Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners brokers - Money Taken

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

keetzer wrote: »
    I joined bb in dec with €500. my account is now €2,775.

I personally know several people who have withdrawn money from the company.

Again no evidence of hard cash being withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MasterTronic

smeharg wrote: »
    [/LEFT]

Again no evidence of hard cash being withdrawn.

hi guys, im new in BannersBroker... and im brand new in this Forum
    i actually joined becouse of this thread.

Im not here to defend Banners Broker, im here to find out more about them, good and bad info.

i think the easiest way to know if something actually works is by actually trialing it... until you actually in it, you are just speculating...

Im not on any side in particular... smeharg why don´t you just try it investment is minimal... look for someone you know that is actualy in the system and tryal it... you will then understand it much better... its not a multylevel ar any of its king..., it has very strait rules and it is legit.

Why are asking for people to prove the it works to put info here?... its all online... im honest, i think it is to good to be true... but if i didn´t think like this i could be very well of financially like my 2 friends that joined a long time ago.

When Banners Broker first started, i was invited to go in and... honestly i thought... what a scam... (i didn´t really look in to the concept or anything like that) :)... this was over one year ago in the UK when the company had nothing to show for them selves.... now it has. 8 month ago i moved to Portugal, another good friend of mine came with the same story... again i though... another one ....

but i have been studding the company... and they are for real... maybe im wrong... i still cant really believe it... so i have to actuary trial and see what comes out.

just to let you know my 2 good friends are now very well.. they are not rich but they are living good, one of them was in a really bad financial situation a year ago!

from what i have seen so far, you get your money back plus a return, but if you what to keep going you have to reinvest (just like any ohter business). So people claim very high gains... but its no quit like that...
    to be honest the ones claiming the most money are the ones that are actually not earning that much.

one thing is true, and i have personally test it... i have a website which im advertising with banners via banners broker... and they definitely deliver what they promise in impressions... then it depends on how good the banner is.. if it is a good banner offering something... you get loads of hits!! :) This Works.

now i testing the rest! :)

keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 42 the_juice

sirreally wrote: »
    Hi Sirreally,
    You know when your online and a news flash like "two arrested for bank robbery" or the latest deal from vodafone appears accross your screen..
    well that is a banner add...its all about product awareness in your face...each time "vodafone" appear they must pay google etc. fractions of a cent....But if you click on the link and you are directed to the vodafone web site they must pay even more....and thats called "pay per click".

The company uses your money to buy web space....the more they have to spend...the more they can buy..and the cheaper they can get it.
    A yellow panel for example costs €10 and needs 4,500 impressions to finish and cycles out at €20. The company keeps any revenue generated above the 4,500 impressions. Simple as !
    I hope this gives you a rough idea
    Regards,
    Keetzer

I fully understand how online advertising works; I was asking how this system works. Now, rather than giving us "a rough idea", please oblige by fully answering the question. Please ensure you include answers to the following specific questions:

1. Am I correct in saying that Banners Broker claims to use your money to purchase advertising space from third party websites, then sells that advertising space to advertisers (either directly or through an advertising network)?

2. What evidence did Banners Broker provide to you that your €500 was actually spent on advertising space?

3. What evidence did Banners Broker provide to you that the €2,275 profit you are claiming was generated by advertising sales?

4. Did Banners Broker provide you with a full list of its partner websites?

5. Do you get independently audited reports showing what ads were placed there, and how many impressions & clicks they received?

Thanks in advance.

Bb buys ad space in an open market place and then sells to highest bidder. Just like bulk buying the more cash you have the more spending power you have. At the moment they are able to purchase space from 200k websites that are part of a blind network and will have access to more as the membership grows.

The money you deposit is used to buy adspace and you also receive impressions to use for your own business. If you like you can load your own banner and start a campaign that can target individual cities or areas around the globe. I haven't got a business so use my impressions to promote my own bb link while a friend who has a business loads his own and we have seen his banner show up on Various websites through bb.

The only evidence that you can see your money is being generated from ad sales is the individual representation of your panels you are renting which show what site it is placed on and the revenue that goes up in increments every day,it's not a live representation as the info is gathered throughout the day. No traffic to your ads = no revenue that's why you can pay for traffiic. This means a third party is paid to direct traffic to a page containing your ads when some one searches for the product who's page your ad is placed on. When you reach your cap you are released from that space and bb continue to own that space to continue making money from it over and over again.

They are part of a blind network but from what I gather will be part of an open network soon if the person wishes. Some websites that they use have been listed as in they showed some like metcafe in their presentations.

You can get a report on your campaign ie your click through ratio (CTR) per impressions sent out of you wish. Dont know If they are independent to be fair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Look I dont have all the answers,i didnt claim to.

So you're unsure how it works but because they keep telling you your money is increasing you carry on regardless?

Fluffy statements like 5% of the world own 95% of the yadda yadda yadda mean nothing. Statements suggesting you try it based on the success of a friend of a friend the same.

You either understand exactly how this works or you don't. If you don't I would suggest that Banner Brokers are quite happy about that.

Essentially the earlier you get in, and the more you put in the higher you are and you're the first to profit (and by the most) subject to the downstream continuing to flow.

Sounds like a pyramid to me.

Try it, it works also sounds like how every other pyramid scheme started.

First time posters may now form an orderly queue to post equally wooly anecdotal evidence in support of Banner Brokers without being able to explain how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

I started this thread and just to update everyone, we have still not scourced our money.

My OH singed up to this on review from friends, who also gave all of the above information and it is working for them and they reccomend it, however his money is now missing.

He payed through a site that banner broker takes you to called solidtrustpay.com and this is where you transfer the money to purchase the panels.

Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

I've been just approached by a customer of mine, who is a member of Banner Brokers.
    This just sounds to good to be true and of cos I’m always in need of more money, since I keep running out money on a regular basis.
    However, I do not have €500 to check out if it may or maybe not work out, so I won’t.

He claims, that he doubled his initial investment of €500 after just 5 weeks.

Ponzie or not… ?
    I’ve got a website, so why not hire that ad space out to Banner Brokers, right - Cut out the middle man.
    So I goggled just that and I found no Banner Brokers to buy my space – damn.
    So, either they are so small, that Google does not find them, or Banner Broker does not know how to direct to their website….. or just maybe it’s a scam. The only way, I would be able to sell them ad-space is on their website http://www.bannersbroker.com

Info site:
    http://howbannersbrokerworks.blogspot.com/

So, what I’m saying is: It may not be a scam (which I doubt), but it sure looks to me to shady to invests my scars money into - Especially since my customer seemed eager for me to join up with them, since he then gets a “bonus”.

It's noticeable that banner brokers themselves don't mention specifics about doubling your money yet their customers (investors) talk about nothing else.

Could it be because that's because they want to sell packages to the new downstream.

Surely if you're using a broker to buy or sell something, it's because you want to buy what they're selling or vice-versa. That doesn't appear to be the case with banner brokers.

Getting a bonus for referring more customers (agents) certainly smells like your typical pyramid scheme.

Nobody is selling shares Keetzer, they are 'selling' banners. There is a massive difference.

I think you'll find there are very strict controls around offering shares for sale to members of the public.

If you're in a position to help curranbun that is only to be applauded, it's also confusing considering you're still unable to say how this investment works.

Out of interest could I ask if you have any connection with BannerBrokers? I'm not accusing you of being a shill but the fact that you're such an advocate for them, are able to help curranbun, along with being in the same city as the BannerBrokersIreland Virtual Office could raise questions.

CurranBun wrote: »
    I started this thread and just to update everyone, we have still not scourced our money.

My OH singed up to this on review from friends, who also gave all of the above information and it is working for them and they reccomend it, however his money is now missing.

He payed through a site that banner broker takes you to called solidtrustpay.com and this is where you transfer the money to purchase the panels.

Anyone any ideas?

Look here:
    http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=138007

Seams like either solidtrustpay.com is a scam as well, or that it's being misused like many other online payment poviders.

Is it so wrong to try and help a person in distress if you have the ability?

Not at all, I think you'll see I applauded you for it.

FYI, Regus provide everything from virtual offices up-to serviced offices, there is a possibility BannersBrokersIreland has no physical presence there at all other than to collect the mail ever now and then.

In fact their registered office is several miles from Mahon Point.

• Advertisement

Good luck to anybody, who is investing..... I heard about other "deals" that where no pyramid scheme... and the opening line was: "It's not a pyramid scheme..." until they fell apart… some people got rich and lots of people paid for it.

Graham wrote: »

FYI, Regus provide everything from virtual offices up-to serviced offices, there is a possibility BannersBrokersIreland has no physical presence there at all other than to collect the mail ever now and then.

hi graham,

what is wrong with trying to defend something you believe in even if it would be your first post or not as another reply said? i think i did explain how it works in a general sense but to go any deeper and work out a strategy would rquire looking at someones account. they buy banners in bulk and sell them in an open marketplace to put it simply. Anyone that has a company can sell bb their adspace too provided your site get 1000 hits per day and is serviced 24hrs a day. it is a physical office,i have been there. They just opened offices in canada,ireland,uk and india and once they get compliance in other countries more will follow. i know it sounds too good to be true etc etc and thats exactly what i thought until i searched high and low on the net for negatives. An earlier poster mentioned something about bb members ensuring any negative posts or blogs are kept well down google search pages? if so then get them,i would love to see them. all i found were late payment complaints and general complaints about problems about the program itself.If they are there find them!!. If its not for you then please feel free to not join but dont be calling it a scam,pyramid,ponzi etc until you at least know the business model.Total passive income is achievable with this,i am living proof of that!! Again someone earlier referred people to an article he attached about yahoo and their banner business and complained how laughable BB's business model was. Yahoo and the way they advertise from their search engine has absolutely no resemblance to BB. In a year or 2 when BB branches out to a search engine, then you can compare the 2. For anyone who is saying we are comparing google and yahoo with bb all the time, thats not the business we meant. We mean google and yahoo will buy up adspace from sites just like bb and sell them again, just like bb. Difference is BB profit shares with its members and takes a monthly fee and asks its members to pay for the traffic to their ads ensuring a passive income if you wish. If you do have referrals then you get sales credit in the form of traffic to your ads hence you dont have to pay for SOME of the traffic.

As for OP i have mailed her the email of banners broker ireland and she didnt mention it was a STP issue. If she deposited the money in BB's AIB account,referencing her husbands name then there would be no problem.Look at STP terms and conditions and you will see that there is a way to make formal complaints or you could be in trouble.

Again compare and criticise all you want but none of you have taken the time to provide negative comment which you found on the net never mind try and look into it on youtube to see how it works.And when i say look at the youtube videos i mean ones from january 2012 on. As i have said in an earlier post at the beginning people were taking advantage of lax rules and opening multipole accounts which BB has strictly gotten rid of since BBv2 launched in January.

Oh, and this company has been around for a while now, november 2010. And no negatives concerning its goals.

Graham wrote: »

And the registered address for its office is a home address, the guy that is the main reseller lives there ;-)

Doughbag wrote: »
    I've been just approached by a customer of mine, who is a member of Banner Brokers.
    This just sounds to good to be true and of cos I’m always in need of more money, since I keep running out money on a regular basis.
    However, I do not have €500 to check out if it may or maybe not work out, so I won’t.

He claims, that he doubled his initial investment of €500 after just 5 weeks.

Ponzie or not… ?
    I’ve got a website, so why not hire that ad space out to Banner Brokers, right - Cut out the middle man.
    So I goggled just that and I found no Banner Brokers to buy my space – damn.
    So, either they are so small, that Google does not find them, or Banner Broker does not know how to direct to their website….. or just maybe it’s a scam. The only way, I would be able to sell them ad-space is on their website http://www.bannersbroker.com

Info site:
    http://howbannersbrokerworks.blogspot.com/

So, what I’m saying is: It may not be a scam (which I doubt), but it sure looks to me to shady to invests my scars money into - Especially since my customer seemed eager for me to join up with them, since he then gets a “bonus”.

The only way, I would be able to sell them ad-space is on their website http://www.bannersbroker.com so how else would you like to sell them your adspace??? jesus is this for real?? They are the middle man! and its BANNERS BROKER.... join its free and you will recieve 1000 free impressions where you can load up your own company banner, target a specific city or country and get a report for your efforts.... now do that and then if you have negative things to say by all means do....ITS FREE SO GO AHEAD!!!

In fact anyone else here, go ahead and join via anyone, you dont have to pay for ANYTHING and can have a look around the back office,view webinars and whatever. Noone gets anything if you do join so youve nothing to lose and noone has nothing to gain either by you becoming a member although you will get 1000 free impressions

Here,Here !!! I couldn't have put it better myself. I only joined this forum because of curranbun's problem.
    You know as well as i do,that her problem could be resolves by a simple phone call. I have offered to help them out if i can but got no response to the private message. All this from a person looking for ideas on how to fix it
    Hmmmmmm i wonder !!!!

Regards,
    Keetzer

i have been in contact with OP and she is genuinely concerned. But she didnt mention it was a STP issue. I think STP take it very badly if there are problems with payments and instead of going to STP you go to the vendor,its in their terms and conditions.

Hi Juice,
    Please forgive my ignorance,ut what do you mean by "STP" problem

Regards,
    Keetzer

Thats the payment processor she used, like paypal but not as good. I used them also but had no problems thank god and continue to use them to pay my fees monthly ;-)

By the way, have you seen all the banner adds on this forum....I suppose they all advertise for free lol :D

Keetzer

ya apparently banner advertising is dead "since the mid-nineties"

By the way, have you seen all the banner adds on this forum....I suppose they all advertise for free lol :D

Keetzer

ya apparently banner advertising is "dead since the mid-nineties"

Hi Juice,
    As far as i know you can also leave money in your e wallet to cover fees.

Regards,

Keetzer.

i prefer to pay for the first 6 months, just part of my strategy,this is my last month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Regus Office
    http://www.regus.ie/virtual-office/index.aspx?CentreNumber=1383&ProductID=2

it's very cheap to have a virtual office address, Do Regus have a list of on site clients, or would that only list clients renting substantial space in the building?

• Advertisement

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Regus Office
    http://www.regus.ie/virtual-office/index.aspx?CentreNumber=1383&ProductID=2

it's very cheap to have a virtual office address, Do Regus have a list of on site clients, or would that only list clients renting substantial space in the building?

havent a clue but AGAIN the physical Banners Broker office is situated there.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sirreally

You know what this looks like? It looks like an illegal pyramid scheme. It looks like the profits that people are making is coming from the money being invested by the new investors who are trying to get rich quick. It looks like it's going to come crashing down soon and the last investors will be left with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

This thread is turning into a Juice/Keetzer love in...
    Seems to be a two pronged "Shill" attack.

Are there any mods looking at this thread?

the_juice wrote: »
    The only way, I would be able to sell them ad-space is on their website http://www.bannersbroker.com so how else would you like to sell them your adspace??? jesus is this for real?? They are the middle man! and its BANNERS BROKER.... join its free and you will recieve 1000 free impressions where you can load up your own company banner, target a specific city or country and get a report for your efforts.... now do that and then if you have negative things to say by all means do....ITS FREE SO GO AHEAD!!!

In fact anyone else here, go ahead and join via anyone, you dont have to pay for ANYTHING and can have a look around the back office,view webinars and whatever. Noone gets anything if you do join so youve nothing to lose and noone has nothing to gain either by you becoming a member although you will get 1000 free impressions

And what exactly do I do with those 1000 FREE impressions? Meaning I get something free, that somebody else pays for and can turn that into REAL money?
    This all might be legit and stuff, but that magic money printing machine hasn't been invented yet. They may have needed investors in the beginning, but after 18months paying that much out, any decent business person would not give that money away anymore to new clowns giving him €25.

Read up on how this works: http://education.wallstreetsurvivor.com/ponzi-scheme

Your saying it is legit? Maybe, but so was getting a morguage in 2002 for a house you bought for €150.000 and sold one year later for €300.000, after 3 years €450.000 and in 2006 for €600.000..... then comes along 2008 and the House does not sell and in 2012 that house is worth €85.000...... Sure, a lot of people got rich, till they lost it all again. Just look into any newspaper here in Ireland and you wil find out who has to pay for this.

The_Banker wrote: »
    This thread is turning into a Juice/Keetzer love in...
    Seems to be a two pronged "Shill" attack.

Are there any mods looking at this thread?

i am answering everything that has been asked by the OP,i helped her via private mail and i am defending what i believe to be illinformed remarks about the company THE OP asked about, just beacuse im not running it down doesnt make my opinions less valid. As for "love in" give it a rest. MOD feel free to delete anything that looks like a two pronged shill lmao

Doughbag wrote: »
    And what exactly do I do with those 1000 FREE impressions? Meaning I get something free, that somebody else pays for and can turn that into REAL money?
    This all might be legit and stuff, but that magic money printing machine hasn't been invented yet. They may have needed investors in the beginning, but after 18months paying that much out, any decent business person would not give that money away anymore to new clowns giving him €25.

Read up on how this works: http://education.wallstreetsurvivor.com/ponzi-scheme

Your saying it is legit? Maybe, but so was getting a morguage in 2002 for a house you bought for €150.000 and sold one year later for €300.000, after 3 years €450.000 and in 2006 for €600.000..... then comes along 2008 and the House does not sell and in 2012 that house is worth €85.000...... Sure, a lot of people got rich, till they lost it all again. Just look into any newspaper here in Ireland and you wil find out who has to pay for this.

didnt i just say what you do with them??? you get your own banner designed which promotes YOUR OWN company which will then be sent virally to any country or city you wish promoting your web page.This is for free. Read the earlier post and you will see why they want this company to grow, to try and become a heavyweight like google and like yahoo.

And then you compare this to a property bubble?? The price of these ads does not go up by being pushed by demand, in fact the more people in BB the less the ads cost as it is buying power that is being maximized.

And by the way,last i heard buying a house no matter what price you are dumb enough to pay is still legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

how does this nonsense work?

you purchase advertising space on a website and sublet it?

shangri la wrote: »
    how does this nonsense work?

you purchase advertising space on a website and sublet it?

So... After 5 pages of:

1) helping OP
    2) answering every question about it
    3) reading an article that has NOTHING to do with it but yet it's being held as an example why not to look into it
    4) poster complaining how the only way to sell space on his website to BB is through their website (that's the business) and then not realising, THEY ARE THE MIDDLE MAN!!
    5) same poster asking what should he do with free impressions? Hmmm hard decision, maybe promote your own business/ website maybe??
    6) same poster comparing it to a housing bubble that also says buying a house pre 2008 was legit but obviously isn't now or maybe other way round, not really sure lol
    7) not one person coming up with any negative experience except OP who's had problems with the PAYMENT PROCESSOR not BB

And then I read....ahem... "so how does this nonsense work?"

Mods lock this one up I think lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

There was a thread on the askaboutmoney forums about this last year.

Unbelievably a new user called 'bannerbroker' arrived to defend the scheme. Nice to see their attempts to shill have become a little more sophisticated.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=160760

• Advertisement

the_juice wrote: »
    So... After 5 pages of:

1) helping OP
    2) answering every question about it
    3) reading an article that has NOTHING to do with it but yet it's being held as an example why not to look into it
    4) poster complaining how the only way to sell space on his website to BB is through their website (that's the business) and then not realising, THEY ARE THE MIDDLE MAN!!
    5) same poster asking what should he do with free impressions? Hmmm hard decision, maybe promote your own business/ website maybe??
    6) same poster comparing it to a housing bubble that also says buying a house pre 2008 was legit but obviously isn't now or maybe other way round, not really sure lol
    7) not one person coming up with any negative experience except OP who's had problems with the PAYMENT PROCESSOR not BB

And then I read....ahem... "so how does this nonsense work?"

Mods lock this one up I think lol

First I never said, that buying a house was not legal, but the way the property bubble was created, it pretty much looks like a legalised pyramid scheme.

Secondly, when you search for companies trying to sell ads on the internet, you find them via the internet, there is no big secret about them, expect Banner Brokers where you first need to know about them. Approximately 100% of those businesses do not ask punters to lend them money to buy ad-space.

But the MOST important reason, why I think this is a pyramid scheme is:

Here are some companies that do banner ads
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/banner-ad11.htm

Notice, that there is a mention about Banner Brokers?

Sure, its Banner Brokers, NOT Banners Brokers. Spot the difference?
    www.Bannerbrokers.com aka Banner Brokers was founded in 1997 by Raj Chauhan an online advertising pioneer, who later on joined Yahoo! And does not exist anymore. This is or well, was a legit business, unlike www.bannersbrokers.com (noticed the added “S”) which is a simple godaddy.com website with a lot of errors on their website, lots of links don’t properly work etc.

This just looks all a bit to fishy for me, to believe that it is not a Ponzi scheme. While this is still running, there will be very little complains about it, since people still make money. But at some stage, it will fall apart. If this is in 6 months, 1 year or 2 years but it will at some stage and a lot of people will cry for their money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement