Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

trust me Joe, you and I are living in two very different worlds.

Till Monday guys, enjoy funny friday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

syklops wrote: »
    He won 1000 euro in a credit union draw and is putting the money into the Cat(h)y Dawkin fund. Sure he made that much during the ad break. Big of him.

It's as charitable a gesture as pretty much any of us donating 5c. What a (insert word that rhymes with "blunt").

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe plugs unFunny Friday..."give yourself a break from the world we're all living in"

Give us a break Duffy, you're not on the same planet as the rest of us.
    That poor little rich boy act might be fooling some of 'de liddel peeple', but no-one here!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't listen to Joe every day, but Jez, that man earns his money easy.

Is there anybody out there who you might think earns his wage levels for doing easier work? I can't think of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

my friend wrote: »
    from terminal melanomas to 5 star Hotel gripes ...

You have to admire him for applying the same level of gravitas for both issues.

"My 16 year old daughter died."
    "Oh God..."

"My luxury hotel suite had a leak."
    "Oh God..."

Man o' the peeple

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't listen to Joe every day, but Jez, that man earns his money easy.

Is there anybody out there who you might think earns his wage levels for doing easier work? I can't think of one.

I can think of one contender.......He's on now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

europa11 wrote: »
    I can think of one contender.......He's on now :rolleyes:

and there`s another ...who is on from 11am to 1pm on Saturday and Sundays

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Time for your verdicts -

Laura. The alleged throw thief.

Guilty or Not Guilty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Laura "that throw was only resting in my case"

• Advertisement

Laura is the Bertie Ahern of hotel guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

GUILTY, if she was innocent she would have asked for a full public apology, all she wanted was her e50. I would have been more interested in an apology myself if I had been wrongly accused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Can't go throwing accusations around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lapin wrote: »
    Time for your verdicts -

Laura. The alleged throw thief.

Guilty or Not Guilty ?

Definitely guilty. If she was innocent and the fella at the desk said he thought she took the throw and he was charging her 50 quid, would she not have gone and gotten her case, opened it and said, "There do ya see a bleedin tro, do ya?".

She also referred to it as "an ugly oul tro", but didnt explain hwo she knew what it looked like because there hadnt been one in her room apparently.

Fair play to the manager from the hotel coming on and talking to her.

EDIT: ALso, reading twitter this morning, I couldn't believe the neck on Joe to tweet that he won 1000 euro and gave it to the Cathy Durkan appeal.

Aren't you feckin brilliant "Mr 400,000 euros a year, I'm now going to give 0.25% of it to charity and shout it from the roof tops."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Aren't you feckin brilliant "Mr 400,000 euros a year, I'm now going to give 0.25% of it to charity and shout it from the roof tops."

It's kind of like the way AIB say that they are supporting communities... pumping money in to GAA clubs and the like.... When realistically they have taken MULTIPLES of what they have purported to have given from Irish communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

It's kind of like the way AIB say that they are supporting communities... pumping money in to GAA clubs and the like.... When realistically they have taken MULTIPLES of what they have purported to have given from Irish communities.

Ah now stop knocking da banks, sure without them we wouldn't be where we are now............................oh wait ...****e

Funnier than anything we re likely to hear on Funny Dysentry Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My mother is heading to the Red Cow:o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Are you keeping her company ??

Owryan wrote: »
    Are you keeping her company ??

Certainly not:D

Could you not talk her out of it?

Maybe if one of these days Joe turned up at the Red Cow with Doc savage & da gang, and no-one was there, they might end this abysmal waste of time and money that is "funny( I use the term loosely) friday"

• Advertisement

EDIT: ALso, reading twitter this morning, I couldn't believe the neck on Joe to tweet that he won 1000 euro and gave it to the Cathy Durkan appeal.

Well, technically it's 0.00% as this is additional income Joe won (is there any justice in this country at all?!). He didn't even dip into his own pocket on this one, yet feels the urge to tell people about it in an attempt to look generous to his fawning following. Only a true man of the people :rolleyes:could turn charity into a selfish and egotistical act.

See you Monday folks, can't stomach an UnFunny Friday today.

Fair play to the manager from the hotel coming on and talking to her.

sorry, one more. Yes, I agree, fair play to him for coming on air - I'm guessing he's never listened to Lahv Lahn before though? ;) was hoping he would stand his ground though and not give her the €50 back. He gave in too easily to Joe's bulling tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ned O'Keeffe must be one relieved man that he was arrested on an unfunny friday...

Could you not talk her out of it?

Maybe if one of these days Joe turned up at the Red Cow with Doc savage & da gang, and no-one was there, they might end this abysmal waste of time and money that is "funny( I use the term loosely) friday"

She didnt tell me found out from the father

she knows my views on the hogs in RTE

strong words later though:)

Better hope she doesn't come back with a Lahhvlahhn Tee shirt for you Sept - or better still - a CD of the show, autographed by the uFF Crew ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Glad to hear Eamonn Lillis is having a good time anyway.. I hear his story is about a man who beat his wife to death with a brick and then was rewarded with free speech and drama classes at the expense of the State.. A bit far fetched if you ask me.

Well, technically it's 0.00% as this is additional income Joe won (is there any justice in this country at all?!). He didn't even dip into his own pocket on this one, yet feels the urge to tell people about it in an attempt to look generous to his fawning following. Only a true man of the people :rolleyes:could turn charity into a selfish and egotistical act.

See you Monday folks, can't stomach an UnFunny Friday today.

Actually you are right. Just worked out the figures and Joe and I earn about the same numberwise, obviously and unfortunately with currency conversion the dollar(or euro as the case may be) value works out differently :(

However, based on my math, the 1000 euro he won and gave away, is the same as me winning 40 euro on a scratch card and donating that. Not something I would feel the urge to tweet about I have to say. To be honest, if I rang my mother and told her, I would feel ashamed. "Ma, I just won forty euro off a scratch card and instead of spending it on hookers and coke, I gave it to a charidy"

Glad to hear Eamonn Lillis is having a good time anyway.. I hear his story is about a man who beat his wife to death with a brick and then was rewarded with free speech and drama classes at the expense of the State.. A bit far fetched if you ask me.

Is he in the Joy or in an open prison?

Judging by that cheer, there are an awful lot of sad people out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

bolliks forgot it was freaky friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement