Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Features I never knew my car has

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Marlow wrote: »
    It's a common enough thing. BMW's do it at +3 degrees and blink the temperature in the display then.

/M

VW's set to +4. Annoying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

VW's set to +4. Annoying.

That'd be because that's the temperature water starts to expand at under normal circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's half the year like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

The reason behind it being that its water on the road surface on bridges that is most susceptibile to freezing and as a result of this creating black ice, thats why there's a quick warning. I lived in Germany for a while, they tend to have wider rivers and longer bridges than we do and with the high speeds and ignorance of some drivers, black ice crashes and pile ups aren't uncommon.

Very helpful IMO, every car should have it, lets hope you never need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

bijapos wrote: »
    lets hope you never need it.

Seriously? "let's hope you never need it"

That kind of climate change denial is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Happens at +4 on my Focus, handy feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The trip computer on my S-Max popped up a little scroll one day saying that my left front dipped bulb had blown, which i thought was useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Audi A4 b6 (dual climate control)

If you hold the drivers side auto button on the climate control the two settings will sync and you can change both together, just change the passenger side to un-sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Refrigerated glove box!

Well, an aircon vent into the glove box. Which I suppose means oven glove box if I have the heat pumping!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Refrigerated glove box!

Well, an aircon vent into the glove box. Which I suppose means oven glove box if I have the heat pumping!

Vw? If so nope, it only filters in cold air. Have it in the golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

...oven glove box if I have the heat pumping!

Glove-box pop-tarts! Wohooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Elessar wrote: »
    Vw? If so nope, it only filters in cold air. Have it in the golf.

Honda - I'll throw some popcorn in and let you know how I get on :pac:

Advertisement