Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5 to €1000 (Part 2)

Options
  • 18-02-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Starting up another thread as the other one got clogged up with losing ones etc. I've taken everything on board that everyone has suggested, so I'm hoping to go alot further this time.

Bet 1

€5 Single - In Play

Over 1.5 Sunderland Goals @ Evens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

shocksy wrote: »
    Bet 1

€5 Single - In Play

Over 1.5 Sunderland Goals @ Evens

Lovely stuff :D 2-0

(Thats the way to start off the thread)

Balance €10

Bet 2.

€10 Treble

Olimpia Asuncion v Independiente FBC - Over 1.5 @ 1/5
    Deportes La Serena v O'Higgins - Over 1.5 @ 1/5
    Los Millionarios v Atletico Nacional Medellin - Over 1.5 @ 2/7

Potential Returns €18.51

Thats as close to evens as i can get it. I'll hopefully make up for it along the way. These games always seem to throw up a few goals, so hopefully tonight is no different.

Bet 2.

€10 Treble

Olimpia Asuncion v Independiente FBC - Over 1.5 @ 1/5
    Deportes La Serena v O'Higgins - Over 1.5 @ 1/5
    Los Millionarios v Atletico Nacional Medellin - Over 1.5 @ 2/7

Potential Returns €18.51

Thats as close to evens as i can get it. I'll hopefully make up for it along the way. These games always seem to throw up a few goals, so hopefully tonight is no different.

And we have a winner :D

May the luck continue :)

Balance €18.51

Bet 3.

€18.51 Treble

Picked out this treble for tomorrow, a little over evens, to make up for bet 2 which was under evens.
    The turkish football games have gone my way alot recently so gonna throw them into the challenge , the two games i have selected should go over 1.5 handily enough, i'de be very surprised and disappointed if they didnt, and the Spanish La Liga match i would also expect it to go over 1.5

Screenshot of the bet below.

25sy2z7.jpg

Bet 3.

€18.51 Treble

Picked out this treble for tomorrow, a little over evens, to make up for bet 2 which was under evens.
    The turkish football games have gone my way alot recently so gonna throw them into the challenge , the two games i have selected should go over 1.5 handily enough, i'de be very surprised and disappointed if they didnt, and the Spanish La Liga match i would also expect it to go over 1.5

Screenshot of the bet below.

25sy2z7.jpg

YESSSSSS :D:D GET IN

WINNERRRRRR :)

Balance €42.19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd be careful with all these trebles, one will bite you in the arse.

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd be careful with all these trebles, one will bite you in the arse.

I obviously dont intend doing trebles throughout the challenge, the last two i saw as excellent choices and i was right, if i see a bet that i think has a great chance and close to evens i will be there to take it on :cool::cool:

Singles can just as easily bite you in the ass, hence part 1 of the challenge, over 1.5 and BTTS are the way to go.

Been a reasonably lucky weekend for me, so Im gonna try and hopefully finish it with bet 4 of the challenge winning while my luck is in. If not, well all is not lost, i did only start with €5. I can always try again :)

Barcelona have some defensive problems tonight with Alves and Mascherano suspended, also slight injuries with Xavi, Busquets and Adriano, It also remains to be seen how motivated they will be tonight after a good win in the champions league midweek and especially as the league is mostly likely Real Madrid's to lose. I strongly think Valencia will get a goal, and Barcelona at home you would have to presume they will get at least one aswell. So my bet is as follows,

Bet 4.

€42.19 Single

Barcelona V Valencia - BTTS @ 10/11

Potential Returns €80.54

262oec9.jpg

Bet 4.

€42.19 Single

Barcelona V Valencia - BTTS @ 10/11

Potential Returns €80.54

262oec9.jpg

Great stuff, and it only took 22 minutes :D:D

Couple days off now, dont wanna push my luck.

Halfway there now, 4 bets down, 4 to go.

Balance €80.54

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Well done man,nice work. Would you consider banking at the 500e mark ?......and re-starting at either a 5er or 10er?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Great stuff Shocksy. Might give it a bash myself but would probably bottle it if the stakes get too big. Hope you do it

Already i have my doubts whether to continue or not :pac:

I'de hate to lose if i got to €300 or there abouts, because that would be alot of money to me, even €100 is alot to me, so part of me is saying do one more and bank it and start off again... Because i would be raging if i put on a stake of €160 and lost it, would be quite silly considering that is a nice sum of money.

A part of me is thinking go to over a €100 and stop, then start all over again, if i manage to do it a couple of times, well thats a couple of hundred in my pocket and not the bookies, if I'm being honest theres no way i will go the full distance, just too much to lose :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Don't chicken out. Your betting is good. Put the big money on what you consider safeish bets.

I'll probably see if i like something come the weekend, if im happy with something i'll go with the balance i have on another evens shot give or take, and take it from there.... :D

Sounds so easy when i say, 4 more bets and i could be at the €1000 mark :pac:
    Would be unreal to win that, god knows Paddy Power owes it to me at this stage lol, he could be paying for my summer holiday :P haa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd do the following - if you win two more bets, bank all but 25 and start again, when (if) you reach 300, bank 250 and start with 50, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Already i have my doubts whether to continue or not :pac:

I'de hate to lose if i got to €300 or there abouts, because that would be alot of money to me, even €100 is alot to me, so part of me is saying do one more and bank it and start off again... Because i would be raging if i put on a stake of €160 and lost it, would be quite silly considering that is a nice sum of money.

A part of me is thinking go to over a €100 and stop, then start all over again, if i manage to do it a couple of times, well thats a couple of hundred in my pocket and not the bookies, if I'm being honest theres no way i will go the full distance, just too much to lose :P:P

If you give yourself 100% commitment to go the whole way then it would possibly be easier on you I reckon. That is if you have full commitment then if you mis-bet towards the end you can say that all you really committed was €5. Assume your last bet is as important as your first and your first is as important as your last. Don't rush into anything, if a bet doesn't jump out at you and I mean really grab you then just wait, there's no rush and this isn't the pools. Just remember the 320 to 640 jump is the equivalent as the 16k-32k question in Who Wants to be a Millionaire, nice little bank after it ;)

I love this idea, going to set it up for myself soon with a few rules.
    1. 100% commitment to the end
    2. Never be tempted by a bet with more to gain than evens
    3. Never rush into a bet
    4. Never bet more than a fiver at the start (no matter how tempting 2k from €10 looks)
    Seems legit :pac:

If you give yourself 100% commitment to go the whole way then it would possibly be easier on you I reckon. That is if you have full commitment then if you mis-bet towards the end you can say that all you really committed was €5. Assume your last bet is as important as your first and your first is as important as your last. Don't rush into anything, if a bet doesn't jump out at you and I mean really grab you then just wait, there's no rush and this isn't the pools. Just remember the 320 to 640 jump is the equivalent as the 16k-32k question in Who Wants to be a Millionaire, nice little bank after it ;)

I love this idea, going to set it up for myself soon with a few rules.
    1. 100% commitment to the end
    2. Never be tempted by a bet with more to gain than evens
    3. Never rush into a bet
    4. Never bet more than a fiver at the start (no matter how tempting 2k from €10 looks)
    Seems legit :pac:

Great post mate :) I've decided to stick it out, and as i had previously stated in the other thread which was part 1, this type of challenge is definitely one that you have to be patient with, as you said, if nothing stands out, just continue waiting till i see something i really like, whether that takes a week or two weeks etc it doesn't matter, theres no rush to reach the target. It CAN be achieved with the right mind set and thats how im approaching it.

Best of luck to you when you start yours up, set up a log on here :D
    It would be good to see a few of the lads on here doing it and see how we get on, maybe one of us will get the bookies for a €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Starting my own tonight. Should be a bit of crack. But im stopping at €100 after 4 bets. Putting €500 on a bet is too much for me. Best of luck with yours

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Starting my own tonight. Should be a bit of crack. But im stopping at €100 after 4 bets. Putting €500 on a bet is too much for me. Best of luck with yours

Best of luck mate.

Im starting a second one myself with William Hill, wont be posting it up here as i dont wanna clog the forum etc, gonna stop at €100 if i get far on that one and any other ones i do in the future aswell, €100 is a nice sum to collect, and if it was possible to win a few, those €100's would add up to a nice bit of cash. Hope you go far, you an me have the same thinking, i'de be like you in the sense that betting €100 plus is too much for me. I'll attempt this challenge once an then that will be it, i will bail out after that :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Depending on how much cash you are willing to lose you could consider having a rolling system, whereby you have bets on at different stages of the cycle.

Let's say 15 quid per week. Start on the Sat, hold off until leg three wins and start your second one. Aim for leg three on your second bet too and start again with your third fiver. That way, when your bet eventually loses, you'll have another almost ready to take it's place. Think of baseball bases. Just thinking out loud!

One thing I suggest you follow for definite is that you should cross check your selection on Betfair. If your price is equal to or better than the price on Betfair, you are getting v good value. If the price on Betfair is a good bit better than yours, I would skip it and move on.

This tactic has worked wonders for me, but I don't bet day to day anymore as I lose the discipline after a couple of loses. That's why I suggest sticking to your weekly budget. If you don't, it's a scary road downwards....

Following the thread closely! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Ive been away from gambling for a while but after readin your log I'm back :p
    well done so far and goodluck with hittin the €1000 ;)

Derek! wrote: »
    Ive been away from gambling for a while but after readin your log I'm back :p
    well done so far and goodluck with hittin the €1000 ;)

Ahh your back :P Hadn't seen you post for awhile, hopefully you can give us all some winners after your break :D

turbobaby wrote: »
    Depending on how much cash you are willing to lose you could consider having a rolling system, whereby you have bets on at different stages of the cycle.

Let's say 15 quid per week. Start on the Sat, hold off until leg three wins and start your second one. Aim for leg three on your second bet too and start again with your third fiver. That way, when your bet eventually loses, you'll have another almost ready to take it's place. Think of baseball bases. Just thinking out loud!

One thing I suggest you follow for definite is that you should cross check your selection on Betfair. If your price is equal to or better than the price on Betfair, you are getting v good value. If the price on Betfair is a good bit better than yours, I would skip it and move on.

This tactic has worked wonders for me, but I don't bet day to day anymore as I lose the discipline after a couple of loses. That's why I suggest sticking to your weekly budget. If you don't, it's a scary road downwards....

Following the thread closely! :)

Thats a good idea :D Keeping one or two going seperatly, it would kill some of the disappointment if i got burned on a high stake... May give that shot :)

Okay here it is.

Backing Italian football in the challenge, Am i mad? F*ck knows, but these two teams certainly know how to score against each other, Both teams have scored against each other in 5 out of their last 7 meetings. Fiorentina had a bad loss at home against Napoli last Friday, and will want to get back to some decent form tonight especially as they beat Udinese at the start of February. Bologno on the other hand will be fighting to stay out of the relegation zone of Serie A, and thus need to get points on the table, they have held Napoli and Roma to score draws recently and if they bring the same fight into this game they are more than capable of scoring against Fiorentina.

Bet 5.

€80.54 Single

Bologno Vs Fiorentina - BTTS @ 11/10

Potential Returns = €169.13

Its by no means a guarantee, but i think it has a very good chance of coming in, and for that reason i am happy enough to make it Bet 5 of the challenge. If I'm wrong, well back to the drawing board, and i will have technically only lost €5 anyway.

and i will have technically only lost €5 anyway.
    That's the spirit, commitment to the end ensures this line of thinking. Think of it like a game of poker with your mates, you don't really have €50,000 in front of you. You're not really re-raising a €10k bet. They're all just figures to get you to the final outcome of the original pot of something like €40, or in this case €1k.

The 3 outcomes are:
    1. Win €1,160
    2. Win €160
    3. Lose €5
    Admittedly the odds favour option 3 though :o

I dont know how Fiorentina have not scored yet, so unlucky, hopefully they come out in the second half and get an early goal, and make my bet a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Ahh your back :P Hadn't seen you post for awhile, hopefully you can give us all some winners after your break :D
    I wish man but I'm probably as bad a gambler as ever :p
    I'm stealin your idea and doin this myself but puttin it down on paper instead.

It should be good craic for €5 if nothin else

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

It's a nice idea to get to a grand, but it's really like any 200/1 accumulator - a huge long shot

Well thats the end of the road for me on this occasion, Fiorentina had so many chances in the first half but just couldn't get it into the back of the net, and then the red card at the beginning of the second half more or less sealed the faith of the bet.... F*ck it.

Onwards and Upwards.... Lets do it all over again.....

Bet 1.

€5 Single

Dundee Utd V Kilmarnock - BTTS @ 19/20

Potential Returns €9.75

• Advertisement

Ninap wrote: »
    It's a nice idea to get to a grand, but it's really like any 200/1 accumulator - a huge long shot
    Not necessarily, an accumulator limits you to the bets on the day where you have to put them all down at once. This way, you can wait as long as you want until you see an evens bet that you're happy with.

Advertisement