Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 26 Captain Poll

Options
  • 15-02-2012 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

So who you guys picking as captain in GW26, Aguero for me

25 Feb 15:00 Chelsea v Bolton
    25 Feb 15:00 Newcastle v Wolves
    25 Feb 15:00 QPR v Fulham
    25 Feb 15:00 West Brom v Sunderland
    25 Feb 15:00 Wigan v Aston Villa
    25 Feb 17:30 Man City v Blackburn
    26 Feb 13:30 Arsenal v Tottenham
    26 Feb 13:30 Norwich v Man Utd
    26 Feb 15:00 Stoke City v Swansea

Who will be your Captain in Gameweek 26? 112 votes

Mata
    0%
    Torres
    0%
    Sturidge
    1%
    carlconcaddy16 2 votes
    Ba
    0%
    Demba Cisse
    26%
    tiborDingatronrorycJoeyjoejoe43Mars BarGLaDOSmailburner[Deleted User]FutureGuyStevecwAmiranikearneybobsredarmyOwlsZatkennyb3Jax Tellerbadkermassdebaternarfsnonsensefroog 30 votes
    Zamora
    0%
    PopTarts 1 vote
    Djbril Cisse
    0%
    Dempsey
    0%
    AwayWithFaries 1 vote
    McClean
    2%
    kaiphassmokingman[Deleted User] 3 votes
    Sessegnon
    0%
    Odemwinge
    1%
    timbelFatRat 2 votes
    Bent
    0%
    Silva
    0%
    james123 1 vote
    Aguero
    5%
    keano_afcRikandronan.hIm_No_SupermanSlickRiccup of tea 6 votes
    Dzeko
    37%
    SickBoyparasitePWEIbohsmanspartacus93Grid.dahatmenoscemoSeamus LFCHarpyeagle eyekeane2097Shane732Nuri SahinciantheodShorty69664dakidx PyRoirish_manmanual_man 42 votes
    VPersie
    0%
    Bale
    5%
    POKERKINGrock whoregobo99Ormuscoronaextratipperaryman 6 votes
    VDV
    0%
    itsnotmyfault 1 vote
    Adebayour
    0%
    Rooney
    0%
    Tristram 1 vote
    Valencia
    12%
    Delboy5KevIRLDilogoatMr MoonRoonboxNalzcunninstuntpatrickcstephen_kDeviarcottereBigtoe107Stey_9rosskind 14 votes
    Nani
    0%
    redzerdrog 1 vote
    Holt
    0%
    Sideshow Mark 1 vote
    Sinclair
    0%
    Sidgoursson
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Dzeko
    I went for Aguero, he either does it big this week or he's out.
    It's his very very very very very very very very last chance, honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Dzeko
    SickBoy wrote: »
    I went for Aguero, he either does it big this week or his out.
    It's his very very very very very very very very last chance, honest!

Give him 2 games, city have bolton then blackburn at home next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Demba Cisse
    List of the fixtures be handy aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Demba Cisse
    got rid of aguero for rooney, so it's ba for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Dzeko
    Aguero for me as well. Not sure about Ba as captain, Wolves will be looking to impress their new manager so they will try and put in a good performance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Dzeko
    Next time instead of listing out so many players, just list maybe 10 of the most common ones then "Other (Post below) or something"

Its just handier in case someone is going for a non obvious player that wasn't listed above in the poll and still wants to vote.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dzeko
    Unless you have both, it's rather straightforward.

Kun or Rooney.

I have the former, and it's last chance saloon for him. Too many 2 point GW's from him recently and Rooney the last couple of matches has me worried now. Think this decision, as to who have will make a break for many an EPL FF team come the final standings.

While Blackburn (up against City this weekend) won their match in GW 25, by a few different accounts they were lucky to do so as QPR wasted many chances to score a third goal. I like Dann as a defender but without Samba organising that defence you'd hope Kun can least grab one goal minimum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Demba Cisse
    is balotelli back for blackburn game? could be the mother of all differentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dzeko
    I'm sure I clicked Silva but my vote went in as Aguero. I don't even have him. :(

Dzeko
    froog wrote: »
    is balotelli back for blackburn game? could be the mother of all differentials.

Fairly sure he is. Tbh I fancy Balotelli to start both games against Porto. Hopefully Kun might get some much needed rest, people forget for players like him what the winter period takes out of a player coming from leagues which take a break then. I remember Silva commenting last year that it did take it's toll on him.
    I'm sure I clicked Silva but my vote went in as Aguero. I don't even have him. :(

Fixed.

• Advertisement

Dzeko
    Fixed.

Thanks, but I think you did it backwards. ;) Looks like you took someone else's Silva vote and put it on Aguero. Silva now has 0 votes instead of 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Dzeko
    Aguerro with Ba as VC.

Aguerro on last chance saloon here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Will probably go for Silva but Aguero and Ba are possibilities as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Valencia
    Silva is probably better off with no votes, he's not the sort of player to captain, yeah he's always involved with everything City do, but he hasn't scored well in a good while now.

Anyway I'm going with Rooney since I got rid of the waste of money that is Kun.

Ba was a close second!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dzeko
    Aguero for me,he does well in City's home games and I can see Blackburn and Bolton being cannon fodder especially with Toure back to help.

As was posted by El Loco Ade,Ballotelli will most likely play the European games giving Aguero a rest for the league.

Dzeko
    Thanks, but I think you did it backwards. ;) Looks like you took someone else's Silva vote and put it on Aguero. Silva now has 0 votes instead of 2!

?

He only had the one vote and that was by yourself.

Dzeko
    ?

He only had the one vote and that was by yourself.

Bizarre, I look mad now. I swear it showed up on my end as having voted for Aguero ;)

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dzeko
    Torres...........

146.460x325.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Dzeko
    Any know when fat boy golfer Carlto iset a start for city.Im keeping aguero for two more fixtures then switching to Rooney unless Tevez is in earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Demba Cisse
    By the way, in these polls do people pick who they think is the best option in the entire game or just who they'll captain from their own team? I usually try to pick who I think is the best option. On numerous occasions this season I've picked Lampard even though I've never owned him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Demba Cisse
    I'm surprised by only 2 for RVP - im quite torn between him and Ba. There could be plenty of goals in a spurs arsenal game. Spurs have defo tightened up and have better players than before but derbies can be crazy.

Remember what happened away to chelski?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Dzeko
    Whilst I picked Aguero, I could well change to Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

VDV
    I'm surprised nobody is considering Bale. Arsenal look like they will struggle to put out a defense at the moment and there will be huge pressure on them to bounce back after their humiliation last night.

Spurs on the break can be devastating with any 2 of bale,lennon and defoe running at them. It could be a high scoring game.

I'd choose rooney if i had him:) but don't think i'll be going for aguero. bale for now.

Dzeko
    I'm surprised nobody is considering Bale. Arsenal look like they will struggle to put out a defense at the moment and there will be huge pressure on them to bounce back after their humiliation last night.

Spurs on the break can be devastating with any 2 of bale,lennon and defoe running at them. It could be a high scoring game.

I'd choose rooney if i had him:) but don't think i'll be going for aguero. bale for now.

That's probably down to a combination of the fact that the poll was set up before last night's humiliation and last time out when Spurs scored 5, Bale was not involved in any of them.

Even still, how often do you see high scores in derbies? Arsenal will step it up again for Spurs I should think.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

VDV
    That's probably down to a combination of the fact that the poll was set up before last night's humiliation and last time out when Spurs scored 5, Bale was not involved in any of them.

Even still, how often do you see high scores in derbies? Arsenal will step it up again for Spurs I should think.

There have been high scoring derbies between these teams and this one looks set up for up. I expect Arsenal to step it up but they are so vunerable at the back it's frightening.

Spurs last game was very strange with bale not really involved much at all. I wouldn't expect harry to start with ade and saha(who could be injured AGAIN) and this will mean relying more on bale.

Just my thoughts at the moment. He'd be a differential as captain as most will go with rooney,aguero or RVP(my second choice). Could backfire spectacularly but long time to go.

Dzeko
    I agree and I'm considering picking him myself. But every time I captain Bale he fails to perform (bar once) so I've got nervous about doing so. Same as Nani.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Holt
    For some reason I clicked on Nani, meant to say Ba!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Odemwinge
    Sturridge, Odemwingie, Sigurdsson, Adebayor, Djibril. ;)

I'm thinking Sessegnon at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Dzeko
    I am going for Aguero as cap. Does anyone know if the Argies are playing next week. I got this list from bbc site but they are not on it. Japan are playing Iceland on the 24th so Sigurdsson and Miyachi(+others?) could be gone next week.

International Friendlies February 2012

This table charts the fixtures for the International Friendlies in February 2012Show last 5 matches and coverageFixtureDateKick-offStatusLast updated 1 day agoShow Malaysia
    V
    Saudi Arabia
    Mon 20 Feb 01:00 Show China PR
    V
    Kuwait
    Wed 22 Feb 11:35 Show Paraguay
    V
    Guatemala
    Wed 22 Feb 23:30 Show Iran
    V
    Jordan
    Thu 23 Feb 01:00 Show Japan
    V
    Iceland
    Fri 24 Feb 10:20 Show Azerbaijan
    V
    Singapore
    Fri 24 Feb 17:30 Show South Korea
    V
    Uzbekistan
    Sat 25 Feb 05:00 Show N Ireland
    V
    Norway
    Wed 29 Feb 19:45 Show Rep of Ireland
    V
    Czech Republic
    Wed 29 Feb 19:45 Show Slovenia
    V
    Scotland
    Wed 29 Feb 19:45 Show Wales
    V
    Costa Rica
    Wed 29 Feb 19:45 Show England
    V
    Netherlands
    Wed 29 Feb 20:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Demba Cisse
    Toss up between Aguero and Ba. Blackburn without Samba probably have me shifting towards the latter

Advertisement