Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Meter - Powertap or wait for Garmin Vector?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Fazz wrote: »
    Powertap Hub can be got for around the €800 mark, and €100 to rebuild into existing wheel.

Defo the cheapest of the known reliable power meters.

edit - make that €700 now!... still seriously tempting.

I bought a SL+ for about €500 delivered 2 months ago.

Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycleops-SL-Powertap-Road-Bicycle-Hub-Shimano-24H-Black-Free-Shipping-/190663845057?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c647364c1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

big mce wrote: »
    Maybe they have upped their quality control and are making sure this product works on release!

:eek:

tunney wrote: »
    Don't know where you think you are getting the polar power meter + head unit for €1500-1600, try €2200-2300 :)

I've just got confirmation RRP for Ireland is going to be in the region of €1800. I expect to be able to get my hands on them for a wee bit better than that. Yet to find out if they are available without the head unit for existing Polar CS owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

vector is now delayed indefinitely............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

vector is now delayed indefinitely............

Indeed!

And with the cheap powertap links posted before its a no brainer now.

Still not high on priority list but soon I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

I'm glad I bought a powertap in February when they announced the previous delay, by the time this thing comes out and is bug free it's going to be at least a year, probably two.

feck it I cannot find the article about the polars alignment..........

By any chance is it this article?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

No :(

Perhaps I imagined it.

If the Polars work well, come down in price and BLE continues to get the support of the likes of Apple I can see writing on the wall for Garmin and ANT+

I should have Polars next week :D

Now I just need legs...

No :(

Perhaps I imagined it.

I'll keep looking
    If the Polars work well, come down in price and BLE continues to get the support of the likes of Apple I can see writing on the wall for Garmin and ANT+

Interesting analogy. My personal view is that there is a lot of similarity to how both companies launch products fast and furious and then tend to pick up the pieces on warranty returns. I have never had problems with any of my Polar stuff (or my FR305, to be fair) and find the Polar is always justified in their price point.

My work view: the premium you may pay for buying in Ireland (NB the recent 910xt, who was cheaper than Wiggle?) means you get like for like replacement over the counter for any warranty quibble. Saves postage & down time shipping back and forth and possibility of being picked up by C&E

• Advertisement
Advertisement