Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

He sounds nothing like Bertie Ahern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Red Cow staff will be keeping a close eye on the Throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

One of the great characters bertie. What a great character. His smile etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Let the horror begin........................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

This is hilarious. The crowd can barely contain themselves.

• Advertisement

"pint in fagans"

I thought he was saying "pint in vegas"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

syklops wrote: »
    Judging by that cheer, there are an awful lot of sad people out there.

more likely Dublins nursing homes have unburdened themselves for the afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

syklops wrote: »
    "pint in fagans"
    I thought he was saying "pint in vegas"

Pint in Lagos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

4 or 5 people nearly wet themselves at the mention of the word "knickers"... that's the level we're dealing with folks.

Budgie!
    Knickers!
    Vatican!
    Kerry!
    National sterotypes! Paddy and Mary!
    Nursing homes!
    Miniskirts!
    The Angelus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Gawd helpme!

forced to tune in here for a few minutes!.....a guy supposed to sound like Bertie sings a song in a C&W accent??????......Syl now on demonstrates the art of laughing at your own unfunny joke........Noel V Ginnitty.....church reference (careful now, that audience is still alive, wait 'til 3)...."Murphy sez Paddy..." oh sweet christ.

Yipeee! just got a call-out before Balloon Rogers, now I'm definitely out!....see ye Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

No way im taking the kids to visit nanny till this ****e is over, free dinner or not !!!!!!

Have yet to decide whether my steak n chips are worth sitting through D**k Mooney for tho.

They have rehearsed this...

Have turned off Joe, Doc savage et al. Have got re-runs of fawlty towers playing in the background on youtube. I have seen these episodes dozens of times before and they still manage to make me smile. Unlike the rubbish being spouted on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Jaysis where's me Ippy, I need to send this into a miraculous remission.

Once again people, the same Joe Duffy that doesnt like being slagged by David McSavage, has no problem making "jokes" about Mary O'Rourke's breasts... Good man Joe, a hypocrite on so many planes..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Once again people, the same Joe Duffy that doesnt like being slagged by David McSavage, has no problem making "jokes" about Mary O'Rourke's breasts... Good man Joe, a hypocrite on so many planes..

Their jokes are going very blue aren't, Oh I say sir, suit you sir!

Now to inject some humour into those jokes.

Usually I get updates to the thread via email. Was mildly-surprised I hadn't seen any in a while, so decided to check the thread. Four comments in 15 minutes??? That has to be some kind of a record for the least number of comments while the show is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

bet hate...people who fall over themselves laughing at their own jokes...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

surferdudz wrote: »
    bet hate...people who fall over themselves laughing at their own jokes...............

Dont forget the oul wans screaming with laughter in the audience, that really does my head in.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

This thread is dormant on "funny" Fridays. I switched on about 14:05, heard one quip about Mary O'Rourke's "rubber ducks" and hopped over to Moncreiff.

A joke that John Lennon told in the 1960s...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

shockwave wrote: »
    Dont forget the oul wans screaming with laughter in the audience, that really does my head in.:mad:

They're high on the buzz of being in the same room as Joe.
    Never meet your heroes, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

over on Lyric, John Kelly said "there's nothing funny about Friday here" between records.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

the average age of his listeners on Funny(!) Friday MUST be at least double that of his " normal " listenership..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Great news everybody !!!! The one and only Fry model railway has been saved! Can't wait until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Great news everybody !!!! The one and only Fry model railway has been saved! Can't wait until Monday.

Im sure duffy will lavish praise on himself and on liveline and claim they got it restored

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    Im sure duffy will lavish praise on himself and on liveline and claim they got it restored

It's not for nothing he's "Ireland's most influential broadcaster", though knowing Joe I suspect that's self-proclaimed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

And today's kick-off subject is...... censored priests! A little bit of religion, Joe can't resist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

FFS! We've had enough Godology!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement