Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lampard's Wedding

Options
  • 24-02-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭

Word on the street is Frank Lampard is getting married in Dromoland Castle this weekend.
    Anyone hear anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Word on the street is Frank Lampard is getting married in Dromoland Castle this weekend.

Rumour was floating around for weeks, everyone saying different dates but someone high profile has a wedding planned for there as lots of couples supposedly were given the option to change dates of their weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Carazy wrote: »
    Rumour was floating around for weeks, everyone saying different dates but someone high profile has a wedding planned for there as lots of couples supposedly were given the option to change dates of their weddings.

I heard one couple booked the castle for the same date as Lampard wanted. Supposedly a serious fee was paid to the couple to change to a later date...serious money too, I know it's all here'say but this couple were given a fee to cover all the costs of their wedding at a later date, their mortgage was paid and they were given another payment for their inconvenience.

I wonder is there any truth in it? It sounds a bit 'makey uppy' to me...but you'd never know what with the wealth of these high profile footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

I heard one couple booked the castle for the same date as Lampard wanted. Supposedly a serious fee was paid to the couple to change to a later date...serious money too, I know it's all here'say but this couple were given a fee to cover all the costs of their wedding at a later date, their mortgage was paid and they were given another payment for their inconvenience.

I wonder is there any truth in it? It sounds a bit 'makey uppy' to me...but you'd never know what with the wealth of these high profile footballers.

The exact same thing that I was told. I found it hard to believe also. Then again his weekly wage would have covered most of that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well it's not this weekend as his partner is the co-presenter of Dancing on Ice which is on every Sunday and he'll be playing for Chelsea this weekend. It'll be a summer wedding if he does not get picked by England for Euro 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

i also heard this from a person im close to his from uk this is what he told me is it true i dont know anything is possible anyway heres what i heard.

the couple that had that date were a gay couple not only did they get a big pay out they got there wedding payed for and also there new house payed off in full:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

i also heard this from a person im close to his from uk this is what he told me is it true i dont know anything is possible anyway heres what i heard.

the couple that had that date were a gay couple not only did they get a big pay out they got there wedding payed for and also there new house payed off in full:)

Man, this rumor is getting better by the minute! When I first heard it 4 weeks ago, it was my wife's uncles's wife's daughter's friend's friend cousin that was alleged to be the lucky bride in question :rolleyes:. According to the story, she was getting the wedding, honeymoon and so much cash for it. Now it's a gay couple, and on top of the wedding expenses, they're getting the house paid off in full!

Hopefully in the end it'll be Enda Kenny marrying Angela Merkel, and Lampard is paying off the 25 billion euro budget deficit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Its rumored he's getting married in Lough Rynn castle Co. Leitrim in the summer. People living in houses on the grounds of the estate have been offered free holidays.

Well whatever is on, there's a big wedding taking place this weekend, the hall in Newmarket was storing flowers there today in preparation of a big wedding up in the castle...that's the only thing I saw with my own eyes. Mentioned it to someone and they gave me the spiel about Frank Lampard.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Well whatever is on, there's a big wedding taking place this weekend, the hall in Newmarket was storing flowers there today in preparation of a big wedding up in the castle...that's the only thing I saw with my own eyes. Mentioned it to someone and they gave me the spiel about Frank Lampard.

Chelsea are playing Bolton today and Lampard is in the squad. I have also heard the Dromoland story as above though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

He played for his club today anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Girl from Shannon got married there this weekend someone was saying, but everyone's going on about lampard too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you have a problem with a post, REPORT IT DO NOT REPLY TO IT.

Posts removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmhmm21

It's not this weekend..its in a few weeks. The couple that were supposed to get married there the that same wknd got their whole wedding paid for, 10grand, mortgage paid, honeymoon paid and an invite to the wedding, to change their dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

mmhmm21 wrote: »
    It's not this weekend..its in a few weeks. The couple that were supposed to get married there the that same wknd got their whole wedding paid for, 10grand, mortgage paid, honeymoon paid and an invite to the wedding, to change their dates!

Bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmhmm21

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Bollix.

Ha, eh no...I know the couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

mmhmm21 wrote: »
    Ha, eh no...I know the couple.

Ah yeah.

Ah yeah.
    Bollix.

Quite the wordsmith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DannyIrishMan1

i saw my godfathers invite to Frank Lampards wedding and its 100% real,he's from Montenotte Cork.He cant wait for it I hear because its a free bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've heard Cratloe Church is the venue for the ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭golfball37

I met Franks better looking 1st cousin playing golf at Dromoland about 3/4 years ago, was in group a hole ahead of me. Had a chat with him at one point too about Tottenham, so they are well familar with the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

heard the same story while I was at a wedding a few weeks back in dromoland!! I won't believe it until I see it.......(getting compensated, mortgage paid off etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ShaneMc2012

phog wrote: »
    I've heard Cratloe Church is the venue for the ceremony.

Ive heard that aswell but then again someone told me a Liverpool player got married there around 3 weeks ago which seems bull**** as there's no mention in any newspaper so its probably just idle rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scrawnyass

If lampard had his reception in Dromoland whats the big deal?? A lad who kicks a football attends his own wedding reception in Co. Clare. Big deal.Meanwhile, the world still revolves.This celebrity crap makes me wonder about people sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I just found out that it's Ashford castle. A friends friend refused to change her date. After a lot of over and back the 'client' agreed to pay for her wedding, honeymoon anywhere in the world AND her mortgage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Is this thread still going?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Is this thread still going?!

Appears so Ritchie :) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I heard the hotel is Castle Dargan in Sligo. Thinking of logging on to snopes.com. This story is growing legs....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

MyKeyG wrote: »
    I just found out that it's Ashford castle. A friends friend refused to change her date. After a lot of over and back the 'client' agreed to pay for her wedding, honeymoon anywhere in the world AND her mortgage.

Well your friend's friend is clearly an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

TomKat wrote: »
    Well your friend's friend is clearly an idiot.
    Any chance you could <snip> tell me why?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Any chance you could elevate your intelligence above the level of an amoeba and tell me why?

Why would you turn down someone paying for your mortgage, wedding and honeymoon?

Short term happiness or long term security?

And if money isn't an issue get them to donate the cost to charity instead!

Advertisement