Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYPAL TO DUNDALK

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

danrua01 wrote: »
    Im going to apply for jobs AS you and then do a completely half-arsed job, therefore giving you a bad name throughout the land.

Point proven

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I'm also going to use your phone number to phone into quiz shows and give completely wrong answers. Humiliation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Also, why would anybody refer a complete stranger for a job?

Just send your CV in directly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Because the referrer gets money if the applicant is successful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

100%!

Maybe I'll split it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The Enemies

Paypal has become a really toxic place to work over the last number of months and for many the pressure has become too much. Absenteeism due to stress is at an all time high and many of the staff are suffering from high levels of anxiety and stress. People who have left due to the current working environment have not been replaced which in turn has led to others sharing the extra workload which in itself brings its own worries. Staff feel like they are constantly being bullied and are not getting any support from TL's or management.
    Rumours are rife that some of us may have to commute to Ballycoolin if we are to keep our jobs. Other departments are worried about the roll out of automation, which will literally make many roles redundant. There is an air of despondency over both sites. Are the IDA grants coming to an end?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭youcantakethat

Paypal has become a really toxic place to work over the last number of months and for many the pressure has become too much. Absenteeism due to stress is at an all time high and many of the staff are suffering from high levels of anxiety and stress. People who have left due to the current working environment have not been replaced which in turn has led to others sharing the extra workload which in itself brings its own worries. Staff feel like they are constantly being bullied and are not getting any support from TL's or management.
    Rumours are rife that some of us may have to commute to Ballycoolin if we are to keep our jobs. Other departments are worried about the roll out of automation, which will literally make many roles redundant. There is an air of despondency over both sites. Are the IDA grants coming to an end?

A neighbour works there and he says he heard a rumour they will downsize if and when the EU changes corporation tax rates here, and that our government will have to agree to EU tax rate harmonisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A neighbour works there and he says he heard a rumour they will downsize if and when the EU changes corporation tax rates here, and that our government will have to agree to EU tax rate harmonisation.

When is the corporation tax rate changing?

When is the corporation tax rate changing?

It is the uncertainty, and it is no secret the EU is unhappy about our tax arrangements with multinationals. Last year in the Irish Times there was a study "Ireland is the world’s biggest corporate ‘tax haven’, say academics"

• Advertisement
    M

It is the uncertainty, and it is no secret the EU is unhappy about our tax arrangements with multinationals. Last year in the Irish Times there was a study "Ireland is the world’s biggest corporate ‘tax haven’, say academics"

Cheers for the heads up, I will register the luxury yacht in Belize based on your inside information :pac:

Cheers for the heads up, I will register the luxury yacht in Belize based on your inside information :pac:

Its not inside information, if you google it you will see that outside Ireland, we are widely seen as a tax haven for multinationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You'll have change your username to Carribbean Dawn then :D:D:D.

M

Its not inside information, if you google it you will see that outside Ireland, we are widely seen as a tax haven for multinationals.

All legit, perhaps 'dodgy' but legit.

All legit, perhaps 'dodgy' but legit.

Word in financial circeles is that the EU has stood by Ireland over Brexit but we may well have to pay Europe back...EU leaders will put pressure on Ireland over corporate tax. Who knows.

M

Word in financial circeles is that the EU has stood by Ireland over Brexit but we may well have to pay Europe back...EU leaders will put pressure on Ireland over corporate tax. Who knows.

Yes I think we are going to be a major fall guy, if there's a hard brexit it will make the recession of 2008 look like a great bit of craic.

Yes I think we are going to be a major fall guy, if there's a hard brexit it will make the recession of 2008 look like a great bit of craic.

Possibly. Or maybe not, I would much prefer to see all sides wanting to make Brexit work for everyone at this stage. The EU attitude that Britain must be punished (to discourage other countries like Italy from leaving the EU) is not helpful in my opinion, but shure what do I know.

Hopefully solutions can be found. Anyway lets hope Paypal and other multinationals stay big employers here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If anything brexit will guarantee our corporate tax rates will remain untouched for years to avoid a double-shock to the economy. The commentators can begrudge our rates all they like but we retain tax autonomy in any case. Would require a change and agreement to EU taxation policies which Ireland wouldnt agree to unless those Shinner/AAAPBP idiots ever somehow managed to get control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Two Sams

Shut the front door.

Massive redundancies announced this afternoon, across the board. Maeve didn’t even tell me in advance.

Someone get me some more Solpadeine Plus. I’m not signing one of those NDA’s.

Keep it under your hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

There were a tonne laid off in the States the other day as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Something not right last couple of months. Heard the head woman in paypal Dundalk jumped ship to Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Something not right last couple of months. Heard the head woman in paypal Dundalk jumped ship to Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

https://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/paypal-to-shed-20-jobs-in-dublin-and-dundalk-in-restructure-38241801.
    PAYPAL is cutting about 20 staff in Dublin and Dundalk "to enhance the way we operate", the online payments giant said yesterday.

A spokesman told the Irish Independent the layoffs reflected PayPal's need to stay ahead in a rapidly evolving industry.

"From time to time, we conduct small-scale restructuring efforts to align teams to support key business priorities ... to continually enhance the way we operate," he said.

PayPal declines to specify current employment levels at its European services hub in Dublin or its Dundalk unit. PayPal's most recent filing with Irish authorities put total 2017 jobs at 2,443.

PayPal has stressed it plans to keep investing here.

It lists 54 open positions here - 40 in Dublin, 14 in Dundalk - ranging from director of EMEA employment legal affairs to seven posts requiring fluency in German, others in French, Russian and Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Two Sams

<snip>

Please dont post stuff that can identify individuals.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Sounds more like a Love Island update than a real office. I want more.

Advertisement