Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tGC Beers in Cassidys - Part 2 : Friday the 13th April,Come if you dare,wooooooooo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

After a (very quick) search, O'Reilly's seems to be wheelchair accessible including toilets. Possible option?
    Where? I thought they were up stairs, I could be mistaken. Also as Drav says it's very rocky on Saturday nights!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pembily wrote: »
    Where? I thought they were up stairs, I could be mistaken. Also as Drav says it's very rocky on Saturday nights!

The wimmins toilets are upstairs. Men's toilets are on the ground floor and there's a disabled toilet next to that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

How's about we wait and see if Mental Mickey can make any of the dates before we restrict our options!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

21st of April is 3 days after mah birthday,just sayin like.

2 days after mine...

As in the Sublounge under Tara St station?

Good spot, 3.20 pints.

Only thing is it tends to be quite packed on a Fridays and they do a rock/metal bar thing on Saturdays (which may not be to everyones taste).

You almost need to bring a gun into that place if you want to get served.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

G-Money wrote: »

Yeah, tend to get in a couple of rounds for myself at a time when I go there.

Daisies wrote: »
    How's about we wait and see if Mental Mickey can make any of the dates before we restrict our options!

He has been PMed with the details.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    He has been PMed with the details.

Look at you being super organised and stuff!

Pem for president!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

G-Money wrote: »

They let me pour my own heavily discounted pints when I tried that last. :pac:

There is not enough room in that place on a weekend if we have an in any way sizable crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

In relation to O Reilly's we had the ART X mas beers there and worked out okay. Got a few tables early and were far enough away from the music that could still have a conversation (or maybe we were shouting and just didnt realise it after a few too many:D)

Admittedly the size of the group was about half the size of the last TGC beers

• Advertisement

I was only in oreillys once, was solely from the toilets pov!

I'm just after realising that the 13th and 14th is the weekend after Easter and I'm usually away for that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't know if O'Reillys is great for the mingling. The Rock night Saturdays is a bit too much for me! :pac::o Reeeeeally cheeeeep though!

Anyone been to The Garage in Templebar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I'm going to stick my 2cents in for D2 again :D

Drinks (bottles) are cheap, $3, the bar area on the ground floor is huge, grand for a chat (can hear the music, but it's not that loud) and for those who want to dance, the basement is where the club is.

For the smokers among us - me for one, the smoking area is also huge and not to noisy, you can hear the music, but you can still have a decent chat.

I went to a meetup group, who obviously meet for chat, in D2 last month.

They also have a private area, to the side of the club, which is were the group met. If there's interest I can give them a ring and ask about it, how to book it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Larianne wrote: »
    I don't know if O'Reillys is great for the mingling. The Rock night Saturdays is a bit too much for me! :pac::o Reeeeeally cheeeeep though!

Anyone been to The Garage in Templebar?

Not enough Bon Jovi?

I hear good reports about The Garage, but it always looks prrrretty jammed, so maybe not a great spot for a turnout like last time.
    I'm going to stick my 2cents in for D2 again :D

Drinks (bottles) are cheap, $3, the bar area on the ground floor is huge, grand for a chat (can hear the music, but it's not that loud) and for those who want to dance, the basement is where the club is.

For the smokers among us - me for one, the smoking area is also huge and not to noisy, you can hear the music, but you can still have a decent chat.

I went to a meetup group, who obviously meet for chat, in D2 last month.

They also have a private area, to the side of the club, which is were the group met. If there's interest I can give them a ring and ask about it, how to book it etc

What are their bouncers like? Don't need anybody being aggro just because somebody is rocking a pair of cons or something.

Haven't been to the place in years, but it was very stereotypical nightclub back then, the masses in pale shirts and not a tweed jacket in sight. Also based on the queues, it's pretty mental at the weekends. And do you have to pay in?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

friday the 13th are you crazy!:eek:, them fridays i call i sick into work wrap my self in bubble wrap and cotton wool, and stay inside the wholeeeeee day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll go this time.... Honest. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'll go this time.... Honest. :pac:

I will bully you and Panthro until ye go!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    What are their bouncers like? Don't need anybody being aggro just because somebody is rocking a pair of cons or something.

Haven't been to the place in years, but it was very stereotypical nightclub back then, the masses in pale shirts and not a tweed jacket in sight. Also based on the queues, it's pretty mental at the weekends. And do you have to pay in?

OK, I'd no problems with bouncers, but then I was wearing suits. But not many others did, so I dont think any problems with them

As for paying... taken from the site here
    dtwo

D|two have a variety of function rooms to cater for all occasions, be it a birthday, farewell or corporate event, D|two will have a room that will be right for you. If you were looking to do something on a more informal basis we would be happy to reserve a table(s) in the bar - There is no cost involved here and gives you access all areas (including the club).

Having said that the last 'do' I was at there (last month) was a private room, but I at least didn't have to pay.

Also note the cheap beer, its €4, not €3 as I said, but so is wine, and cocktails are €5
    Also that deal is only on Friday nights

Full details here

With regards to D2, I thought they stopped letting people into the bar after a certain time, so you've no choice but to go in through the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

D2??? NOOOOOOOOO

• Advertisement

With regards to D2, I thought they stopped letting people into the bar after a certain time, so you've no choice but to go in through the club?

Couldn't say. I've always been there by 8ish

Could email them if there's enough interest.

Besides, I'm thinking I could get a room if I was going to be there for the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Besides, I'm thinking I could get a room if I was going to be there for the night :)

Ooh after party! :D

Dovies wrote: »

Actually that's a point. We had a work Christmas party there. The rooms were €30 for a double. With some minor caveats :)

They were over the night club, which was fine since we were in the club until it closed. But they are also over the trash compactor, which went all night and wasn't as fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Dovies wrote: »

:eek: :eek:

I think it's after like about 10 or 11pm they stop letting people in through the street level entrance. Actually, I'm guessing it's 11pm as I'm 99.9% sure that's when the club opens. I've been in there a few times earlier in the night and been waiting for the club to open and I'm almost sure it's about 11pm that they say it's open and people start heading down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Shouldn't the location be voted on before the date? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Samich wrote: »
    Shouldn't the location be voted on before the date? :)

But if we work out the date then people can say whether they'll be free then or not :cool:

But if we work out the date then people can say whether they'll be free then or not :cool:

But it could depend on the location? :P

And also people are recommending pubs yet it might be in a different county :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Whilst not shooting anything down or being rude, I would say the chances of it being outside of Dublin are small so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much Samich.

Exactly, thus my vote in the poll is invalid and could skew the results.

Advertisement