Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Psycho cyclist near miss

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I have done this just once but I was very happy that the cops took the matter seriously once they knew I had video evidence.
    Its quite legal to make a citizens arrest and reasonable restraint is permitted - I have used cable ties but duct tape would be useful too

Utter, utter bull****. You're a complete fantasist projecting how you wish to be perceived in reality online. Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭opti0nal

This is what happens when a cyclist actively tries to block a bus overtaking him. Insane stuff by the bus driver.

Why the cyclists clearly attempts to block the bus passing him by moving out into the middle of the road I dunno.
    To answer your second question: The cyclist did not want to be passed in the same lane by the bus as he'd previously been overtaken too closely by him and was very upset by the experience. ROTR prohibits any overtaking that would endanger safety or incovenience another person.

To add to your first point about consequences, the bus driver was jailed for dangerous driving and assault with a deadly weapon causing GBH. This is a landmark decision affecting any driver who thinks he can use his vehicle to attack or intimidate others.

In addition to a criminal record, he got a two and a half year driving ban.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Its gas the way cyclists feel agrived at the behaviour of motorists but treat pedestrians way worse.....

A sizeable number actually cycle on the footpath in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

A sizeable number actually cycle on the footpath in my experience.
    Indeed they do, and as a cyclist, it makes me cringe. One of my work colleagues (a lady in her 50s) told me how she returned to cycling for the first time in years this week, but retreated to the footpath after been blown out of it three times in quick succession for having the temerity to cycle out of the gutter. I hate seeing cyclists on the footpath, but I'm starting to understand why they do it.

I guess the Bristol video will encourage many more cyclists onto the footpath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

coolbeans wrote: »
    Utter, utter bull****. You're a complete fantasist projecting how you wish to be perceived in reality online. Sad.
    LOL - an earlier poster said that the cyclists wouldn be getting their pumps ready for an all out attack!!!!
    Sad but true coolbeans. I got legal advice on the legality of pursuing and apprehending a scumbag cyclist who has caused damage or breached the peace. If you're going to apprehend and detain you need have rock solid evidence or you risk a charge of false imprisonment.
    Dash cam is the best investment I have made in years. Its rarely required and sometimes the mere mention of it is enough to force a lycra head to change tack and fook off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭furiousox

"scumbag cyclist" and "lycra head" eh?
    I think that tells me all I need to know about you and your opinions.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Furiousox. Do a search for threads started by a "TimAllen"
    Fencer is a rereg of that user since the Great Hack.

Both are banned from Cycling for regular trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement