Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon XT Power Adapter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭martinosullivan

On GE panels in order to implement x10 lighting the power supply needs to be a Class 2 power line carrier power supply. The X10 function on the XT was questionable as to weather it could be implemented. I'd love to see a picture of the power supply they fitted in your panel.

Well the panel is out of warranty, so I can open it and take a picture of it.

will do it at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Well the panel is out of warranty, so I can open it and take a picture of it.

will do it at the weekend.
    If you could that would be great

I am not sure if I should comment on the post, as I am actually the person selling the power supply in question.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/phone-watch-replacement-power-supply/11324221

But if it helps this power supply was removed from a phone watch panel, by phone watch when they were installing the lighting module.

I have no idea why it was necessary to remove the power supply to add a lighting module, however they removed it and I have had it sitting on a shelf ever since. I don t want to throw it away, so if someone wants it they can have it.

Actually if anyone can explain why it had to be removed, that would be interesting.

Anyway I hope I am not breaking the rules, as I am the advertiser.

On GE panels in order to implement x10 lighting the power supply needs to be a Class 2 power line carrier power supply. The X10 function on the XT was questionable as to weather it could be implemented. I'd love to see a picture of the power supply they fitted in your panel.
    398227.jpg398228.jpg398229.jpg398230.jpg

I am not sure if I should comment on the post, as I am actually the person selling the power supply in question.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/phone-watch-replacement-power-supply/11324221

But if it helps this power supply was removed from a phone watch panel, by phone watch when they were installing the lighting module.

I have no idea why it was necessary to remove the power supply to add a lighting module, however they removed it and I have had it sitting on a shelf ever since. I don t want to throw it away, so if someone wants it they can have it.

Actually if anyone can explain why it had to be removed, that would be interesting.

398231.jpg398232.jpg398233.jpg

398234.jpg

398235.jpg398236.jpg

• Advertisement

Are they pictures of the power supply that was removed.

Are they pictures of the power supply that was removed.

Those are pictures of the new power supply. Which was put in when phone watch fitted the lighting module.

Pictures of the original power supply are here.

as you can see the original power supply has very few components on it. If you want more pictures of the original power supply, I can send them on to you.

Those are pictures of the new power supply. Which was put in when phone watch fitted the lighting module.

as you can see the original power supply has very few components on it. If you want more pictures of the original power supply, I can send them on to you.

No need. They replaced your old supply with a power line carrier card included in the power supply. The PLC card allows for the x10 signal to pass from the control panel through your house wiring. I assume you have at least one light switch in the house that will flash when you arm/disarm and when the alarm sounds.

You can do a lot with x10 and add additional lighting and appliance modules to automate your home. There's plenty on the subject if you google it.

No need. They replaced your old supply with a power line carrier card included in the power supply. The PLC card allows for the x10 signal to pass from the control panel through your house wiring. I assume you have at least one light switch in the house that will flash when you arm/disarm and when the alarm sounds.

You can do a lot with x10 and add additional lighting and appliance modules to automate your home. There's plenty on the subject if you google it.

Now it all becomes clear. I thought that the lighting module was wireless. I did not realize that it was actually going through the electrical wiring of the house.

Advertisement