Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champion Hurdle, 13-03-12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

I'm going to try Rock On Ruby e/w. Has good course form and won't mind an end to end gallop. Should get up the hill nicely and the Neptune winner has been known to enjoy the shorter trip of the Champion the next year, a la Hardy Eustace and Istabraq.

On a side note, has any Supreme winner followed up in the Champion the next year? There's probably an obvious one but I can't recall.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Zarkandar
    Fryern wrote: »
    FT well done I like 3-1 but that doesn't leave much for other than a nose bet.

Restaurants? I wasn't meaning Cheltenham I only know of one and that's nowhere near the course. re Burger... you must try the Goodwood Estates hot sirloin steak sandwiches if you go to the July meeting - amazing sold just south of the Richmond stand.

No interest in laying Fryern.

All or nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Zarkandar
    My head hurts

Zarkandar
    My head hurts

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Binocular
    So take evens off 15/1 you get 14/1.

You think Hurricane Fly is evens to go which means 50% likely, I said why wouldn't Binocular have the same likelyhood. If he is a 50% chance of running this would mean your bet is only 7.5/1 as it's half of 15/1 using your logic.

Grandouet doesn't go - scratched.

Binocular definitely wasn't running two years ago and he did run and won it. I was just making the point that it is too early to celebrate either of your bets given the past history. Binocular was matched a few times at 999 to the layers expense.

I would not be at all surprised to see one or both of Grandouet and Spirit Son in this race on the day, that is why I took the odds at small stakes, well worth losing €15 to have a chance of winning over €500. If they end up running I can lay them and make money either way.

Did you back him to place too?

• Advertisement

Zarkandar
    Neither Grandouet or Spirit Son will run. It's the Champion Hurdle and the owners are not going to let Henderson set up a sting by making their horses miss their prep runs. Binocular was not injured that year, that's the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Rhinestone Cowboy

Zarkandar
    Another Henderson conspiracy theory:). Oscar Whiskey hasnt been left in the race has he ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Zarkandar
    Fryern, anytime you want an evens shot & a 14/1 shot in a double at 15/1 make sure you ring me to lay it

Zarkandar
    Fryern, anytime you want an evens shot & a 14/1 shot in a double at 15/1 make sure you ring me to lay it

He makes money from punting, steer clear of him, he must be a genius on another level to us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Zarkandar
    Another Henderson conspiracy theory:). Oscar Whiskey hasnt been left in the race has he ?

Nicky H was tagged below at Kempton earlier
    crazed-man-looking-into-a-crystal-ball.jpg

• Advertisement

Binocular
    Binocular was not injured that year, that's the difference

Ah, I thought he was ruled out due to injury in 2010, wasn't he matched at 999 though:confused:

Binocular
    Another Henderson conspiracy theory:).

I thought Binocular was injured in 2010.

In 2010 and 2011, there were been strange happenings with Champion Hurdle contenders from Seven Barrows, so I placed small stakes on his two withdrawn horses this year.

You can call me Mulder if it want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Rock on Ruby
    I'm going to try Rock On Ruby e/w. Has good course form and won't mind an end to end gallop. Should get up the hill nicely and the Neptune winner has been known to enjoy the shorter trip of the Champion the next year, a la Hardy Eustace and Istabraq.

On a side note, has any Supreme winner followed up in the Champion the next year? There's probably an obvious one but I can't recall.....

Rock on Ruby didn't win the Neptune last year.

It's at least 10-15 years I'd say since a Supreme winner won the following years CH. Hor la Loi and Brave Inca won both but not in consecutive years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Other (please specify)
    Noel fehily is booked for rock on ruby
    That'll do nicely
    Great e/w bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Zarkandar
    mccarte2 wrote: »
    Rock on Ruby didn't win the Neptune last year.

It's at least 10-15 years I'd say since a Supreme winner won the following years CH. Hor la Loi and Brave Inca won both but not in consecutive years.

I think Bula in the 70's was the last horse to do that double and possibly the only one to do it??? Not 100% sure on it but think i remember from a Cheltenham quiz last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Stewie Griffin

Yeah of course he didn't. Can I claim a moral victory, ahem?

I was thinking more in terms of the Neptune seeming to be a better guide altogether to the CH than the Supreme. I think he might like the race but he probably still racing for second. If I had large wads of cash, HF would be my bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Grandouet
    Had a dream I was in Galway and checked the results. Baracas won the race, with Hurricane Fly refusing when they all went off. That's not so likely.

In the same dream I got pissed and tried it on with every girl at a party. That is likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Rock on Ruby
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    Had a dream I was in Galway and checked the results. Baracas won the race, with Hurricane Fly refusing when they all went off. That's not so likely.

In the same dream I got pissed and tried it on with every girl at a party. That is likely.

Was definitely a dream if Hurricane Fly was in the race. Let us know the next time you dream about Hurricane Run...

Grandouet
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ28PyqHz967MA3kfQ5MKqVyuEbPFHkZIu91Si43X3ldp-boHM

Zarkandar
    Binocular very weak on Betfair. Very little on the pink side

• Advertisement

Grandouet
    I hope there isn't going to be some bad news

Zarkandar
    I hope there isn't going to be some bad news

Karma may be about to smack you in the face for your horrible wishes on Hurricane Fly!

Zarkandar
    7.4 to lay now. Cash also up at 7.6 then a gap to 9.0. He was 9.4 to lay when I posted earlier

Binocular

How many women knocked you back? Sounds like a nightmare :D

Grandouet
    I said I tried it with them all. Think all of them rejected me.

Binocular
    I said I tried it with them all. Think all of them rejected me.

If one said yes why did you move on to another one? ;)

Grandouet
    One did not

Binocular
    One did not

Dunno if you are talking like the Queen or trying to confuse me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

I'm siding with Hurricane Fly to win. HOWEVER as I'd never back a horse at odds-on at the festival, I'm looking for the each-way value instead. With it being 5/1 bar the Hurricane there are plenty to chose from : Zarkandar was impressive when winning the Betfair. but has been on anti-biotics since so hes not for me. Binocular is also at 5/1 and on his Kingwell victory you'd imagine he's make the frame for sure. A couple at bigger prices are Celestial Halo who chased Binocular home last time out, seems to be around forever but still only an 8 year-old. Won the champion hurdle trial at Newbury and Rock on Ruby again for the Nicholls yard at a tasty 14/1. Only beaten a short-head in last year's Neptune and less than a length behind Binocular in the Christmas hurdle. At a recent preview night Paul Nicholls couldn't understand why he was such a big price. But for me though my €10EW in the Champion Hurdle is going on Oscars Well. Jessie Harrington says he'll love the good ground. On straight form he has 7 lengths to find on Rock On Ruby for last year's Neptune Investment but I thought he ran a great race in not ideal conditions in the Irish Champion so I'll go for Oscars each-way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Fryern

Grandouet

Your missing the point.................I won't bother to explain. However:-

W Mullins on C4 this am

If HF doesn't run then the grey will be a very good substitute!

Odds on looks a stupid bet unless NRNB.

Best result today................... Murray beaten again.

Advertisement