Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of irish female rapper - Lucci Minx

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

beso wrote: »
    Yes she is from tallaght she dont sound like she from tallaght or even look like she from Tallaght is what im saying ...........

What does someone from Tallaght look like exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

DownloadImage.Ashx?ImageId=267047&ImageSize=Medium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

nucentz-promo-1.jpg

Danny Dire.

DownloadImage.Ashx?ImageId=267047&ImageSize=Medium

And you honestly don't think she'd fit in right in the middle there?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Please bring this back on topic. If appearance of individuals from certain areas needs to be discussed, please use the Region forums, or preferably somewhere else more suited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

i find that insulting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    i find that insulting.
    what do you find insulting? Please use the report post option that is available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    what do you find insulting? Please use the report post option that is available to you.
    to report what.:confused:

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    to report what.:confused:
    whatever you have found to insult you. Do not reply on the thread to this comment, it has been derailed enough with the last few posts.

Either PM me, report the post that you have found to be insulting or move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

smash wrote: »
    I would...

At least twice!

Lol

First, I like whoever made the video, very stylish and well made. However I really can understand very little that's coming out of her mouth. It's not really coherent and didn't make me greatly intrigued. Lyrically a bit pompous and arrogant which is funny considering well she's a nobody in the industry at the moment. Also, she screams sex which could be toned down slightly. She's absolutely stunning, beautiful wan. I'm just not feeling the rap one bit... Maybe she should rap about a personal experience or something in society or something she feels stringy about. I just didn't like it at all, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Beamer, Benz or Bentley is years old (2009 I think?) and every rapper and their mother has their own version, this won't get any attention, bad choice of song IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

This is proper cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Utter ****e but she'd still get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The whole accent thing aside, it's more her choice of words I can't understand.

People in Ireland don't talk about 'haters', 'getting their grind on' or 'boulevards'. It's hard to take any Irish rapper seriously who, when the second they start rapping, they start talking like a Yank. It may sound silly at first, but I'll take Irish rappers seriously if they rap with the same vocab they talk with, like RíRá or Rob Kelly do, iirc.

BTW, not saying that's what all Irish rappers do.

EDIT: Here's an interview with her on Youtube, doesn't excuse her rapping 'accent', imo. She sounds like a Dub.

She sounds nothing like a Dub in that interview even some of her vocab is clearly not Dublin and even when she does that whole "as we say here" it sounds forced.

Also, if any of us were able to understand i word she said otherwise it might be alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

That video is just bizarre. Ive seen a video from her before which was equally odd and sh1te. Who in gods name ever thought that was a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

How come she wasn't included in the Irish Rap documentary on RTE the other nite? :mad:

Dramatik wrote: »
    How come she wasn't included in the Irish Rap documentary on RTE the other nite? :mad:

Because there was only so much sham available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Her accent in that interview is insanely ****ing fake.

She is TRYING to sound like she's not from Tallaght, she lived in LA for a wet week when her old girlband were making afew tracks, the tracks never got released, the band was dropped and they were shipped home, she wasn't there long enough to develop an accent and even if she was, people from the West Coast of the US do not sound like that AT ALL.

It's like she listened to too many Alicia Keys albums and wanted to sound like she was from NY so tried to develop the same vocal patterns.

On top of that, she can't ****ing rap.

Fair play to the girl, she's a peeler, but feck off and join another **** girlband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Awfull singer/rapper. Very dated music.
    Good looking though

You know that's her sister who plays the Guard in Damo the skanger's video on RTE?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRKSSxfPsQ

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

She sounds too much like that Australian rapper Iggy azalea and thats a bad thing. Man to many female rappers these days and only a few are good.

Jaysus, who dragged this up?

Thoughts almost a year on........... the video is nicely put together.

The song is embarrassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

irish hip hop looking as great as it ever was, its idiots like this one who make it so comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

That was horrific, I don't know which was worse the video or the song. The grils following her round the street were like the zombies shuffling behind Jacko in Thriller.

irish hip hop looking as great as it ever was, its idiots like this one who make it so comical.

Rick Ross is 1000 times bigger than this one in the general hip-hop scene, does he represent all of hip-hop?

Of course he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Rick Ross is 1000 times bigger than this one in the general hip-hop scene, does he represent all of hip-hop?

Of course he doesn't.

i know there's clowns in all circles of life. Does this idiot really think she is from america, whats with the accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Why is she rubbing her bum off the wall in the video?

I dont normally mind accents, but the "Brooklyn New Yorker Alicia Keys Ghetto accent with a Jewish twang" is taking it too far....unless she is from Brookyln and Jewish, then its all good.
    itchy arse maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

cringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

60 posts on this dope, is there a way to block/ignore threads? Sick of seeing this being bumped up to the top of the Hip-Hop section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement