shutting in 2 weeks also, but on the other hand it looks like H&B are finally opening tomorrow, or least look like they're ready to open tomorrow!

That menswear shop only opened a few months ago max.

It was only a temporary letting in the first place apparently

Hopefully the units are filled again quickly .
    It is a shame to see the shops there for a long time shutting down .

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Hopefully the units are filled again quickly .
    It is a shame to see the shops there for a long time shutting down .
    There's some work going on in mamma Mias. Driving by I saw a couple of Indian looking guys coming out - not dressed as workmen. With a bit of luck we might get a recent Indian restaurant.

• Advertisement

I would love a decent local Indian and also a Mexican:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would love a decent local Indian and also a Mexican:)

Oh a Mexican restaurant would be great!!

On the other side of the street, caulfields appeared to be closed this eve

Caulfields has closed early a few times because its been empty. The recent sale fell through because of some outstanding bills. Its only a matter if time before its gone for good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

SQ2 wrote: »
    On the other side of the street, caulfields appeared to be closed this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

The sale of Caulfields has gone through. It is closed for a couple of weeks because of problems in getting a licence. Business was as good here as in any of the pubs in the town. An Indian restaurant is likely to open above Caulfields in February.

Must be a new sale - the last one was called off cos the title holders were insisting that the buyer take over debts unrelated to the sale. Business in there was appallingly bad. I was in there on a Friday night for a meeting - when we left the back bar was empty (10:30pm) and there were maybe 5 people in the front bar. Yet the same night there was a good crowd in both bars in Brady's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Aww I love caulfields

Is mantra not doing food during the day anymore? Doors closed at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

ORION. It is not a new sale for Caulfields. Same owners as last October--Mahons

Advertisement