Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really want to get into cycling - am i to old?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

My god man you are just a pup. Never too old to start something you are passionate about!Im 36 and i'm the best shape of my life mostly due to cycling.

On your training spins you will more than likely watch some grey haired guy whizz past you then ask yourself are you too old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Started at 16 and over 20 years later I'm still crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

I guess this answers the 'Am I too old ?' question...

"French cyclist breaks age group record for The Hour - three months after his 100th birthday"

http://road.cc/content/news/52765-french-cyclist-breaks-age-group-record-hour-three-months-after-his-100th-birthday

I loved this quote from the article... “For the last five years I have decided not to go for rides of more than 100km,” he went on, adding with supreme understatement, “There is no point going overboard. I want to keep cycling for some time yet.”

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

I'm 23, am I too young?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

I'm 32 and have gradually got back in over the last year (mostly on an alloy framed mountain bike). I got a giant defy 5 road bike two weeks ago and now i cant get enough of it. i think i might get the wife to sleep in the spare room so i can have it beside me even when i sleep. i suppose it's all explained in my user name.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement