Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Episode EVAR!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'd have a lot of fave episodes of many shows, by one that's definitely up there is:

Friends, Season 3 episode 2. The One Where No One's Ready. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭gidget

Another fan of the aforementioned West Wing episode! But one other episode of it that stood out for me was the finale on the first season " What kind of day has it been" at the end with the whole assasination attempt and not knowing who had been hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

"The Mighty Boosh" - The Nightmare of Milky Joe, even if you hate Noel Fieldings LOLRANDOM humour this is brilliant.

Or the Angel episode where a spell turns him into a puppet.

The "Sliding Doors" Malcolm in the Middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I'd have a lot of fave episodes of many shows, by one that's definitely up there is:

Friends, Season 3 episode 2. The One Where No One's Ready. :)

From Friends, I would say the trivia contest where the girls apartment is up for grabs -Season 4 Episode 12 (The One with the Embryos)

Oh, the episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Dewey writes an opera based around his life, just magnificent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,616 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think the last epiosde of The Shield is hands down the best
    Lem & Shane dead, Ronnie in prison and Vic behind a desk (worse than death or prison to him!)

But I think the very 1st episode deserves an honorable mention. What an ending!

HAHAHA check out one of the comments for that vid:
    i got refused entry into the gardai ( irish police ) because i said that the shield made me want to be a cop. seriously wtf

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lots been mentioned so far that I agree with, particularly the first and last epsiodes of The Shield. But there were some great ones inbetween as well.

Homicide - S6Ep7 The Subway is excellent.
    Homicide - Season 4 finale, Pembleton has a stoke in the box. Intense viewing.

Sons of Anarchy - S2 Ep1 - The
    rape scene with Gemma
    was some of the most brutal and emotional TV that I have ever seen.

The last epsiode of Breaking Bad was truely amazing TV as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy - S2 Ep1 - The
    rape scene with Gemma
    was some of the most brutal and emotional TV that I have ever seen.

+1

On a lighter note. Seinfeld S04E17 - "The Outing" was fantastic! It is the one with the reporter who thinks George and Jerry are a gay couple still in the closet! (Not that there's anything wrong with that). It won a GLAAD award for "Outstanding representations of the LGBT community in media".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Homicide - Season 4 finale, Pembleton has a stoke in the box. Intense viewing.

yeah that was a class episode,

unfortunately the show was never that same after that episode, even after the writers relented when viewers complained about giving the character a handicap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Really, is that the kind of backlash they got? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Final episode of season 4 of Dexter(surprised noones mentioned it)
    Where Rita dies in the bathtub after being killed by the Trinity Killer (John Lithgow)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

spoiler please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Series Finale of Six Feet Under-Best series ending I have ever seen.

Also Mad Men-The Wheel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Practically every episode of Borgen, I guess.

The Six Feet Under ep where David picks up this guy who turns out to be a nutter and kidnaps him was pretty intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I would have to say Rome Season 1 and Sons of Anarchy Season 3 and 4 endings.
    Also Trailer Park Boys Season 5 Episode 9 'I am the Liquor'. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

After a few comments here I had a look again at the last minutes of Six Feet Under Again & it still is the best ending to TV series yet. Don't think that type of show can really be repeated - it must have been an interesting pitch meeting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

One of the final episoded of "Oz" where the inmates put on a musical, iirc. That was surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sunny - Mac is a Serial Killer, is a brilliant piece of comedy.

Also, The Gang Solve The Gas Crisis is up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

McSpud wrote: »
    After a few comments here I had a look again at the last minutes of Six Feet Under Again & it still is the best ending to TV series yet. Don't think that type of show can really be repeated - it must have been an interesting pitch meeting.
    I'm not sure I could sit through the closing moments of that show any more.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cp_mcg

ER-On the Beach. The Penultimate Episode of Season 8

This episode shows Dr. Mark Greene's spending his final days in Hawaii with his family.

Very powerful and when Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Somewhere over the Rainbow sends me into tears anytime I rewatch it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement