Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Enough with the friggin talented dog Joe, for crying out loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I reckon he watched Dumbo once too often when he was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I will make it my business to go to the Circus tonight Carmody

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Blah blah black sheep

Oh don't you bring racism into this !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Joe you are a gimp! You CANNOT compare a dog in a film to big mammal like an elephant, chained and made to perform ina circus, year after year.

He really is a thick. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

When we "look back in horror" fifteen years from now, I doubt it will be at the thought of circus elephants.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Did the blubbering elephant lover say who or what organisation he's with? He's on about following these animals around the country, and investigations abroad, and practically mounting surveillance.... sounds very organised - he's obviously not a lone nutter.

Aranjumpersforsale.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There was a circus that came to Brno recently, and there was a Tiger in a cage on a flat bed truck. It was a very sad sight. Some animal rights campaigners say keeping a cat in a flat is cruel, but my two cats have about 80 square meters to run around in(and they do). An 9 foor long tiger in a 12x15 metre cage is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus!

Another break-een!

Joe must be in and out to the Bookies.

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Joe has a little elephant-een in the back garden-een to entertain the three twins!!

europa11 wrote: »
    Another break-een!

Joe must be in and out to the loo.

Fyp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

"catholic ethos"
    The very words make my skin crawl...

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ah here. One of these Catholic persecution complex dillusionists, again.

Clontarf!

BINGO!!

They'd get a vote from me if they did try and remove the strnagle hold the church has on education.

Did he say its called the Clontarf report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Why is he talking about trivial issues like Education when there are unhappy elephants in Fermoy?

From educate together to suffer together! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

" no room at the inn ..."" move along

surferdudz wrote: »
    " no room at the inn ..."" move along

... too many elephants in the room! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Let catholics, muslims, jews and all other religions fund raise and build schools for their children to attend if they feel so strongly, if I believed in a magic teapot in the sky I'd fundraise for a school with that "ethos", state schools should be totally secular as in America and UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Let catholics, muslims, jews and all other religions fund raise and build schools for their children to attend if they feel so strongly if I believed in a magic teapot in the sky I'd fundraise for a school with that "ethos", state schools should be totally secular as in America and UK.

Ah but it seems these parent's attitude is, why fundraise when the government can finance their religious beliefs, and absolve them of the responsibility for the religious education of their own children??

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Missed the last 15 or so minutes, worth podcasting later?

Missed the last 15 or so minutes, worth podcasting later?

Get the last of the elephants, but for final 6 or so minutes he went back to religious education.....not a patch on Dumbo, so skip that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ah but it seems these parent's attitude is, why fundraise when the government can finance their religious beliefs, and absolve them of the responsibility for the religious education of their own children??

Maybe some sort of joint elephant sanctuary/catholic's only school is needed if todays LL is anything to go by?

sudzs wrote: »
    Joe you are a gimp! You CANNOT compare a dog in a film to big mammal like an elephant, chained and made to perform ina circus, year after year.

He really is a thick. :mad:

And like the point I made with my cats. You can give a dog a nice life very cheaply and easily. Pardon the pun but an elephant is a very different animal. <-- May be pointing out the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Good show today, the mad, the bad and the sad (elephants).

the thread was fairly whipped up.

liveline.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Skid wrote: »
    A bit earlier Joe says 'Do you go to Mass every week?'

Then she says 'Well, not religiously' :pac:

that Karen one sounded like a right hypocrite she insists on sending her child to a catholic school but she said herself she only goes to mass twice a year:rolleyes: i mean ffs
    europa11 wrote: »
    "catholic ethos" .....:eek:...we all know what that led to, why this woman or anyone would want to put their child through it is beyond me.

its the whole irish nationalism + catholic thingy the two are tightly intertwined

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Elephant Man John Carmody sounds suspiciously like Terence (aka John Creedon - We're all God's Children), it's not....is it??????????????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Looks like I missed a good one yesterday, elephants you say!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement