Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First grey hair and lack of motivation.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

You can always make the trip up to the big smoke for the longer lsrs Dave. Oh god no you don't want to move to Meath :eek::eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Nules10 wrote: »
    You can always make the trip up to the big smoke for the longer lsrs Dave. Oh god no you don't want to move to Meath :eek::eek::D

Oi you Mrs, don't slag Meath...good enough for you when you want to come and run our races:p

Dave, i did all my long runs for the past 2 yrs on my own...and ye it stinks:rolleyes:, is there any club or running group anywhere near you...what county are you in??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

A Mayo man could never move to Meath.:D:D:D

I have not heard of any club members running it yet. May ask again. I could start training and see how it goes.

Didn't bother going club training last night decided to head for an early run because of the match.

3 miles done at 9.04 pace. Weather was horrible tough running but enjoyed it all the same. Not looking for mad times this week only looking to get back my fitness. Next week I will up it to 4.5 miles each day.

Seemed to have tweaked my groin muscle as it is sore today. Might have to miss tomorrow and head for a walk instead.

After watching the game last night I wished I had gone club training

No running at the weekend give the groin muscle a good rest. Went for a good walk on Sunday, played golf lets just say I better stick to the running.

Back at it this evening. Decided to do 3 quick miles instead of the 4.5. Was very happy managed a 8.21 pace and felt comfortable the whole way around. Going to push it to 4 slow miles tomorrow and then back with the club on Thursday.

• Advertisement

Plan changed today it was a game of football followed by a gentle 2 mile run after it.

Before the fecking game even started I kicked the ball and all of a sudden felt this burning feeling up the inside of my leg so started the game in goal doing a few stretches. After 20 mins decided the leg felt okay so out I went, got the ball heading for goal nearly there, goal at my mercy, kicked the ball, bang gone again bloody groin muscle and I didn't score the goal.:(:(:(

So at home with ice on and it, and its starting to feel okay again.

Never mind marathon training will I ever be able to do a 10k again

Fecking football Dave, thats a mad game...and you didn't even manage to score:rolleyes:
    I was suppose to get a sports massage tonight but i got a message that he got a dead leg in training last night, is sitting icing it and forgot me:eek:

hope its better soon!! I'm heading to Westport mid July on me holliers and if could be arrange i was going to meet up with you for a run :D

Anne that sounds great but, I am a Mayo man but I am living in Laois. You will have the best time in Westport lovely part of the country.

How about the 10 mile in Dublin ??????

Ah well theys the way it goes.. Ye were were in westport last yr too and kids love it!!!

yep, im signed up for the full race series and the Marathon:eek:

Laois is only down the road:p, no excuse for not coming up to Meath for all the races you were praising the Meath crowd for having!!!!:D

Very true Anne. Fair play to you on the race series and the marathon I will be up at the 10 mile race if it kills me.

That is my new goal and after that we will see what happens.

• Advertisement

Went to club training tonight leg felt a good bit better.

Tonight was a fartlek session. First time in a long time to do one.
    3 mins fast, 2 mins slow, 2 mins fast, 1 min slow, 1 min fast, 1 min slow
    3 minute break and then repeated again. Few laps to cool down
    Really enjoyed it found it tough enough, the leg was okay a few small twinges but I kept on going.

And I got my club top tonight.:):)

Went to club training tonight leg felt a good bit better.

Tonight was a fartlek session. First time in a long time to do one.
    3 mins fast, 2 mins slow, 2 mins fast, 1 min slow, 1 min fast, 1 min slow
    3 minute break and then repeated again. Few laps to cool down
    Really enjoyed it found it tough enough, the leg was okay a few small twinges but I kept on going.

And I got my club top tonight.:):)

At last you've got it...must have been delighted you went tonight.....When is the first outing for it???;) 5m Dublin race series, on or off for you???

Not sure when its first outing will be, unfortunately I wont be doing the 5 mile not enough training plus its our wedding anniversary around then and I just mentioned it and it was NO straight away so its a night away instead.

I am doing the 10 mile plus either the half marathon in Dublin or Kilkenny mid September, Looking around local for a 10k mid July

4.5 miles done at 9.20 pace

Tough evening for it. 22 degrees outside. I am happy enough, pace seemed even enough.

4 miles again today no garmin. I think I am more of a cold weather runner:D:D

Feeling back to myself again fitness wise and I going to start the big push towards the 10 mile race mid August in Dublin. So I am going to jump back in Ecoli plan from next week.

Club training tonight

2 laps warm up

4 miles at 8.50 pace. Felt good the whole way around. Started off a even enough 9.10 pace for the first mile then up the last 3 miles to around 8.50. Could have done another 2 or 3 miles after which is a good sign.

Warm down with a slow 2 laps.

6 miles @ 9.28 pace

Legs felt very heavy. Did not enjoy it one bit. Just could not get into it.
    First 3 miles done at a very even pace 9.05 and from then on it went downhill quick.

Felt very sick when finished. Its my own fault very little water drank before hand as I had a meeting all morning. So sick I could not eat all my dinner:D:D

New diet plan??? :D bit drastic. Ahh god hate runs like that. Lets blame the weather.... its always the weathers fault... too hot... too cold... too dry :rolleyes: too wet.. too humid... too windy... no breeze :D

New diet plan, I have actually started one this week trying to include bloody fish. I hate fish .

Its the weather alright playing havoc with my training

4 miles

1 mile warm up at 9.25 pace.
    3 mile pace 8.52

half mile warm down

Felt good today. During the 3 miles kept having to hold the pace back and I still felt I was going slow. So it a good sign that fitness is coming back. Maybe its the fish:D:D

• Advertisement

1 miles warm up

4 miles @ 8.40

1 mile cool down

Really enjoyed it today felt good and fairly strong. Lovely weather for it, felt like I really had a lot more in the tank. Looking forward to a day of tomorrow and then doing 10 miles on Saturday.

good session dave. looks like you are back on track :)

Not much got done this weekend again a very slow 5 miles.

Plan for the week
    Tuesday - 6 miles
    Wednesday - 4.5 1 mile slow, 3 mile (8.15 PACE), .5 mile (warm down)
    Thursday - 4.5
    Friday- 3
    Weekend- 10

Finding it much easier since I have a race coming up.

6 miles @ 9.50

That was a tough run. I was dressed for the weather which was pelting down rain but as soon as I went out it started to get very warm.
    Off I went the longer it went on the slower I got. But I kept going.

I was on the way down to Lidl today to buy the sunglasses but it started raining so changed my mind

Bloody Irish summer.

4 miles with no garmin .

I really enjoy Wednesday running without the garmin.

Just took it nice and easy legs felt heavy after yesterday and hips a bit sore. Starting to loose a few pounds also which gives me the extra push.

Finally ulster bank have paid me and I signed up for the Frank Duffy 10 mile race. Hopefully I will get to meet some of ye up there.

3 miles @ 9.08 pace

Was supposed to use this as a recovery run but the rain started and I put the foot down.
    Felt nice and comfortable the legs are very heavy both thigh muscles are very tight. Hope to head out for my long run in the morning. I am going to do this in the woods which will include lots of hill reps.

Thank god its Friday

3 miles @ 9.08 pace

Was supposed to use this as a recovery run but the rain started and I put the foot down.
    Felt nice and comfortable the legs are very heavy both thigh muscles are very tight. Hope to head out for my long run in the morning. I am going to do this in the woods which will include lots of hill reps.

Thank god its Friday

Dave, might be time for a sport massage, legs sound very heavy....it'll put new spring in your step:D

Anne I think you are right two more runs since Friday and legs are no better so I have made an appointment for Friday for a bit of a rub down.

Planned 6 miles today but a mixture of heavy legs and 23 degrees soon put an end to that. Did manage a tough 4 miles sooner these legs are sorted the better.

Going to take it handy until Friday:
    Wednesday 4.5 miles
    Thursday Club training.

Went today at lunch time instead off after work.

4 miles @ 8.34 pace

Very happy with today felt strong and comfortable for the full 4 miles. Legs did not feel bad at all, quiet the opposite very fresh. Maybe running at lunch is the way forward.

• Advertisement

Nice 5 miles @ 9.10 pace

Nice steady pace

Mile 1 - 9.55
    Mile 2 - 9.28
    Mile 3 - 9.14
    Mile 4 - 9.02
    Mile 5 - 8.25

Advertisement