Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk v Chris Brown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Strangely, it'll be girls who he's be alienating with this too! Dudes aren't into Chris Brown, his entire fanbase is female and this is what a lot of them think about him!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/horrible-reactions-to-chris-brown-at-the-grammys
    BohsJohnny wrote: »
    eek.gif bloody hell guy beats a girl half to death and thats the way people react to him christ the world has gone mad.

Those twitter comments from those women are bloody terrible. I know one could say "oh thats only a select few" ... well the guy is still selling records! Still selling thousands of tickets to his gigs! So how 'small' can that mind set be then.

Pssh, just another example of how people are as*holes in this world. I tell you if I beat up my girlfriend I'd be a scumbag to anyone who knows me. What, but I would be "different" then? because i aint famous?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

cm-punk-in-stone-cold-shirt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

cian68 wrote: »
    cm-punk-in-stone-cold-shirt.jpg

... :pac:
    An interesting image alright.
    I would love to hear what Punk would say about the Austin and Debra thing now ;)

Most likely put a spin on his answer. But I was just reading the twitter comments on the Punk video. My god there are alot of as*holes out there. People are trying to twist it into a racial thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

According to TMZ, the 22-year-old also wrote another message which he appears to have deleted since.
    Brown is reported to have said: "@CMpunk needs more followers. He's such a leader! Not to mention the roids hes on has made it utterly impossible for him pleasure a women."
    CM Punk has always claimed in the past to have never used drugs or steroids.

I say Brown hasnt a clue who Punk is :p

Rihanna must have forgiven him she is recording music with him again

Ironically since he beat her up Brown's career has sky rocketed big time as did Rihanna's career

I think WWE used the song Champion which featured Brown for a ppv or tv show last year

I dont condone with Brown did, it was despicable but why has Punk started this twitter feud now?

Anyways Punk isnt exactly known for treating his lady friends well either granted he dont beat them up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Punk is doing exactly what WWE wants people to do; he's garnering good publicity on a mainstream level through twitter. Considering the big thing about Cena is he's the closest they have to a mainstream star, this can only lead to good things for Punk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

wwe.com are covering it,

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/cm-punk-chris-brown-twitter-war
    WWE Champion CM Punk lashed out against singer Chris Brown on Twitter Monday, becoming a top story and trend on Twitter, TMZ, E!Online, Mediabistro, OK! Magazine New York Daily News, and numerous other media sites worldwide as SmackDown aired live on Syfy tonight.

"I would like @chrisbrown fight somebody that can defend themselves," Punk tweeted out to his more than 650,000 followers on Monday before Raw SuperShow.

Brown shot back at the WWE Champion Monday in this since-deleted tweet. "@CMpunk needs more followers. He's such a leader! Not to mention the roids hes on has made it utterly impossible for him pleasure a women." The singer continued, "@CMpunk contact my assistant and I'll have em send u an autographed pic for my biggest FAN!!!"

In 2009 Brown was convicted of felony assault against singing sensation Rihanna and was recently criticized for a Twitter outburst after this year's Grammys.

CM Punk responded Tuesday evening with a video reply to Brown "@CMPunk http://twitvid.com/4CAPE - This must be said."

Brown replied minutes after Punk's video was posted on Twitter. "@cmpunk the video u just posted was cute! It's so funny how defensive u are," he continued. "And the fact that I really don't know who you are and could give a [expletive] is the funny part! I really hope this 15 minutes of fame is paying you for the long run becuz music last forever! Wrestlers come and go according to ratings!"

The Grammy Award winner was still tweeting about the situation as SuperSmackDown went live on Syfy. "I miss the real wrestlers! ( Hacksaw Jim duggan, Brett the hitman heart, coco beware, rowdy roddy piper) #Notnopunks. THE ROCK #Notnopunks."

Before Chris Brown seemingly signed off for the night, telling his Twitter followers it was time to get "back to the music," his hashtag #Notnopunks was the No. 1 trend on Twitter, while WWE Champion Punk entered the ring for his match against World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan on a special live SuperSmackDown.

But Brown wasn't finished for the night. He tweeted again "Note:today will be the last day I bring @cmpunk existence up!The confrontations that people continuously bring my way are very amusing. Cuz honestly, that [expletive] is too time consuming to argue wit every person who has their own issues to deal with!"

After Punk finished his Champion vs. Champion Match while still a Twitter trending topic on SuperSmackDown, the WWE Champion tweeted once more for the night simply stating: "#aintnowomanbeater."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Jake187 wrote: »
    ... :pac:
    An interesting image alright.
    I would love to hear what Punk would say about the Austin and Debra thing now ;)

Most likely put a spin on his answer. But I was just reading the twitter comments on the Punk video. My god there are alot of as*holes out there. People are trying to twist it into a racial thing.

In regard to the Austin thing, didn't austin admit to it, apologise for it and make ammends and didn't shy away from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,061 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

breakingnews.ie here in Ireland is covering it...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/wrestler-issues-challenge-to-brown-540802.html
    Chris Brown has been challenged to a no-holds barred fight for charity by wrestler CM Punk.

The 'Deuces' singer and the WWE champion have become embroiled in a war of words after the grappler took to his twitter account and said he wanted to "curb stomp that turd" Chris for assaulting his ex-girlfriend Rihanna in February 2009.

R&B star Chris responded on his twitter page by mocking Punk - real name Phil Brooks - and suggesting he took steroids.

He tweeted: "@CMpunk needs more followers. He's such a leader! Not to mention the roids hes on has made it utterly impossible for him pleasure a women.

"@CMpunk contact my assistant and I'll have em send u an autographed pic for my biggest FAN! (sic)"

Punk has now posted a video online telling the 22-year-old star he is "not a man" and issuing a challenge to meet him in the ring with all proceeds from the bout going to a women's shelter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Chris Brown @chrisbrown
    I miss the real wrestlers! ( Hacksaw Jim duggan, Brett the hitman heart, coco beware, rowdy roddy piper) #Notnopunks

not sure if his tweet or PR team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Real Wrestlers like Coco Beware, Brett Harte, Jack the Snake, Hunk Hogan, Andrew the Giant, Ricky Steamfloat, Horny Savage & Rodney Piper. I hope nobody tells this guy that whisper it "it wasn't real in the 80's".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

tWlVK.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

CMpunked wrote: »
    I would love brown to sign up to it after being told by his friends that punk is just a "fake fighter" to completely overlook his maui thai background. :pac:
    true dat

just dont show chris brown this video, as they will DEFINITELY never fight then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder what Jericho thinks of this. Can't imagine he's thrilled.

Chris Jericho wrote the following on Twitter about the CM Punk vs. Chris Brown Twitter war:

"Glad to see @cmpunk wasting his time threatening rappers. I don't care about anybody else's business except mine-which is winning at WM28."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dancor wrote: »
    becoming a top story and trend on Twitter, TMZ, E!Online, Mediabistro, OK! Magazine New York Daily News, and numerous other media sites worldwide as SmackDown aired live on Syfy tonight.

''Notice us! Please!''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I never pay for PPVs.

But I would pay good money to see CM Punk kick seven shades of sh1t out of Chris Brown. I'm sure some of his brain-dead fans would also sign up. Make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Stolen from YLYL:

brownpunk1.png

Punk wins imo. Brown is making himself look like an even bigger tool than he actually is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Who needs Cena v Rock!

Brown must be a bit simple. He responds to Punk, mentions steroids etc proving he knows who is Punk but then says he doesn't know who Punk is.

He wouldn't get on any debate teams, maybe a hebateswomen team

DM-ICE wrote: »
    He wouldn't get on any debate teams, maybe a hebateswomen team

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

In all honesty though I would pay 20 quid for CM Punk to have a full on muay thai/MMA match with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

In fairness, I don't think Punk should have tweeted what he did in the first place. No need to comment and pass judgement in public like that, what Chris Brown did was of no relevance to him.

Everyone else posts tweets passing judgement, why shouldn't Punk. His character is opinionated and it's good that he's that way in real life (or is he in character when he tweets?). Either way, he doesn't look the kind of guy who will avoid posting an opinion because it could reflect bad. Like he said in the video he doesn't hire publicists like a lot of other celebrities. It can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He also said in his video that he didn't mean to reply directly to Chris Brown (I'm guessing punk used @chrisbrown instead of Chris Brown or something), so Punk was only giving his own opinion, which he is entitled to do, and wasn't intentionally trying to start a twitter war or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

^ sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

VagnerLove wrote: »
    ^ sarcasm?

No.*

*I realise that by typing No, you might also think the No is sarcastic, meaning Yes. But I genuinely wasn't being sarcastic. He said in the video he didn't mean to directly mention Chris Brown (If you say Chris Brown in a tweet, chances are he won't see it. If you say @chrisbrown (his username) chances are he will see it). So Punk was just giving his opinion and Chris Brown saw it and then this whole thing started. But I don't think Punk actually intended to start what has happened (though he's more than capable of handling himself in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

Haha, just wasn't sure!

I'm asking because I don't know, surely he did mean to mention Chris Brown directly? Everyone on twitter understands the @ thing.

The WWE probably shouldn't go overboard on Brown they are putting Mike Tyson in the HOF and have used Floyd Mayweather in the past too. I'd hate for TMZ or E! to throw that back at them. Even though like anyone I hate the sight of Chris Brown and his shat music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    He also said in his video that he didn't mean to reply directly to Chris Brown (I'm guessing punk used @chrisbrown instead of Chris Brown or something), so Punk was only giving his own opinion, which he is entitled to do, and wasn't intentionally trying to start a twitter war or anything

But he didn't say that.

What he said was "I never intended to include Chris Brown's name in one of my tweets to start some sort of a controversy or to gain publicity or anything like that..."

He's not saying he didn't mean to @reply Chris Brown.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    The WWE probably shouldn't go overboard on Brown they are putting Mike Tyson in the HOF and have used Floyd Mayweather in the past too. I'd hate for TMZ or E! to throw that back at them. Even though like anyone I hate the sight of Chris Brown and his shat music.

Wouldn't be surprised if they dug out Jericho punching Mrs. HBK again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Or Bubba Ray Dudley putting Mae Young through a table :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/03/05/brown.warrant.pdf

There's a link to the police report on Browns Assault.

I'm not a Rihanna fan by any means, but fùck.... :eek: and she's back making music with him etc again....

I'd love to see Punk slap the Anaconda Vice onto this scumbag:D

TNA star Kurt Angle temporarily chimed in on the C.M. Punk and Chris Brown Twitter feud on Tuesday night. "I agree that C.M. Punk is right about Chris Brown," Angle wrote. "But why are you involved? For publicity? Punk talks a good game. But for what? More Twitter..." Powell's POV: I would provide a link to Angle's Twitter page, but surely he wouldn't want to gain publicity from sticking his nose in what he believes is a publicity stunt. Angle apparently thought better of the tweet and deleted it shortly after posting it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Once again Powell's POV is absolutly useless. Why is it even still included?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

GTR63 wrote: »
    TNA star Kurt Angle temporarily chimed in on the C.M. Punk and Chris Brown Twitter feud on Tuesday night. "I agree that C.M. Punk is right about Chris Brown," Angle wrote. "But why are you involved? For publicity? Punk talks a good game. But for what? More Twitter..." Powell's POV: I would provide a link to Angle's Twitter page, but surely he wouldn't want to gain publicity from sticking his nose in what he believes is a publicity stunt. Angle apparently thought better of the tweet and deleted it shortly after posting it last night.

The same Kurt Angle that was arrested for sitting in a car outside a starbucks stalking his ex that I believe he has also smacked around at one stage??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement