Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone "Must Have" Apps

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Final Fantasy for Windows Phone? Oh, yes please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone else here using the deezer app?

It seems to work well enough so far. I do get the odd random reboot but I've been getting them anyway since I broke my old phone.

Fan of Top Gear? Well then you can finally get the BBC Top Gear App

Download HERE [Free App]
    Keep up to date with Top Gear HQ 24 hours a day.

Do you love Top Gear? Do you want to get more?

With the new Top Gear News app, you can get all the latest news, videos and random nonsense from the Top Gear team, wherever you are. And it’s completely free to download and use.

Here are just some of the great features:
    - All the latest news, rants and opinions from Top Gear
    - Videos and photo galleries
    - Behind the scenes exclusives from the team
    - Your favourite clips from the Top Gear show
    - Previews of upcoming Top Gear stuff
    - The latest cars driven and reviewed

Once downloaded, you can view videos offline, without an internet connection - great for tube or train journeys.
    Never be without your Top Gear fix again.

Get the new Top Gear News app on your phone. It’s completely free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

gMaps Pro is free for today. It's still showing as €1.99 if you go to the marketplace through your phone, but it's free if you go through the web. Just select to install it there and it goes straight to your phone.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/apps/5fad1b41-f8db-4397-b584-4a0da12fe233

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

stevenmu wrote: »
    gMaps Pro is free for today. It's still showing as €1.99 if you go to the marketplace through your phone, but it's free if you go through the web. Just select to install it there and it goes straight to your phone.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/apps/5fad1b41-f8db-4397-b584-4a0da12fe233

I was still able to get it free today, Cheers Steve.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Final Fantasy is out. :)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/apps/c6eaa012-9ee1-4125-b85d-dc2cbf868d8c

Gonna download the trial and give it a go myself.

Navigon is on sale again, got this last year when it first launched . No regrets so far :) top class sat nav.

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=da8734ed-666a-4227-81ea-8fc937752d98

60.49 is the sale price from the 80 euros or so average price. Well worth it

I was planning to get this when it went on sale again. But lately I've been thinking of getting a Nokia. Decisions, decisions.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    I was planning to get this when it went on sale again. But lately I've been thinking of getting a Nokia. Decisions, decisions.

Meh I got this ages ago when it first came out and never had any regrets. It does what its meant to do and does it very well. I don't have to worry about being tied down to Nokia to use it.

Nokia is a good free alternative now but Navigon is more feature rich right now. They will obviously update it eventually and catch up eventually, but right now Navigon is the bet Sat Nav available for WP7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Navigon is the bet Sat Nav available for WP7.

I have both and find Nokia Drive is miles ahead when it come to finding places compared to Navigon. Navigon is a pain in the arse to enter addresses! Just enter the name of a restaurant and Nokia Drive will find it.

The only thing I miss from Navigon is the Favorites list but that's coming soon...

I ended up grabbing a 710, with the price they are going for at the moment and the money I can hopefully raise selling my Omnia 7 it should work out pretty cheap. Plus I get a shiny new toy to hold me over till WP8.

AntiVirus wrote: »

I have both and find Nokia Drive is miles ahead when it come to finding places compared to Navigon. Navigon is a pain in the arse to enter addresses! Just enter the name of a restaurant and Nokia Drive will find it.

The only thing I miss from Navigon is the Favorites list but that's coming soon...

I actually stopped using the POI's from Navigon. They are a pain in the arse to go around. I just use the Google Local Search, which is always quite good and quick. Havent had any issues with entering an address or finding one. The only gripe I found with it, it would get lost in Sligo Town, didn't know certain roads were one way only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I actually stopped using the POI's from Navigon. They are a pain in the arse to go around. I just use the Google Local Search, which is always quite good and quick. Havent had any issues with entering an address or finding one. The only gripe I found with it, it would get lost in Sligo Town, didn't know certain roads were one way only.

Try any address in Booterstown :D

With the Nokia Drive just enter a few bits of an address and it will still be able to find it. When it comes to finding place's from an address there isn't a Sat Nav thats better.

http://www.wpcentral.com/exclusive-look-rebalancing-chickens-cant-fly-windows-phone

Looks like chickens cant fly is getting a big-ish update, already a great game if you haven't tried it :) reminds me a bit of older games back when it was fun to run or roll in one direction and collect lots of coins while avoiding monsters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Anyone know any network monitoring usage apps? Girlfriend just got a smartphone given to her but she is convinced that whatsapp and facebook browsing are going to make her exceed her 1gb cap :rolleyes:

Had a look for watchdog 3g which I have for android but not available for windows phone. Anyone got any ideas for a (preferably) free app?

BKtje wrote: »
    Anyone know any network monitoring usage apps? Girlfriend just got a smartphone given to her but she is convinced that whatsapp and facebook browsing are going to make her exceed her 1gb cap :rolleyes:

Had a look for watchdog 3g which I have for android but not available for windows phone. Anyone got any ideas for a (preferably) free app?

The only manufacturer that will be providing this will be Nokia around next month. Facebook and WhatsApp should not take 1GB. Unless she keeps flipping through thousands of pics a day on facebook.

There was a few leaks of the next Windows Phone update to have this built right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 maristella

Great list above.

Some WP apps that you should have as well:

Cocktail Flow

Xbox Companion App
    Surfcube

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

The only manufacturer that will be providing this will be Nokia around next month. Facebook and WhatsApp should not take 1GB. Unless she keeps flipping through thousands of pics a day on facebook.

There was a few leaks of the next Windows Phone update to have this built right in.
    Thanks! Did a bit more research after posting my question and apparently that the way the OS is written for windows phones that it is currently impossible to do. Good to know that this may be fixed in the future!

• Advertisement

BKtje wrote: »

Thanks! Did a bit more research after posting my question and apparently that the way the OS is written for windows phones that it is currently impossible to do. Good to know that this may be fixed in the future!

Well as said Nokia is cooking a custom app. As well for the rest we will have to wait for q4 this year

Advertisement