Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland vs France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Not really. He's been his usual one dimensional self today, as he has been most of his career.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you. One of the reasons I make sure to catch Clermont games. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Medard helped off the pitch, hopefully it's not serious.

Trinh-Duc moved to fullback with Beauxis coming on to play at 10. Strange Beauxis has played a lot of rugby at 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Barnes refereeing one side only... DESPERATE as ever that he gets to call apenalty to end the game so he'll do everything he can to keep it tight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Scotland are really playing well. Best thing that happened them was Parks retiring. I cannot understand why he was continually selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Referee has lost his whistle..... ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Good drop goal.
    Thats the game over IMO.

I love Beauxis' kicking style. He makes it look effortless.

What are they doing at Murrayfield,blaring music at every opportunity?
    It's daft:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

ongarite wrote: »
    Good drop goal.
    Thats the game over IMO.

10 mins left. Bit early to say game over. Less than 7 wit 10 mins to go, its definitely not over.

Very enjoyable game to watch.

Murrayfield gone quiet, France have this.

• Advertisement

Ferris' best friend on at scrum half for France.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Terrible decision from Barnes, not even slightly held

Terrible decision from Barnes, not even slightly held

Yeah he was clearly let go by the first tackler.

Huge scrum from France. Game over.

Ross Rennie is MOTM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Barnes his usual woeful self

Scotland were fantastic

Plenty we can take from that for next week, the French gameplan under Sant Andre is average to say the least

Not straight in the lineout at the end there. Scotland badly served by Barnes in that match.
    Really impressed with the Scottish ability to offload in the tackle.
    France did just enough and never really had to come out of second gear. They did look complacent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Again have to feel for Scotland, they'll be no pushover in 2 weeks time and i worry about that game.

However first things first, France didn't set the world alight today but I can see them upping their performance completely for next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

That was a good game to watch today. The Scots introduced a few young players and it's really paying off for them. They look to have found a couple of good players - Hogg looks v threatening at full back, be interesting to see how he fares in rest of 6 Nations. Gray was also excellent. He may push O'Connell out of a starting place for the lions. Pity Ire don't introduce a few young players. Our gameplan is so static and slow compared to the Scots plan today. They did the right thing and kicked v little ball to France, ran at them and it nearly paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Anyone know the name of the song that plays right after the anthems in Murrayfield??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Hagz wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song that plays right after the anthems in Murrayfield??

Is it the one by The Killers "All these things that I've done" (I got soul but I'm not a soldier).

Slightly more up to date than "Jump Around" from Ireland's game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Is it the one by The Killers "All these things that I've done" (I got soul but I'm not a soldier).

I think they were playing Dropkick Murphy's after the anthems in the Aviva. Utter rubbish. Whoever cleared that use of music should be sacked with immediate effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

have to say scotland look like they could be a great team in the next few years

CatFromHue wrote: »

No not that one. i think it's a song by the cores but I don't know which one. The crowd started to sing it mid-match.

EDIT: Got it, it's Loch Lomond.

I think they were playing Dropkick Murphy's after the anthems in the Aviva. Utter rubbish. Whoever cleared that use of music should be sacked with immediate effect.

Is it wrong that I liked it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Not really. He's been his usual one dimensional self today, as he has been most of his career.

Sir, you are doing ze jesting avec moi? Somebody should ask Shaggy what he thinks of Malzieu's finishing.

Think Ewan Murray would have made a huge difference at scrum time today, maybe even saved scotland 2 or 3 penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

leonard7 wrote: »
    have to say scotland look like they could be a great team in the next few years

I don't see it to be honest. They have a couple of options coming through alright but as well as being below average overall in the back line (despite the great performance from the full back today) they are also poor in the front row. Ross Ford is overrated, Euan Murray won't play every second game because of religion and the other options there are very poor - Jacobson, Dickinson, Kalman, Low, Cross - not one of those is an international standard prop.

Tim Visser will probably help their back line when he is brought in but the Lamonts, De Luca, Morrison etc. need to be moved on if they are to progress.

I don't see it to be honest. They have a couple of options coming through alright but as well as being below average overall in the back line (despite the great performance from the full back today) they are also poor in the front row. Ross Ford is overrated, Euan Murray won't play every second game because of religion and the other options there are very poor - Jacobson, Dickinson, Kalman, Low, Cross - not one of those is an international standard prop.

Tim Visser will probably help their back line when he is brought in but the Lamonts, De Luca, Morrison etc. need to be moved on if they are to progress.

All these players were fantastic today

Ford got through a scary amount of work and is one of the most underrated hookers in the NH IMO. He nearly sent Swarzeski two feet under when he lined him up early on. Didn't miss a throw all day either I think

Lamont and Morrison are a solid midfield paring, and to be honest I'd swap them for Earls and Darcy next week in a heartbeat. Morrison in particular made some serious yards today

De Luca had his best game of the championship off the bench. Made one or two breaks and somehow picked that ball off his shoelaces in the second half

None of these guys are exactly spring chickens but they're going to play a crucial role in the development of the likes of Hogg, Denton and Weir.

Personally I fear the Scots coming to Dublin

The French pack was 10 pounds lighter per man today. They seem to usually be lighter than the opposition. Has the average weight of their pack been the lowest in the 6N matches so far?

• Advertisement

The varieties of French negativity are worthy of a thesis in themselves.
    They can be apathetic, easily demoralized or internally divided. Today, I think they just had a game plan similar to the one followed against Wales in the RWC - play defensively and score on the turnover, calculating that the opposition couldn't spring too many surprises. That should offer us some hope if we can make our passes and survive the scrums.

Scotland were excellent today. At last the backs look like they know what they are doing. A similar performance could have us in serious trouble.

Advertisement