Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Banners brokers - Money Taken

  • 20-02-2012 4:23pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CurranBun


    Hi There,
    My OH signed up to Banners brokers after it being recommended to him by some work colleagues.
    Everything is going well for the work colleagues, however my OH invested €420 into them and has received nothing to date.
    I'm not quite sure myself how it all works, however he has been chasing them and has still got nothing.

    Anyone know of this company or heard of this before?

    Any info at all would help greatly.


«1345

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭19driver83


    I was thinking of investing into this.

    When did your OH invest and what repsonse have they given him?


  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sirreally


    Looks like another scam.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony


    These guys claim to use the money you give them to buy space on web sites (banners) and sell advertising in that space. A lot of talk about doubling your money every so often but no time frame indicated.
    Its another one I can't figure out. Either there are a myriad of these things hitting the market at the moment, that don't seem to have a physical product but do have a payout plan that requires a degree in maths to figure out, or I'm losing my touch and haven't got the wherewithal to keep up with current trends.

    I think it's the former.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭micosoft


    CurranBun wrote: »
    Hi There,
    My OH signed up to Banners brokers after it being recommended to him by some work colleagues.
    Everything is going well for the work colleagues, however my OH invested €420 into them and has received nothing to date.
    I'm not quite sure myself how it all works, however he has been chasing them and has still got nothing.

    Anyone know of this company or heard of this before?

    Any info at all would help greatly.

    It's clearly yet another pyramid type scam (early investors make some money, chumps down the chain get nothing). His money is gone. Chalk it up as a valuable lesson and get on your lives. He was lucky he put so little in.
    p.s. Google "Banner brokers scam" - not that hard is it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 danmacca


    Hi Microsoft. I would like to know how come your convinced its a scam. I have googled it many times and there is no evidence of anyone not making money but plenty of evidence that people have. Look im not trying to convince anyone either way however what i can say is that in November i started with 4k. i topped it up a month later with another 4k and as of today my earnings are sitting at over $23k which is constantly reinvested by buying more banners. I am in a managed fund so i pay a group 20% to manage my account because it is complex and these guys know what they are doing. They dont see a thing until i withdraw something which i haven't yet but i really couldn't see them managing it for nothing if they thought it was a scam. The managers like to see the account go through 3 rotations before people withdraw so its not a smash and grab scenario and something im prepared to do. Ill let you know later in the year how i go withdrawing because as you can see it will be quite a considerable sum if they are legit. If not then i guess its another learning curve however i have to say i am impressed so far.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭micosoft


    danmacca wrote: »
    Hi Microsoft. I would like to know how come your convinced its a scam. I have googled it many times and there is no evidence of anyone not making money but plenty of evidence that people have. Look im not trying to convince anyone either way however what i can say is that in November i started with 4k. i topped it up a month later with another 4k and as of today my earnings are sitting at over $23k which is constantly reinvested by buying more banners. I am in a managed fund so i pay a group 20% to manage my account because it is complex and these guys know what they are doing. They dont see a thing until i withdraw something which i haven't yet but i really couldn't see them managing it for nothing if they thought it was a scam. The managers like to see the account go through 3 rotations before people withdraw so its not a smash and grab scenario and something im prepared to do. Ill let you know later in the year how i go withdrawing because as you can see it will be quite a considerable sum if they are legit. If not then i guess its another learning curve however i have to say i am impressed so far.

    Seriously? Look - you've convinced yourself this is gonna make you rich. My view is that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it's a duck. The above has every hallmark of a ponzi scheme.
    - Bull**** business. Banners? LOL. I had a real laugh at the video. Anyone who knows anything about e-business and advertising will know this is bull****. Google, Microsoft and Yahoo dominate this market - you really really really think these guys know better? Where does the money come from?
    - Huge returns on investment. I mean, if the business was this good why go to two-bit investors like you? Why not borrow it and pocket these amazing returns.
    - Too complicated for the investor to understand which is why they manage the money - "managed fund" LOL
    - "lock-in" your money for as long as possible (to keep the scheme going). Your "investment" has already been used to payoff somebody leaving.

    Why do you think people invest initially in Ponzi schemes? The top of the pyramid "might" make some money if they get out early (hence why they are attempting to keep a hold on it). Ask for your money now and you might get lucky. Later on when your "managed fund" matures there won't be money in the kitty. Otherwise you are going to learn a very valuable life lesson - If it looks too good to be true it is.....

    P.s. Why is this in entrepreneurial & business management. Stick it in investments for a laugh or internet scams.


  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker


    danmacca wrote: »
    Hi Microsoft. I would like to know how come your convinced its a scam. I have googled it many times and there is no evidence of anyone not making money but plenty of evidence that people have. Look im not trying to convince anyone either way however what i can say is that in November i started with 4k. i topped it up a month later with another 4k and as of today my earnings are sitting at over $23k which is constantly reinvested by buying more banners. I am in a managed fund so i pay a group 20% to manage my account because it is complex and these guys know what they are doing. They dont see a thing until i withdraw something which i haven't yet but i really couldn't see them managing it for nothing if they thought it was a scam. The managers like to see the account go through 3 rotations before people withdraw so its not a smash and grab scenario and something im prepared to do. Ill let you know later in the year how i go withdrawing because as you can see it will be quite a considerable sum if they are legit. If not then i guess its another learning curve however i have to say i am impressed so far.


    One post and you joined in March 2012.... Mmmmm

    There was one of those 'investment' evenings held this week in The Vienna Woods Hotel in Cork.

    Have you ever heard of a legitimate company gathering people in hotels at night gathering €500 and €600 investments from ordinary people?
    Pyramid/Ponzi scheme. Nothing more.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 danmacca


    Hi Banker and Microsoft.

    Firstly banker, i joined after seeing this thread because i did a google search of Banner brokers scam. This is something i do every now and then with all my online investments that i'm in. This is the only threat i could find that was not positive about BB so i thought i would see why and ask if anyone has had a negative experience with them.

    Secondly, to Microsoft, I don't know where in my post you could make out i'm convinced i'm going to become rich from BB. Online investing is a pass time to me. I research interesting concepts, do my due diligence and then decide if i want to invest or not. This attitude has worked very well for many years for me and i certainly don't invest more that i can afford to lose in any one thing and i don't break the bank on one thing. I think you have misinterpreted what i was trying to say. The manage fund has nothing to do with BB management and the money is not locked in, in any way. As your banners expire you are more than free to withdraw the profit if you choose. You can only be part of the managed fund if you join under certain affiliates and thats why i went down this line as its 100% passive. It is certainly not open to everyone. I don't refer anyone to anything as i only get involved in passive investments and with the BB managed fund there is no need to make referrals to earn. As i said previously my earning have grown considerably.

    i have heard for many years the words. "If it sounds to good to be true it is!" Well all i can say to that is from experience "not always".

    I would be interested to know if you get involved in any online investing and if not why do you bother looking at forums like this and posting on something you have no interest in?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24


    Sounds to me like the good old pyramid Scheme they had going...

    what i take from it... If i go in for 420 i buy a Banner space.. im at the bottom of the pyramid,, by getting people to go in and to make sure they note my name down on Recommend friend, im being pushed to the top when i reach the top i can now Sell my banner...



    I to was in the same boat a guy in work asked me to join in under him that way i would push him up...

    No thank you stay away from this new type of Scam.. if you want to buy a banner space...

    find an upcoming site and offer them money and you could then in turn rent it out..


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24


    danmacca wrote: »
    Hi Banker and Microsoft.

    Firstly banker, i joined after seeing this thread because i did a google search of Banner brokers scam. This is something i do every now and then with all my online investments that i'm in. This is the only threat i could find that was not positive about BB so i thought i would see why and ask if anyone has had a negative experience with them.

    Secondly, to Microsoft, I don't know where in my post you could make out i'm convinced i'm going to become rich from BB. Online investing is a pass time to me. I research interesting concepts, do my due diligence and then decide if i want to invest or not. This attitude has worked very well for many years for me and i certainly don't invest more that i can afford to lose in any one thing and i don't break the bank on one thing. I think you have misinterpreted what i was trying to say. The manage fund has nothing to do with BB management and the money is not locked in, in any way. As your banners expire you are more than free to withdraw the profit if you choose. You can only be part of the managed fund if you join under certain affiliates and thats why i went down this line as its 100% passive. It is certainly not open to everyone. I don't refer anyone to anything as i only get involved in passive investments and with the BB managed fund there is no need to make referrals to earn. As i said previously my earning have grown considerably.

    i have heard for many years the words. "If it sounds to good to be true it is!" Well all i can say to that is from experience "not always".

    I would be interested to know if you get involved in any online investing and if not why do you bother looking at forums like this and posting on something you have no interest in?


    LMAO just joined and 2 posts and one is a good Note about BB FECK off BB employee


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 danmacca


    LOL. If everyone who posts a positive thing about BB is an employee, then they must have a lot of employee's. U only need to search the net to find out how many. I'm based in Perth and never had the chance to go to Canada, but hey "Whatever corker"


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24


    danmacca wrote: »
    LOL. If everyone who posts a positive thing about BB is an employee, then they must have a lot of employee's. U only need to search the net to find out how many. I'm based in Perth and never had the chance to go to Canada, but hey "Whatever corker"


    yes i have Search in Google Facebook and Youtube.. thats the joy of the Net you can get both sides..

    but the funny part is you just joined and already feels like your sucking off the BB people..

    Dont mean to be Nasty.. but just the way to say what im thinking


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 danmacca


    thats fine. I was only relaying my experience so far. no more or less. Like i said, i only found this forum because i googled BB scam and saw the quotes saying it a scam. All i was asking was for people's personal negative experience. In fact no-one here appear to even be members of BB and are basing there opinions on the fact BB uses Multi Level marketing which is a legitimate for of advertising that more and more companies are using. Anyway, I will post again in the future IF and WHEN i get my initial investment out. If it turns out to be a scam, i will also post my experience.


  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sirreally


    danmacca wrote: »
    thats fine. I was only relaying my experience so far. no more or less. Like i said, i only found this forum because i googled BB scam and saw the quotes saying it a scam. All i was asking was for people's personal negative experience. In fact no-one here appear to even be members of BB and are basing there opinions on the fact BB uses Multi Level marketing which is a legitimate for of advertising that more and more companies are using. Anyway, I will post again in the future IF and WHEN i get my initial investment out. If it turns out to be a scam, i will also post my experience.

    Before you go, would you mind posting a detailed, step by step guide to how this system works, as you understand it? Much appreciated.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 danmacca


    Hi Sirreally,

    If you want to private message me your email, i can send you the information i have on it.


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham


    Why is it necessary to keep the information you have private danmacca?

    I have to give it to Banner Brokers, they're covering their tracks rather well. They have everyone of their 'investors' (although they don't allow you to refer to their scheme as an investment) write/post/blog about how their scheme is 'not a scam'.

    Why would they do that? Try Googling 'Banner Brokers Scam' and you'll understand straight away.


  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sirreally


    Graham wrote: »
    Why is it necessary to keep the information you have private danmacca?

    I have to give it to Banner Brokers, they're covering their tracks rather well. They have everyone of their 'investors' (although they don't allow you to refer to their scheme as an investment) write/post/blog about how their scheme is 'not a scam'.

    Why would they do that? Try Googling 'Banner Brokers Scam' and you'll understand straight away.
    My thoughts exactly. Danmacca, please post the information posted here for everyone to see. Thanks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭micosoft


    danmacca wrote: »
    Hi Banker and Microsoft.

    Secondly, to Microsoft, I don't know where in my post you could make out i'm convinced i'm going to become rich from BB. Online investing is a pass time to me. I research interesting concepts, do my due diligence and then decide if i want to invest or not. This attitude has worked very well for many years for me and i certainly don't invest more that i can afford to lose in any one thing and i don't break the bank on one thing. I think you have misinterpreted what i was trying to say. The manage fund has nothing to do with BB management and the money is not locked in, in any way. As your banners expire you are more than free to withdraw the profit if you choose. You can only be part of the managed fund if you join under certain affiliates and thats why i went down this line as its 100% passive. It is certainly not open to everyone. I don't refer anyone to anything as i only get involved in passive investments and with the BB managed fund there is no need to make referrals to earn. As i said previously my earning have grown considerably.

    i have heard for many years the words. "If it sounds to good to be true it is!" Well all i can say to that is from experience "not always".

    I would be interested to know if you get involved in any online investing and if not why do you bother looking at forums like this and posting on something you have no interest in?

    Why would I bother? Because the possibility some naive person might put money into this scheme and lose their money. Maybe lose that money to you. Thats why.

    A scheme that gives a return of 187% ROI in a quarter IS a get rich scam. Legitimate investments do not come near this order of return - you are talking 2-3% in a quarter (and thats damn good at the moment).

    Second I thought you were sincere. However your response reeks of someone connected to this scam looking to reel in more suckers. Multi level marketing is not seen by any investor as a legitimate business and you are crudely throwing out investment terms to give you an air of knowledge to soft pedal the scam. You never answered HOW BANNER ADVERTS MAKE MONEY. They don't so your magical return figure is just untrue. Again, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Apple are all in the internet advertising business. Even Apple is getting nowhere near the return on investment you claim for this pyramid scheme.

    Finally if you do this to pass the time only why don't you post in the gambling forum? It's not entrepreneurialism or investment for one thing. You comment that I'd have to invest in a scam before commenting on it is not worth replying to.
    danmacca wrote: »
    i have heard for many years the words. "If it sounds to good to be true it is!" Well all i can say to that is from experience "not always".
    If anything convinces me you are in on this scam this is it. One hopes those naive enough to think about losing their money on this one will google this thread and not put their hard-earned money in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 42 the_juice


    micosoft wrote: »
    Why would I bother? Because the possibility some naive person might put money into this scheme and lose their money. Maybe lose that money to you. Thats why.

    A scheme that gives a return of 187% ROI in a quarter IS a get rich scam. Legitimate investments do not come near this order of return - you are talking 2-3% in a quarter (and thats damn good at the moment).

    Second I thought you were sincere. However your response reeks of someone connected to this scam looking to reel in more suckers. Multi level marketing is not seen by any investor as a legitimate business and you are crudely throwing out investment terms to give you an air of knowledge to soft pedal the scam. You never answered HOW BANNER ADVERTS MAKE MONEY. They don't so your magical return figure is just untrue. Again, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Apple are all in the internet advertising business. Even Apple is getting nowhere near the return on investment you claim for this pyramid scheme.

    Finally if you do this to pass the time only why don't you post in the gambling forum? It's not entrepreneurialism or investment for one thing. You comment that I'd have to invest in a scam before commenting on it is not worth replying to.

    If anything convinces me you are in on this scam this is it. One hopes those naive enough to think about losing their money on this one will google this thread and not put their hard-earned money in.

    Hi lads.

    Like all of you i was approached about this last year and thought exactly the same, pyramid,ponzi etc etc. I am a bit of a gambler so put some money in, just some that i could afford to lose as i thought if im in early then ill get something out of it. I didnt tell anyone about it and saw how it went. I was told the way its set up you will not need to bring anyone in and so i made sure i wouldnt ask anyone and would see if it would do as people say. At the time this was set up as a multi level marketing program, as in when you began to make money, you could set up another account and place it under you where again you would have the joining bonus of 2 free cycles. I knew of guys with 50-60 accounts all under each other which was against the rules of the company but for some reason they let pass as it basically wasnt that professional a set up. This all changed in 2012.

    They have now registered as an irish limited company, banners broker ireland ltd, and have an office in cork in the Regus in Mahon Point. All aspects of a multi level marketing company have been erased. It is strictly one account per person, its a single tier system, VAT of 23% is paid when depositing money and valid ID has to prove you are over 18 to join. I do get the "im here promoting it" comments that will inevitably come but im just explaining things that i know. I didnt ask anyone to go into this and still i am making money every day.

    As for the working of the program, its very easy to set up and use. People do have their accounts managed but i dont,i work on my own every couple of days and its very easy once you know what your doing.The way it works is this:

    As one of you said google yahoo and facebook have the ad industry tied up. All they do is buy space in millions of sites for a sum of money and sell them to the highest bidder. Banners broker do exactly the same. They pool money together, buy inventory from 200k sites and sell them to advertisers that want to use them for a period of time. Each time the ad in your panel is viewed then you make something like .005 cents (think thats how much anyway after doing my math). When you make double what you paid for your panel the original deposit is paid back to you in an ewallet which you can withdraw anytime you like and the other half is used to buy another panel of advertisement. The company continues to use the original panel you bought and will continue to make money from that indefinitely. Thats it put simply but it does take a lot of study to work the thing correctly.There are benefits to joining people up, its just like any business where you'd get commission for promoting your business, but instead of cash you get traffic which you can then apply to your panels,no cash whatsoever.

    As for my original money, i have tripled it in 5 months and thats because i keep buying more panels and applying traffic to them which is just another aspect of working the thing.

    Again i do get the "its a scam" etc comments but this is what i know and have experienced. There are meetings EVERY week in vienna woods and up and down the country at this stage and its just for training so that people can use the program on their own and to give updates on where the company is at.

    They have set up their own social network site now which attaches itself to your facebook,twitter etc and have plans to set up a search engine in the next couple years so they will have their own sites,just like google etc, which will then obviously carry ads. Again this is all i know.

    As for the OP contact them down in mahon point to get that funding sorted. I do know a few people had problems like that and have had them rectified since.

    Oh the reason i posted this is like the earlier poster i try and look up negative things about it every once in a while and see if there is another side and if you do google "banners broker scam" ponzi, pyramid etc there are results, but go into them and theyre not negative from what ive found anyway


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭micosoft


    the_juice wrote: »
    Hi lads.

    As for the working of the program, its very easy to set up and use. People do have their accounts managed but i dont,i work on my own every couple of days and its very easy once you know what your doing.The way it works is this:

    As one of you said google yahoo and facebook have the ad industry tied up. All they do is buy space in millions of sites for a sum of money and sell them to the highest bidder. Banners broker do exactly the same. They pool money together, buy inventory from 200k sites and sell them to advertisers that want to use them for a period of time. Each time the ad in your panel is viewed then you make something like .005 cents (think thats how much anyway after doing my math). When you make double what you paid for your panel the original deposit is paid back to you in an ewallet which you can withdraw anytime you like and the other half is used to buy another panel of advertisement. The company continues to use the original panel you bought and will continue to make money from that indefinitely. Thats it put simply but it does take a lot of study to work the thing correctly.There are benefits to joining people up, its just like any business where you'd get commission for promoting your business, but instead of cash you get traffic which you can then apply to your panels,no cash whatsoever.

    All soft-pedaling fluff - won't bother get into it except your attempt to explain the "business".

    Google, Microsoft Yahoo and Facebook have the majority of the online advertising market. Banner advertising IS NOT HOW THEY DO IT. They attach ads to search results. Banner ad's have been dead since the mid nineties and claiming the massive returns you do from this dead business is not true. There is NO BUSINESS HERE. Any returns are made from new entrants ergo it is a pyramid scheme.

    As an aside I can see you people have invested huge time and effort in combating any attempt at discrediting Banner brokers. I'll give you this - you've used your knowledge of SOA to make sure any negative coverage is pushed down Googles search results - what legitimate business would have a positive blog with the words Scam in it?? Along with your "rapid reaction" to negative coverage in boards with new accounts.

    For anyone interested - good article which shows how laughable the business model is: http://www.paulgraham.com/yahoo.html


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 the_juice


    micosoft wrote: »
    All soft-pedaling fluff - won't bother get into it except your attempt to explain the "business".

    Google, Microsoft Yahoo and Facebook have the majority of the online advertising market. Banner advertising IS NOT HOW THEY DO IT. They attach ads to search results. Banner ad's have been dead since the mid nineties and claiming the massive returns you do from this dead business is not true. There is NO BUSINESS HERE. Any returns are made from new entrants ergo it is a pyramid scheme.

    As an aside I can see you people have invested huge time and effort in combating any attempt at discrediting Banner brokers. I'll give you this - you've used your knowledge of SOA to make sure any negative coverage is pushed down Googles search results - what legitimate business would have a positive blog with the words Scam in it?? Along with your "rapid reaction" to negative coverage in boards with new accounts.

    For anyone interested - good article which shows how laughable the business model is: http://www.paulgraham.com/yahoo.html

    christ im in this thing blind aswell, you have this thing where if a guy tries to explain this then "hes part of the gang". as i have said i didnt ask nor brought anyone into this. i see what i see happening and ive spelt it out. If its not whats actually happening then i have been duped and maybe i will lose money, but to insinuate that im part of this big bad scam, "soft-pedaling" it here is way off the mark, just because im explaining it best i can. Unlike you im no expert on these things, i have no experience whatsoever in online business and i work a normal job. When you say SOA i dont even know what that is lol. The reason i look for negative comments on it every few days is to see am i wrong in my expectations or beliefs in this company. But if as you say banner advertising is dead then why do companies use it? why when you go on sites there are banner ads on them if its dead? I go into my yahoo mail and low and behold what do i see, a banner add, i go into any yahoo story and yet again banner ads. Its not just attaching ads to search results obviously so your wrong there or am i missing something again?

    Do you think that a company that is now registered in Ireland, pays VAT and i presume is being audited etc can be a pyramid scheme? Those are genuine questions by the way so please dont get abusive or insinuate something else ;-)

    also my account is not new, i actually had to send off for my password so i could post lol. i just read boards from time to time,especially the poker boards when they were busy. Theyre not anymore hence im not on here at all really.

    by the way, i see your a newbie here? hmmmm fairly "rapid reaction" to positive coverage in boards with a new account.... just saying LIKE lol :-p


  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg


    I know nothing about the Banners Broker, but have been following with this thread with some interest.

    I have some observations about some of the points made by those defending it:

    1. There is no company or business with the name Banners Broker, or anything similar registered with the Companies Registration Office.
    2. The application of VAT to the "investment" does not necessarily mean that VAT was correctly applied and paid to Revenue. It also does not necessarily mean that the entity is actually registered for VAT even if it quotes a VAT number.
    3. VAT isn't charged on the making of investments - it is charged on the supply of goods or services. From what I can ascertain, this is not a supply of goods or services.
    4. Regus provide virtual office space (as well as serviced offices) so there may not be a physical presence in Ireland. This is supported by the fact that there is only a mobile contact number for Ireland on the site.
    5. The 2 people defending Banners Broker here claim to have made significant gains. One explicitly states that he/she has not withdrawn any sums from the "ewallet"; the other by stating he'she has reinvested all gains implies he/she has not withdrawn any cash. There is no gain until you have the cash in your bank account.
    6. Bernard Madoff operated a ponzi scheme for decades which was supposedly a legitimate business, was audited and regulated by the securities and exchange commission. Clients did make gains, funded by new investments. All clients received regular statements setting out their accounts and gains on investments. Those statements were fabricated any if anyone had bothered to look at them carefully this would have been apparent. Refer to point 5 re "cash in your bank account".
    7. I think the people defending Banners Broker on this thread genuinely believe in its authenticity and are possibly acting in good faith.

    The Bernard Madoff case is a good example of how a ponzi scheme can operate for many years, have the outward appearance of being legitimate, where many investors bank siginificant gains, but ultimately it collapses and a lot of people lose a lot of money.


  • Registered Users Posts: 42 the_juice


    smeharg wrote: »
    I know nothing about the Banners Broker, but have been following with this thread with some interest.

    I have some observations about some of the points made by those defending it:

    1. There is no company or business with the name Banners Broker, or anything similar registered with the Companies Registration Office.
    2. The application of VAT to the "investment" does not necessarily mean that VAT was correctly applied and paid to Revenue. It also does not necessarily mean that the entity is actually registered for VAT even if it quotes a VAT number.
    3. VAT isn't charged on the making of investments - it is charged on the supply of goods or services. From what I can ascertain, this is not a supply of goods or services.
    4. Regus provide virtual office space (as well as serviced offices) so there may not be a physical presence in Ireland. This is supported by the fact that there is only a mobile contact number for Ireland on the site.
    5. The 2 people defending Banners Broker here claim to have made significant gains. One explicitly states that he/she has not withdrawn any sums from the "ewallet"; the other by stating he'she has reinvested all gains implies he/she has not withdrawn any cash. There is no gain until you have the cash in your bank account.
    6. Bernard Madoff operated a ponzi scheme for decades which was supposedly a legitimate business, was audited and regulated by the securities and exchange commission. Clients did make gains, funded by new investments. All clients received regular statements setting out their accounts and gains on investments. Those statements were fabricated any if anyone had bothered to look at them carefully this would have been apparent. Refer to point 5 re "cash in your bank account".
    7. I think the people defending Banners Broker on this thread genuinely believe in its authenticity and are possibly acting in good faith.

    The Bernard Madoff case is a good example of how a ponzi scheme can operate for many years, have the outward appearance of being legitimate, where many investors bank siginificant gains, but ultimately it collapses and a lot of people lose a lot of money.

    Hi smeharg,

    Thanks for your reply. Its nice to see someone make valid points without having an air of "know it all" and attaching an article which apart from mentioning banner ads has nothing got to do with the business model in question. As i said i have no experience in this sort of thing and so ill go through your points best i can.

    1. I'll look into what you said in this point and will post a reply as soon as i get my answer, its an interesting point.

    2. I'm taking this is good faith just as i would for any other company that the extra 23% included in any deposit is used for VAT purposes.

    3. banners broker are supplying a service for you. They are buying and selling just like any other broker.Google "how stuff works- banner ads" and they are listed as one of a number of companies that do this.

    4. Yes you are right about regus providing virtual office space but the office in cork is a physical one, next to the VHI clinic.

    5. I agree you are right there, if you havent got cash in hand or your bank account then its not "made". But again im only saying what i see every day and trying to explain things as best i can. And yes your right i havent taken anything out yet but will be in May. Just part of my own strategy.

    6. I was wondering when Bernie would be mentioned :-) but yes your right. But at the end of the day you can bring the Bernie comparison up against any business that you need to put cash into. This is my whole point, when do you then decide to take a leap of faith insomething if all your going to do is think of the Bernie Madof thing? I thought of that immediately when i was told about this and decided, admittedly after i bought a package, that this was my time to jump into something.

    7. I appreciate your last comment and believe me it is true from my point of view anyway.

    Im going to contact someone about the company registration point you made and see what is said,

    cheers


  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg


    the_juice wrote: »
    ....
    you can bring the Bernie [Madoff] comparison up against any business that you need to put cash into...
    ....

    Arguably, you can. I'm not really making a comparison, though. The point I'm making is just because something has the outward appearance of being legitimate doesn't mean it is. Some of the points you use to demonstrate the legitimacy of Banners Broker, such the VAT issue, CRO registrations, subject to audit etc, don't really mean anything. It would only prove that there is proper business structure behind it. It doesn't necessarily mean that activities of that business are legitimate.

    The proof is in the pudding, ie cash in the bank - for everyone that invests.


  • Registered Users Posts: 42 the_juice


    smeharg wrote: »
    Arguably, you can. I'm not really making a comparison, though. The point I'm making is just because something has the outward appearance of being legitimate doesn't mean it is. Some of the points you use to demonstrate the legitimacy of Banners Broker, such the VAT issue, CRO registrations, subject to audit etc, don't really mean anything. It would only prove that there is proper business structure behind it. It doesn't necessarily mean that activities of that business are legitimate.

    The proof is in the pudding, ie cash in the bank - for everyone that invests.

    very true,i guess you can apply that logic to anything you go into but i do realise with the internet its more prevalent than anywhere else.

    anyway, ive done some digging and yes it is registered on the CRO.

    Go to company search, look for bannersbrokerireland and its there. I also received the VAT no.

    Also in an earlier post someone was saying about the percentage of returns after 1 quarter. Noone that i know has made predictions as its traffic and impressions your dealing with so how can you know exactly how much you will make unless you know exactly how many people WILL view your ads? Anyone that makes these predictions is basically talking out through their arse lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sirreally


    keetzer wrote: »
    I joined bb in dec with €500. my account is now €2,775.

    If anybody wants to know more i'd be happy to oblige

    Hi Keetzer. Please oblige by explaining exactly how this works, and exactly where the €2,275 profit in your account came from.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thepaddyfla


    i have heard that the money comes from little fairies who worked in a previous pyramid scheme but when the recession hit they were made redundant now they have set up a new magic money making machine!!!!!!!!!!
    has anyone else heard this????


  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sirreally


    keetzer wrote: »
    Hi Sirreally,
    You know when your online and a news flash like "two arrested for bank robbery" or the latest deal from vodafone appears accross your screen..
    well that is a banner add...its all about product awareness in your face...each time "vodafone" appear they must pay google etc. fractions of a cent....But if you click on the link and you are directed to the vodafone web site they must pay even more....and thats called "pay per click".

    The company uses your money to buy web space....the more they have to spend...the more they can buy..and the cheaper they can get it.
    A yellow panel for example costs €10 and needs 4,500 impressions to finish and cycles out at €20. The company keeps any revenue generated above the 4,500 impressions. Simple as !
    I hope this gives you a rough idea
    Regards,
    Keetzer

    I fully understand how online advertising works; I was asking how this system works. Now, rather than giving us "a rough idea", please oblige by fully answering the question. Please ensure you include answers to the following specific questions:

    1. Am I correct in saying that Banners Broker claims to use your money to purchase advertising space from third party websites, then sells that advertising space to advertisers (either directly or through an advertising network)?

    2. What evidence did Banners Broker provide to you that your €500 was actually spent on advertising space?

    3. What evidence did Banners Broker provide to you that the €2,275 profit you are claiming was generated by advertising sales?

    4. Did Banners Broker provide you with a full list of its partner websites?

    5. Do you get independently audited reports showing what ads were placed there, and how many impressions & clicks they received?

    Thanks in advance.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thepaddyfla


    so if the cycle is not completed do u loose your money???//


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg


    keetzer wrote: »
    Hi Sirreally,
    You know when your online and a news flash like "two arrested for bank robbery" or the latest deal from vodafone appears accross your screen..
    well that is a banner add...its all about product awareness in your face...each time "vodafone" appear they must pay google etc. fractions of a cent....But if you click on the link and you are directed to the vodafone web site they must pay even more....and thats called "pay per click".

    The company uses your money to buy web space....the more they have to spend...the more they can buy..and the cheaper they can get it.
    A yellow panel for example costs €10 and needs 4,500 impressions to finish and cycles out at €20. The company keeps any revenue generated above the 4,500 impressions. Simple as !
    I hope this gives you a rough idea
    Regards,
    Keetzer

    That's not how Google ads work. If you advertise with Google it places your ads on various websites. You pay nothing unless someone clicks on your ad. You don't pay for impressions.

    You can also allow Google to place ads on your site. If someone clicks on the ad the advertiser pays Google and Google gives a portion to the hosting site. Again you don't pay for impressions.

    Other sites sell advertising space directly to advertisers and advertising agencies. The advertiser pays for the ad and that's it.

    Are you saying that Banners Broker:

    1. Works the same way as Google; or
    2. Buys advertising space from websites, inserts itself as a middleman, for (which there was previously no requirement) and charges for impressions AND click-throughs?


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement