Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Episode EVAR!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

I would agree with Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos, just brilliant and very funny television.

Also concur with Season 4 finale of Breaking Bad. Epic from the first moment to that last final shot where we realise how low Walter White has sunk.

Another Breaking Bad episode I love is Half Measures, the penultimate episode of Season 3. The ending was unbelievable
    Jesse was, with a lot of justification, about to try and kill the two drug dealers responsible for Tomas' murder. But we knew that he didn't have a chance, he would be killed himself. As he approaches them, they draw their guns and get ready to shoot him. Then from nowhere a car comes and runs both of them over. Walt gets out, runs over to where one of them is still alive, legs mangled, he picks up the guys gun, shoots him in the head. Jesse is shocked at this point and we see a close up of Walt looking up at Jesse and saying "Run", immediately followed by the credits. Terrific television. Also in that episode was the excellent "No more half measures, Walter" monologue from Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I have a few.

Prison Break - Season 1 - Riots, Drills and the Devil.

Heroes - Season 1 - Company Man

Just two of many that stand out at this point of the night, might pop down a few more in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Buffy The Vampire Slayer 06x07: Once More With Feeling - One of the first shows to take a stab at doing a musical episode and they did it brilliantly... Kudos to Joss Whedon for writing all the songs as well...

+1 million....superb episode, i watched it live on Sky when it first aired over here. Had a huge smile on my face all the way through...oiginal and best! :)

Heroes - Season 1 - Company Man

+1 again, yup....the best episode of the entire series, really well done and scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Marge vs. the Monorail

Must have watched this episode 20 times and it never gets boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

A lot of good shouts so far. For me it was in season 4 of Mad Men, can't remember episode number but it was called the Suitcase. Favourite episode so far, television doesn't get much better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

One of my favourites was the finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It was really well done and instead of going out with a bang or some horrific revelation, it had a warm and fuzzy ending. Plus, it had the kick-ass future Enterprise in it.

The last series of Angel was full of great episodes. One where Angel turns into a Muppet is hilarious, and the finale of that was also excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Marge vs. the Monorail

Must have watched this episode 20 times and it never gets boring.

HAHA!!! Love that episode. "Not on your life my hindu friend":D

Also, Pine Barrens. Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

A lot of my favourites already mentioned but I've got to jump in and nominate the final episode of Six Feet Under - the closing montage is, for me, one of the most powerful sequences in any television show, ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Curb Tourette episode. The most perfect 1 minute of swearing in any tv show.

Breaking Bad - 2 Mexican gunmen ambush Hank. By making you care so much for the characters it helps to create amazing edge of seat tv. No other show does tension like this.

Southland
    detective killed by gang members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Have to agree with the OP

Two Cathedrals from the West Wing, the last few minutes with the Dire Straits song is the best few minutes of TV ever produced imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jurassic Bark-Futurama.

Such a heart breaking ending. Totes emosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭deisedude

So many of my favourite episodes already mentioned but by far the funniest episode of any show i have ever watched has to be Season 2 of the Simpsons and the episode Homer at the Bat. So many fantastic quotes and jokes in 20 minutes of side splittingly funny television

Two of my favourite moments include this quote:

Officer Eddie: (reading Steve Sax's license) Well well, Steve Sax, from New York City.
    Officer Lou: I heard some guy got killed in New York City and they never solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you, Steve?
    (Lou and Eddie laugh)
    Steve Sax: But there are hundreds of unsolved murders in New York City.
    Officer Lou: You don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you, Saxxy Boy?

and this bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Surprised no mention of any of the Star Trek series so I'll go with the next Generation episode on terrorism "the higher ground"- very brave and mature look at the subject (and stupid for mentioning a united ireland)

also would mention Skins 2x09 "Cassie"- recommended for anyone who believes this is just a show about teenagers acting stupid. funny, wacky and unbelievably sad

Soooo many memories, some classics in there....that ep. of DS9 was superb....

9fdedb2e802264484cf90a84ddff3564.jpg

Goldstein wrote: »
    Here's a few that come to mind:
    For benefit of those that mightn't have seen some of them, I'm not gonna say what they are, or what stage of the shows they occur - if you've seen 'em, you'll know.

Vgtud.jpg

MHVA4.jpg

jPv3H.jpg

aHcLg.jpg

UalKR.jpg

mIVKf.jpg

4ePjH.jpg

TQHzm.jpg

oPQMi.jpg

MilgM.jpg

Z8X3i.jpg

wvPAs.jpg

VcB6E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Scrubs -"My Screw Up" Season 03 Episode 14
    The one when Brendan Fraser (Jordans Brother, Coxs best friend) Dies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Also would have Lost Season 3 Episode 23 - The Looking Glass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

"Goodbye, Farewell and Amen." The feature length final episode of M*A*S*H, still one of the most widely watched TV shows in US history. Funny, frightening and very harrowing, I'll never forget the part where Hawkeye remembers the bus incident, still very upsetting today, and an excellent end to a class TV series.

As someone else said the end of Blackadder was brilliant as was the whole of the last ahow, showed the folly and madness of war like no other drama I've ever scene.

Jack Duckworths death in Coronation Street, I actually cried watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

South Park - Make Love Not Warcraft.
    Actually. The entire 10th season. Not a bad ep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_(season_10)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

No Deadwood yet so i'll nominate for greatest fight on camera. An amazing show which might have set the standard for future HBO & other premium cable shows.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

Ep. 9 of Game of Thrones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Some great mentions in here. Just watched last episode of season 1 of Homeland, Jesus, haven't been that tense watching anything in years, or ever maybe, heartbeat all over the place when they were in the bunker!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

sillo wrote: »
    A lot of my favourites already mentioned but I've got to jump in and nominate the final episode of Six Feet Under - the closing montage is, for me, one of the most powerful sequences in any television show, ever.

I don't think another TV show will ever come close for me to the emotional impact of that final episode.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

krudler wrote: »
    the one about the crap vampire thats narrated from both Mulder and Scully's differing points of view is hilarious, especially when it makes fun of the location/time/date that used to pop up on screen when they start bickering over the correct time and place things happens and it corrects itself, funny stuff.

really loved this episode, thanks for reminding me :D

really funny how when Mulder was describing things, the sherif was a buck-toothed clueless hillbilly, and when Scully was, he was the dashing lawman

such great touchs that make it timeless imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I'll throw in a nomination for Mad Men 4x07 - The Suitcase. You'd kinda have to have watched most of the series to get the pay-off in that episode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

opr wrote: »
    I don't think another TV show will ever come close for me to the emotional impact of that final episode.

Opr
    same except replace another TV show with another piece of popular entertainment

5 years later and i'm still dwelling on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Breaking Bad Season 4 Episode 9 - Gus and the cartel.

Everything about that episode and in particular that scene was incredible. The music compounded the scale (in the scheme of things) of what was happening too. Genius.

The second last episode of The Shield was brilliant. Very exciting and emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Birneybau wrote: »
    Jurassic Bark-Futurama.

Such a heart breaking ending. Totes emosh!

Is that the one with Frys dog in it who waits and waits and waits for him to come back to the Pizza parlour. It is without doubt the saddest thing I have ever seen on tv. Completely blindsided me the first time I saw it as I was not expecting THAT ending at all. If that episode comes on on repeat I wont watch it because it is so sad... cries man tears away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

The unit. Season 1 episode 1 and 4.

Advertisement