Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 18/02/2012

Options
  • 17-02-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭

The guests appearing for the show are

Marco Pierre White - About him working on the Dublin Restaurant and the fallout with Gordon Ramsay. ( Nothing surprising about Ramsay IMO).

Danielle Mason & Tony Giles - Stars of My Big Fat Gyspy Wedding on Channel 4 (I've seen a video of it on youtube, )

Music provided by Emeli Sandé - Never seen her or heard her music before in my life.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0217/saturday.html

You think the quality of guests are good than the LLS?

It is a little bit interesting this week, I am hoping that Brendan would not mess it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Great stuff!!! I'm a big fan of Marco Pierre White :) He used to have a restaurant with actor, Michael Caine too until they fell out :D He is an interesting character ;)

"Mother nature is the true artist" :D

It's all fun and games until someone has an accident :eek:

Saturday Night Show crew member awarded damages after RTE set accident
    Friday February 17 2012

AN RTÉ worker, who was injured on the set of the station’s flagship The Saturday Night Show, has been awarded damages of €18,500.

Arthur McMullen, 59, from Goatstown, Co Dublin, fell over a studio floor lamp and injured his left elbow.

The accident happened in February 2010, but Mr McMullan suffers from pain in his elbow to this day.

Mr McMullan told Judge Jacqueline Linnane that on several occasions he had to free a drape which had become snagged up in a mirror ball and had fallen on his arm.

Judge Linnane said Mr McMullen had worked accident free in RTÉ for 38 years and said he had been working in poorly lit conditions in a cluttered studio at the time of his accident.

The show, which is broadcast at primetime and attracts a huge audience, is presented by Brendan O’Connor.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/saturday-night-show-crew-member-awarded-damages-after-rte-set-accident-3023732.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

MrsD007 wrote: »

Great. The tax payer is hit once again by RTE incompetence. :mad:

Also appearing on tonight's show are:

Celebrity Chef, Paul Rankin will talk to Brendan about through his career from boom to bust and back to success again.

I used to love watching him and his beautiful Canadian wife, Jeanne in their early TV programmes, they were hilarious :) Unfortunately, the pair separated last year :(

Mary O'Conor is a psychosexual therapist, relationship counsellor, author and broadcaster, she is married to the internationally acclaimed classical pianist and teacher John O'Conor.

Their son Hugh came into the limelight when, as a child actor, he played the part of the young Christy Brown in Jim Sheridan's Oscar winning film "My Left Foot."

Mary will tell us about Ireland's move from sexual repression to sexual liberation and reveals the most common bedroom problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

telekon wrote: »
    Great. The tax payer is hit once again by RTE incompetence. :mad:

or some fella not looking where he was going. studios are dark places behind the cameras. you'd think he'd have realised that in 38 years of working there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Two celebrity chefs in the one night?

Too many cooks ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid wrote: »
    Two celebrity chefs in the one night?
    Too many cooks ...

Well on the positive side, as long as Tubridy isnt presenting it, it will be substantially better than last nite's offering.. He squeezed every bit of life out of Noel Gallagher and Michael Winslow.. probably one of his worst Late Late Shows

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Marco Pierre White is in Ranelagh of all places.

http://www.marcopierrewhite.ie/Default.aspx

I think the website is very well designed IMO. The menus BTW are good value for a night out.

I hope if his rant on Gordon Ramsay will be minimal tonight. I remember when he went on Tubridy Tonight and couldn't bother talking about him.

Also, I still ask the question about hearing Emile Sandé's music. I certainly haven't heard it.

Is she any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It's all fun and games until someone has an accident :eek:

I see the Jury were shown this Youtube clip as past of the Plaintoff's case (according to the print version of the Irish Independent) BoC should have claimed for a few quid too, he took his life in his hands tackling that curtain all by himself :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Looking forward to Marco Pierre White.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to Marco Pierre White.
    I’ve always been a big fan of Marco but I’m a little bit disappointed in him of late:(

For years, he was going on about how important it was to make chicken stock from scratch. So like a fool, I used to have chicken carcasses and vegetables simmering for hours, so I would end up with the perfect chicken stock.

And want does Marco do to me???? he gets in to bed with Knorr Stock Cubes :mad::mad::mad:

Marco-Pierre-White-Knorr--001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I’ve always been a big fan of Marco but I’m a little bit disappointed in him of late:(

For years, he was going on about how important it was to make chicken stock from scratch. So like a fool, I used to have chicken carcasses and vegetables simmering for hours, so I would end up with the perfect chicken stock.

And want does Marco do to me???? he gets in to bed with Knorr Stock Cubes :mad::mad::mad:

Marco-Pierre-White-Knorr--001.jpg

:eek::eek:

I wonder what Mary O'Connor will have to say about that?? :D

:eek::eek:

I wonder what Mary O'Connor will have to say about that?? :D
    Steeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddyyyyyyy Harry :eek:

You're not on the S&S forum :p

Here we go now!

Skid wrote: »

Hi Skid, that was the first thing that crossed my mind as I read through the details of the case... Another case of lack of personal responsibility, then blame your employer..

No harm to put his scumbag mug on the T.V.

Shocking case.. I would have driven the b*stards head..

We are not all from Dublin Brendan:rolleyes:

But it was good to compare rubbish to Tallafornia though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Bit tough on Brendan there!

• Advertisement

I always expect him to have a French accent.

How long before MPW says "Mother nature is the true artist"?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Brendan conveniently leaving out the part about yer man chasing the burglar and driving over him in his car....twice.

And the Germans are hardly robbing us. We owe them a crap load of money. :rolleyes:

I always expect him to have a French accent.
    His mother was Italian and his father was English. He grew up in Yorkshire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Marco's hair looked normal but then he saw the scumbag's photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Good evening! Looovvveee this guy!! he's so cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

This guy seems kinda self-important. He doesn't seem to like Brendan's humour.

^Probably a bit rash. He seems engaging enough tbh.

Tough ass chef.. he's been responsible for a load of deaths (by chocolate)

Aoife9 wrote: »
    Good evening! Looovvveee this guy!! he's so cool!!
    He was a fine looking man in his younger days.

marco-pierre-white-profile.jpg

• Advertisement

His mother was Italian and his father was English. He grew up in Yorkshire.

It's more of a reflex thing. Whenever I hear his name being called out, I expect him to be French/Italian. :D

Advertisement