Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate things you've laughed at

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

They say special people were put on this earth to make us smile, so do the honour and don't patronizingly polarize them with sympathy but get on their wavelength. I wasn't laughing at him, but with him who is this 'thing' you refer to btw? We iz all the same people be it colour/ creed / IQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

and we talking about laughing to yourself [in your head] or propper laughing and giggling? in my head there is nothing out of bounds, but when there are other people around I make a quick check with myself and go for it if I feel its safe enough :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

When a 6y/o girl ran full speed into a sliding door that had several big red stickers that said "caution" on it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Was at work once, chatting with one of my coworkers when a huge black guy walked past the shop window, carrying an unboxed big screen TV in his hands. We both just sort of looked at each other and then erupted into laughter.

Another time (different work place) a girl picked up a leaking carton of milk from the shelf and spilled it all over her face & down her top. Just started pissing myself. Had to go hide out the back until she was gone.

My friend & I were walking through college one day and we passed a black midget dressed in lab coat, who was the spit of Gary Coleman, somehow managed to make it round the corner out of sight before we started laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I always laugh at the most inappropriate times.

I remember as a kid a neighbour of mine had a wife who was heavily pregnant & he needed to go ring the ambulance, so he trotted off down the road to another neighbours house (not everyone had phones back then).

So, being in a hurry he decided to jump over the garden wall into the garden of the house which had the phone. He slightly misjudged the jump and fell back onto the street side landing on his head, smacking his head pretty hard against the concrete on the footpath. He was ko'd and instantly began very loudly snoring in the middle of the street in broad daylight. I was creased up laughing at this, meanwhile everyone else was rushing to his aid, I think they needed 2 ambulances in the end (one for him and one for the wife). Could not stop laughing about that the entire time.

Another time, selling newspapers as a kid - we used to travel around in a van, a friend of mine also selling newspapers decided to jump on the back bumper of the van till the next stop, rather than get in the van like the rest of us. He decided to stand on the rear bumper and hold onto the roof with his fingernails. The driver didn't know he was there and drove off, cue me creased up in the back of the van looking out the back window at my mate hanging on for dear life. After a while he decided to chance it and let go & jump, trying to instantly run very very fast when he hit the ground, needless to say he pancaked on the road and I was again in a ball laughing.

Another one I remember was as a kid also selling papers round the doors, this time with a local psycho taking alternate houses each. This guy decided to jump over a front garden gate rather than open it. Clips his toe on the gate and goes flat on his face, cue me laughing my head off and hiding in the doorway of the next house (knowing this guy was a total psycho), anyway some kids across the road also see him fall and burst out laughing, so he ran over and started beating them up too (which I also thought was hilarious at the time).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

When I was in school, years ago, my best friend came into school bawling crying cos her kitten got rolled over. I actually roared laughing. I laughed so hard I started to cry as she launched into the explanation of how their mother accidentally rolled over its head on the way to school. It was just the way she said it...

I have a habit of laughing in extremely inappropriate situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Morlar wrote: »
    I always laugh at the most inappropriate times.

I remember as a kid a neighbour of mine had a wife who was heavily pregnant & he needed to go ring the ambulance, so he trotted off down the road to another neighbours house (not everyone had phones back then).

So, being in a hurry he decided to jump over the garden wall into the garden of the house which had the phone. He slightly misjudged the jump and fell back onto the street side landing on his head, smacking his head pretty hard against the concrete on the footpath. He was ko'd and instantly began very loudly snoring in the middle of the street in broad daylight. I was creased up laughing at this, meanwhile everyone else was rushing to his aid, I think they needed 2 ambulances in the end (one for him and one for the wife). Could not stop laughing about that the entire time.

Another time, selling newspapers as a kid - we used to travel around in a van, a friend of mine also selling newspapers decided to jump on the back bumper of the van till the next stop, rather than get in the van like the rest of us. He decided to stand on the rear bumper and hold onto the roof with his fingernails. The driver didn't know he was there and drove off, cue me creased up in the back of the van looking out the back window at my mate hanging on for dear life. After a while he decided to chance it and let go & jump, trying to instantly run very very fast when he hit the ground, needless to say he pancaked on the road and I was again in a ball laughing.

Another one I remember was as a kid also selling papers round the doors, this time with a local psycho taking alternate houses each. This guy decided to jump over a front garden gate rather than open it. Clips his toe on the gate and goes flat on his face, cue me laughing my head off and hiding in the doorway of the next house (knowing this guy was a total psycho), anyway some kids across the road also see him fall and burst out laughing, so he ran over and started beating them up too (which I also thought was hilarious at the time).

Just burst out laughing at all of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Morlar wrote: »
    After a while he decided to chance it and let go & jump, trying to instantly run very very fast when he hit the ground, needless to say he pancaked on the road and I was again in a ball laughing.

I just thanked you for your ingenius use of the word 'pancake' as a verb. Kudos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

When I was told my Grandmother had died I cracked up laughing.

Now to be fair she was an all merciful bitch! But that wasn't the reason I laughed (that was the reason I cracked a bottle of Dom) we had all been in the nursing home all week and one relative kept coming up to the waiting area saying "she's gone, she's gone". Said relative is a home help but thinks she is a neurosurgeon so when she came up this time I basically roared laughing ... turned out the old witch was actually dead this time. My mother and I felt kinda bad after it

I also laughed the time she passed out in our kitchen after a Sunday lunch, again my mother joined me in our roaring of laughing ... when we copped it was slightly more serious we again might have felt slightly bad ... I think I went to see her in the hospital that time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Few years back in Galway myself and a mate were sitting outside the hospital while another mate was inside getting his ankle x-rayed. Anyway we were sitting outside as we got kinda red eyed and were munching a super macs.

Then an ambulance pulled up. All silent and somber. Woman gets out obviously distraught and goes to the back of the ambulance where she is met by the paramedics and an elderly woman is rolled out on a trolley.

Things didn't look good.

My mate leans over to me and whispers in my ear "wouldn't it be terrible if we started laughing". I just managed to say you prick before the giggles started for the 2 of us. The trolley had to be rolled by us as we were right beside the door.

Oh I know that’s a massive mark against me on the karma scale and I will always grit my teeth when I think of this but you woulda done the same!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

When I heard Michael Jackson died

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I laugh everytime i splatter a bird or rabbit with my car.

Country around here is infested with the bastards. I worry about myself sometimes, after i caught myself aiming for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I once saw my boss call Mary McAleese a pig to her face. Probably never laughed so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was watching 22 bullets the other day and near the start of the movie a small dog gets blown away by a close range shotgun blast.

My mother and sister were in shock. Me and my father thought it was so funny we rewound it and watched it again. Just something about that scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 king_kong_ill

guy once told me he had cancer of the balls and i burst out laughing , i was twenty at the time , was the way he told it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Was at a funeral recently and, when viewing the body, I couldn't suppress the feeling that they were going to jump out of the coffin shouting 'Boo!'. Everyone thought I was distraught, but I was actually trying to suppress the giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I once saw my boss call Mary McAleese a pig to her face. Probably never laughed so hard.

Please share that story!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Three of us (me and two lads called Daithi and Gary) in the office were on a video call with the my manager's manager's manager (a big cheese!)! She was American and was late to the call, so we'd been waiting for her about 15 minutes. Her opening line was "Sorry for being late guys, but I've blown Gary off three times already today." I tried to keep somewhat of a straight face and replied "Really?" while the other two moved out of camera shot and were bent over double cracking up. I couldn't hold it but thankfully one of the lads closed the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bunch of women came into my shop and while I was talking to one of them the other behind her let out a ripper of a fart.

I looked at her, she went red, and I started going pink in the face trying not to laugh as I tried to continue talking to the other girl. My face probably looked like I put a 1000 sour sweets in my mouth....................until I got the rancid smell to which my face probably looked like I put a 1000 shìts in my mouth.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I was at my uncle's funeral standing at the graveside. He was a bit of a messer and not really one for mass or anything like that. Anyway, the priest started reading this passage from the bible that went something like "an so Jesus carried his yolk and his yolk was heavy," Michael would have pissed himself laughing at that and I couldnt stop giggling. Think I managed to disguise it as crying but I still got a few dirty looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

At my Grandad's removal years back, I was in the funeral home with my cousin and we were sitting with the family while people came around to offer their condolences.

Since they were all friends of my Grandad who lived down the country, none of them knew us, so they were all asking who we were, usual answer was "My name is X, I'm X's son".

For some reason though toward the end my cousin got confused and blurted out "I am Shane, son of John!".

Two of us were in stiches in the corner while everyone else was completely somber.
    Felt very guilty afterward...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Funny, but it's faked.

:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

When I was in my teens I called up to a friends house and she opened the door, her mother was making her way out this friend of mine said "the popes died" and I laughed.

I just didn't know what to say whoops, her mother thought I was some kind of demon child henceforth.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Funny, but it's faked.
    Really ,I heard he was sacked because of it!

Advertisement