Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Fair play to that man, he's not sensationalising at all. Seems quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Well said Councillor.

Ain't often I get a chance to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I know that guy, he is bang on. The travellers are taking over and try to push none traveller people out. Some of the carry on is unbelievable...5 miles from my house...I see it first hand. They want equal rights but do not want to act properly..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Thats up near Vinegar Hill isnt it?
    Yup, notorious area.

That guy's point about the ITM "them-against-us" point was bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Paddy Kavanagh asked in a reasonable way why the Revenue aren't interested in going after these guys(Travellers) trading away and moving God knows what at all hours of the day or night...Joe will not give him much in the way of air time I bet..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Only hope that the next time professional apologist, Martin Collins, is given the freedom of the airwaves to berate us all for our "racist-ism" towards his oppressed kin, that Paddy Kavanagh is allowed to debate the subject alongside him.

That I'd pay to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

europa11 wrote: »
    Only hope that the next time professional apologist, Martin Collins, is given the freedom of the airwaves to berate us all for our "racist-ism" towards his oppressed kin, that Paddy Kavanagh is allowed to debate the subject alongside him.

That I'd pay to hear.

Martin Collins has never defended or acted as an apologist for any manner of anti-social activity. Quite how highlighting the problems that the Traveller community face, a community that by any measure isn't all culpable for the sort of stuff Paddy Kavanagh is rightly highlighting, means that they're supposed to act as a mouthpiece for the percentage of idiots who do engage in anti-social activity, escapes me. Pavee Point have a fair enough stance on anti-social and criminal activity - it's a matter for the guards. You presumably don't expect Paddy Kavanagh to be accountable for, or act as liason with every criminal scumbag in Enniscorthy, so what makes Martin Collins different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Saw a headline down in the shops saying that Gerry Adams is the second biggest spend on (ink :pac:) cartridges .... so no doubt Joe will be all over that tomorrow..

Here's a similar story about the same topic:

http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/current-affairs/o-snodaigh-wasnt-the-only-one-sucking-on-the-inky-tit-isnt-that-right-gerry-adams-0021614-1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

about the traveller story again, how can the council re locate them to a private estate ??

do they pay the rent ?

so this could happen to anyone ? - not just people living in a council estate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jcf wrote: »
    this could happen to anyone ? - not just people living in a council estate ?

God forbid. :( If the middle class get stuck with them there will be riots .....

.... Well a phone call to Joe Duffy and a threat to vote no in the upcoming referendum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Elmo wrote: »
    God forbid. :( If the middle class get stuck with them there will be riots .....

.... Well a phone call to Joe Duffy and a threat to vote no in the upcoming referendum.

Well I would worry about my mother who lives alone in a private estate,
    I wouldn't want that kind of scum to be placed next to her....

but of course we can't say that anymore .... it's not PC ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

alastair wrote: »
    Martin Collins has never defended or acted as an apologist for any manner of anti-social activity. Quite how highlighting the problems that the Traveller community face, a community that by any measure isn't all culpable for the sort of stuff Paddy Kavanagh is rightly highlighting, means that they're supposed to act as a mouthpiece for the percentage of idiots who do engage in anti-social activity, escapes me. Pavee Point have a fair enough stance on anti-social and criminal activity - it's a matter for the guards. You presumably don't expect Paddy Kavanagh to be accountable for, or act as liason with every criminal scumbag in Enniscorthy, so what makes Martin Collins different?

Totally agree with you Alastair, in the same way as I, as an Irish non traveller person, amn't responsible for the criminal scumbags in Limerick terrorising their neighbors, decent travellers aren't responsible for the low life ones, a register of these anti social families should be kept (non traveller's and traveller's or whatever) and councils should refuse them local authority housing, that would help the situation hugely, as regards them renting from private landlords its more problematic, but having said that, to rent my apartment I had to provide previous landlord, bank and work references otherwise I wouldn't have got it , this should be the minimum required for all rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jcf wrote: »
    Well I would worry about my mother who lives alone in a private estate,
    I wouldn't want that kind of scum to be placed next to her....

but of course we can't say that anymore .... it's not PC ...

Unlikely that the council owns many private houses in older estates or that older estates have many rented accommodation.

Plenty of settled scum about. But that is really not PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

so joe talked about those loving caring wouldnt hurt anyone culturaly oppresed peopel today? is it worth breaking my 2 weeks of not listening to live line to hear it on podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Is there some actual meat to this printing story or is it just the usual waste of our money? Why has no one produced one of these printed docs?

Where do I hand in my empty transparent, cellulose-based, pressure sensitive adhesive tape cardboard roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

withless wrote: »
    Is there some actual meat to this printing story or is it just the usual waste of our money? Why has no one produced one of these printed docs?

Not really. It sounds like he might have been printing anti-bin tax leaflets etc, as well as his constituency stuff. Strictly against the rules, but he wasn't getting anything out of it for himself, so it's not much of a story really.

Joe loved it though, anything to bash the shinners with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

DeValera rips up the treaty

Antisocial behavior

Problems in Temple St

Woke up this morning thinking it was friday. had a load of heavy abuse ready to fly at joe on twitter and here for aul fellas friday. just have to wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DeValera rips up the treaty
    it's amazing the old Devalera clan love having arguments over treaties. And they alter their name aswell. Shouldn't Dev Og surname be Spelt without a V at the end ? If it's not Devalero it O cuiv.

• Advertisement

was it just me or did anyone else here the health guy on the news say "these emails are sent electronically around the hospital"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Opthalmic surgeons Joe.

They're a disgrace Joe

What exactly did the surgeon say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

How about telling us what the bloody outrage is all about for those who didn't hear the good professor this morning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Wonder will the little bill signed into law by sherlock be mentioned today or will it be specific dublin-centric issues as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Would all the consultants consider a drop in wages to help out the children?

Is this a surprise?

What else is going to happen when a nations health service is cut back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Would all the consultants consider a drop in wages to help out the children?

Nail on head.

we are where we are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This man thinks it UnFunny Friday..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement