Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do I need to get car serviced?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

It's just a normal question :)

I agree that changing the oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs doesnt equate to full service but I do look after my car and anything that would need to be done would be done even before the recomended schedule.;)
    For example in March last year full timing belt kit and water pump was changed icluding coolant.
    In the same time new brake pads were fitted, front ones checked and they still have good few years left.
    As well before that, brake fluid was changed. Changed the pollen filter as well.
    In December now got two new rear tyres fitted, front ones still can go untill ssummer I recon.
    As well did tracking and balancing when fitted new tyres.
    When brought car to my mechanic two days ago he checked everything under the wheels and around there.
    As well cleaned the throttle body, idle air contorl valve and air flow meter last year.
    So to be honest my car is spot on at the moment. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Bobo78 wrote: »
    What would you consider full service? What else do you think should ve be done? :)
    Bobo78 wrote: »
    I agree that changing the oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs doesnt equate to full service

....so what do you think is a full service then?

Advertisement